Lubrex 0.5% Eye Drops 10ml
By MICRO LABS
10ml Eye Drop in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Lubrex 0.5% Eye Drops 10ml contain Carboxymethylcellulose as its active ingredient. It is used as a lubricant for temporary relief from burning irritation and discomfort due to dryness of the eye or due to exposure to wind or sun. It helps in restoring the natural moisture of your eyes using natural tears. Dryness in the eye can be due to various factors such as wind, sunlight, prolonged use of computers and staying in air-conditioned setups. Before using this medicine, please discuss with your doctor if you have any other eye conditions.
Uses of Lubrex 0.5% Eye Drops 10ml
Lubrex 0.5% Eye Drops 10ml is used in providing temporary relief from burning, irritation and discomfort caused due to dryness of the eye.
Contraindications of Lubrex 0.5% Eye Drops 10ml
If you are hypersensitive to carboxymethylcellulose or any of the other ingredients of Lubrex 0.5% Eye Drops 10ml.
Side effects of Lubrex 0.5% Eye Drops 10ml
- Eye pain
- Eye discharge
- Visual disturbances
Precautions and Warnings of Lubrex 0.5% Eye Drops 10ml
Can I instil Lubrex 0.5% Eye Drops 10ml during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effects of this medicine in human pregnancy. You should consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a child before starting this medicine.
Can I instil Lubrex 0.5% Eye Drops 10ml while breastfeeding?
This medicine can be used while breastfeeding as this is meant for external application, and chances of its absorption are negligible.
Can I drive if I have instilled Lubrex 0.5% Eye Drops 10ml?
You may experience visual disturbances like blurred vision and inability to recognise objects properly. Therefore, you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol if I have instilled Lubrex 0.5% Eye Drops 10ml?
There is no information available on the interaction of this medicine with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience irritation, pain, redness of the eye and changes in vision occur, or your condition worsens, you may need to discontinue the treatment.
- Contact lenses should be removed before each application and may be inserted after 15 minutes.
- Concomitant eye medication should be administered 15 minutes before the installation of Lubrex 0.5% Eye Drops 10ml.
- To avoid contamination or possible eye injury, do not touch the tip to the bottle or vial to any surface and avoid contact with the eye.
- Discard open single-dose container after use.
- If you accidentally ingest or swallow this medicine, contact your doctor or visit the hospital immediately.
Mode of Action of Lubrex 0.5% Eye Drops 10ml
How Does It Work?
Our eyes continuously produce teras and store it in a sac-like structure in the eyes. When there is a decrease in the production of tears, it leads to drying of eyes which causes further irritation, redness and itching. Carboxymethylcellulose present in Lubrex 0.5% Eye Drops 10ml has a high viscosity which prevents the drainage of tears and increases its retention time in the eye. Thus, the tears that are formed are retained in the eyes for a longer time, lubricating the eyes.
Directions for Use of Lubrex 0.5% Eye Drops 10ml
- Use Lubrex 0.5% Eye Drops 10ml as advised by your doctor
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after using this medicine
- Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze after application
- Avoid touching your eyes with the dropper, and it must be kept clean
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue
- You should remove your contact lens before using this medicine
- Check for the colour of the solution
- Avoid using if it has changed colour or has become cloudy
Interactions of Lubrex 0.5% Eye Drops 10ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Tell your doctor about any other medicine, supplement or OTC products you are taking.
- If you use another eye drop product concomitantly with this medicine, keep a minimum gap of 15 minutes between the application of two medicines.
Storage and disposal of Lubrex 0.5% Eye Drops 10ml
- Store this medicine at or below 25°C in a clean and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- You should not use it once the expiry date has passed and discard it properly.
- Do not use this medicine if you notice the contents are of a different colour in any way or if particles are present.
Dosage of Lubrex 0.5% Eye Drops 10ml
As this medicine is meant for external application, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed using this medicine, instil the drops as soon as you remember if the next instillation is more than 4 hours later.
- If it is almost time for the next instillation, skip the missed dose and instil the drops at the time of next dose as planned.
- Do not overuse this medicine to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Lubrex 0.5% Eye Drops 10ml be used with contact lenses?
A: No, it is advisable to remove contact lenses and then instil this medicine. You can use the lenses 15 mins after instilling the drops.
Q: Can this medicine be used for the ears?
A: No, it is an eye drop and should only be used in the eyes.
Q: How to open Lubrex 0.5% Eye Drops 10ml?
A: You should follow the instructions provided on the packing. Twist the nozzle in the direction shown and break the seal. Now tighten the nozzle again. Shake well before using this medicine.
Q: Is Lubrex 0.5% Eye Drops 10ml safe for babies?
A: The safety and efficacy of this medicine in babies and children have not been established. No information is available.
Q: What is the use of Lubrex 0.5% Eye Drops 10ml?
A: Lubrex 0.5% Eye Drops 10ml is used as a lubricant and in conditions causing dry eyes.
Q: Can I use Lubrex 0.5% Eye Drops 10ml frequently?
A: Although it is safe for use, it should be used only as frequently as prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Can this medicine cause cataract?
A: There is no information suggesting the use of this medicine can lead to cataract formation. It is generally safe with a minimal side effect profile.
Q: Do Lubrex 0.5% Eye Drops 10ml have any effects on the heart?
A: Lubrex 0.5% Eye Drops 10ml contain Carboxymethylcellulose that does not get absorbed in your blood in significant concentration, to cause any systemic illness, including heart diseases.
- DailyMed. Artificial tears. [Accessed on 24.Sept.2020] (online)
- DailyMed. Equate Restore Plus Lubricant Eye drops. [Accessed on 24.Sept.2020] (online)
- Medscape. Carboxymethylcellulose ophthalmic. [Accessed on 24.Sept.2020] (online)
- Allergan Pharmaceuticals. Refresh tears. [Accessed on 24.Sept.2020] (online)
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 19 Mar 2021 | 04:10 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved