Lulizol Cream 20gm
By KLM LABORATORIES PVT LTD
20g Cream in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Lulizol cream is a topical anti-fungal medicine meant for treating fungal skin infections like Athlete's foot, ringworm, jock itch, etc. It contains luliconazole as an active component. Lulizol cream
should only be used externally and must not be used for any other skin conditions without consulting your doctor. Use this medicine exactly as instructed by the doctor. You may experience some application site reactions as side effects but they normally fade away with time. Please report to your doctor if you notice the side effects persist or worsen. Before starting the treatment with Lulizol cream you should tell the doctor about detailed health conditions especially skin related problems if any. If you don't see any improvement even after two weeks of treatment, let your doctor know immediately....
Uses of Lulizol Cream 20gm
Lulizol cream is used in the treatment of fungal infections of the skin in adults. It is effective in fungal skin infections caused by fungi Tinea.
Contraindications of Lulizol Cream 20gm
- If you are allergic to terbinafine or any of the ingredients of Lulizol cream.
- If you are a breastfeeding woman.
- If you are suffering from liver disease.
Side effects of Lulizol Cream 20gm
- Skin irritation
- Secondary skin infection
- burning sensation
- Local skin reactions at the site of application
Precautions and Warnings of Lulizol Cream 20gm
Can I apply Lulizol cream during pregnancy?
There is limited safety information regarding the use of Lulizol cream in pregnancy. Hence, it is recommended to consult your doctor before using it in pregnancy to evaluate the benefit and risks. Avoid applying it to the larger skin areas for a prolonged period.
Can I apply Lulizol cream while breastfeeding?
Lulizol cream can be used while breastfeeding as the absorbed quantities via the skin is very low. However, it must not be applied to the breast, nipple or nearby area. Care must be taken not to apply to the area, which may come in direct contact with the infant's skin while feeding or any large skin area for a prolonged period.
Can I drive if I have applied Lulizol cream?
Yes, Lulizol cream is to be applied to the skin on the affected area and does not interfere with your ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol if I have applied Lulizol cream?
Alcohol may directly not interact with the action of Lulizol cream. However, it can delay the healing of infection. Thus, one should avoid consuming alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience any local allergies after using this medicine.
- You should not use this cream for any other ailment except for the one prescribed by your doctor.
- You should not give it to other people, even if they have the same symptoms that you have.
- This cream should not be applied to the eyes or vagina.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this cream, then wash your eyes with water immediately and if there are any symptoms, then consult your doctor.
- This medicine should not be used for children under 12 years of age.
Mode of Action of Lulizol Cream 20gm
How Does It Work?
Lulizol cream works by inhibiting the action of a coenzyme in the fungal cell wall. This blocks the formation of a substance called ergosterol, essential for cell wall formation in fungus. This leads
to decreased production of ergosterol and prevents the growth of fungus....
Directions for Use of Lulizol Cream 20gm
- Lulizol cream has to be used for external application only as prescribed by your doctor.
- Wash your hands properly after you apply Lulizol cream unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- Avoid touching the tip of the container to the infected area as it may contaminate the cream.
- It should be applied to the affected area as a thin film and on 1 inch of skin around the affected area.
- It is not meant for use near the mouth, eye or vagina.
Interactions of Lulizol Cream 20gm
Interactions with other medicines
- Since this medicine is to be used externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines.
- Lulizol cream used in a larger amount for a prolonged period may interact with the action of omeprazole (used in acidity).
- You should consult your doctor if you are on any other medicines along with Lulizol cream.
Storage and disposal of Lulizol Cream 20gm
- Store Lulizol cream at room temperature between 20°C to 25°C.
- Keep this cream out of the reach of children and pets.
- Once opened should be used within one month.
- Discard any unused medicine properly and do not throw it in trash or wastewater.
Dosage of Lulizol Cream 20gm
Overdosage of Lulizol cream is rare and no information is available on its overdose. If you have applied too much of this cream, then wipe off the extra cream with cotton or tissue immediately. If you
experience any local symptoms after application, then reach out to your doctor....
Missed a Dose
If you forget to use Lulizol cream at the suggested time, then use it as soon as you remember & carry on as before. Do not stop this medicine abruptly if you feel better without consulting your doctor
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Lulizol cream in pregnancy?
A: Its safety in pregnancy is not established. You should consult your doctor before using Lulizol cream in pregnancy to evaluate the benefit and risks.
Q: How should I use Lulizol cream?
- Use Lulizol cream as your doctor tells you to use it.
- Apply a thin layer of the cream to the affected skin areas.
- Extend the application to about 1 inch of the surrounding skin.
- Do not rub the medicine. Wash your hands after you apply Luliconazole cream.
Q: How should I store Lulizol cream?
A: Store Lulizol cream at room temperature between 20°C to 25°C. Keep it out of the reach of children.
Q: How does Lulizol cream work?
A: Lulizol cream contains a medicine named Luliconazole, which is an anti-fungal medicine. It damages the cell membrane of fungal cells and eventually kills them.
Q: Can we use Lulizol cream in children?
A: It may be used in children above 12 years of age. Do not use in a child younger than 12 years of age as their skin is very thin and the doses used in adults can not be used in children.
Q: Is Lulizol cream suitable for skin allergy?
A: Lulizol cream is used for the treatment of fungal skin infections. It is not useful for allergic skin disease. However, it may be used for secondary infections with allergies. You should consult your doctor before using Lulizol cream.
Q: Can Lulizol cream be useful for skin burns?
A: Lulizol cream is used for the treatment of fungal skin infections. It is not useful for skin burns.
Q: When to stop Lulizol cream use?
A: You must use Lulizol cream as per your doctor's advice. Do not use it for more than 2 weeks. If your condition is not improving, consult your doctor.
Q: Can I use Lulizol cream for Athlete's foot?
A: Yes, an athlete's foot infection is due to fungus and it mainly affects the areas between the toes. Lulizol cream acts against tinea pedis, the fungus causing foot fungal infections.
Q: What are the main causes of the Athlete's foot?
A: People who have sweaty feet or wear tight shoes for a long time. It can affect the areas between the toes and can lead to itching, stinging and burning sensations.
- LUZU (luliconazole) Cream, 1% for topical use [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 3 May 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 3 May 2021]
- Luliconazole: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 6 September 2021]
- Luliconazole [Internet]. Pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 6 September 2021]
- Luliconazole - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics [Internet]. Sciencedirect.com. 2021 [cited 6 September 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 07 Sep 2021 | 06:25 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved