Maintane 500mg Ampopule Of 2ml Injection
Maintane 500 MG Description
Maintane 500 injection is used in reducing the risk of premature birth in a female who previously has delivered a premature baby. It contains hydroxyprogesterone as its active ingredient. This medici
ne should be used under medical prescription and for the duration that it is prescribed. Headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting are a few side effects of this medicine. If you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, then contact your doctor immediately. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
- Pro 9 500mg Ampoule Of 2ml InjectionBy Abbott India Ltd2ml Injection in AmpouleMRP 354.12₹ 315.18₹ 157.59/Ml
Uses of Maintane 500 MG
Contraindications of Maintane 500 MG
- If you are allergic to hydroxyprogesterone or any other ingredients of Maintane 500 injection.
- If you had or have problems with your liver like liver cancer, etc.
- If you have breast cancer or any other hormone cancer.
- If you have undiagnosed abnormal vaginal bleeding.
- If you have or had a history of blood clot disorders.
- If you have jaundice in pregnancy.
- If you have high blood pressure that is not controlled.
Side effects of Maintane 500 MG
- Skin rash
- Itching at the injection site
- Injection site lumps
Precautions and Warnings of Maintane 500 MG
Other General Warnings
- You had or have a blood disorder.
- You have problems with your heart or kidney.
- You have diabetes or pre-diabetes.
- You are pregnant and suffer from asthma, fits, migraine, high blood pressure.
- You have had a history of depression.
- You may develop jaundice or high blood pressure.
- You develop any allergic reactions like rash, swelling, itching.
- You are a smoker.
- Maintane 500 injection should not be used to prevent premature birth in women who are pregnant with more than one baby (like twins, triplets). It should also not be used to stop active premature labour....
Mode of Action of Maintane 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Maintane 500 MG
- Maintane 500 injection will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse. Do not self-inject this medicine.
- Follow the instructions suggested by your doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of Maintane 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Maintane 500 injection may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Medicines like cimetidine, ciprofloxacin, halothane, nicotine, bupropion, ketamine should be used with caution as they may alter the effects of this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Maintane 500 MG
- Store Maintane 500 below 25°C in the original container to protect from light.
- Do not freeze.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Maintane 500 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Maintane 500 injection on my own?
- No, you should never stop taking this medicine until advised by the doctor, even if you are feeling good.
- If you stop taking this medicine, then it may lead to treatment failure.
Q: Can I take this Maintane 500 injection on my own?
Q: What is the Maintane 500 injection used for?
- MAKENA® (hydroxyprogesterone caproate injection) for intramuscular or subcutaneous use, USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 11 February 2022]
- HYDROXYPROGESTERONE CAPROATE injection [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 11 February 2022]
- Hydroxyprogesterone injection Uses, Side Effects & Warnings - Drugs.com [Internet]. Drugs.com. 2022 [cited 11 February 2022]