Lotepred T Eye Drops 5ml
By SUN PHARMA
5ml Eye Drop in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Lotepred T Eye drop is a sterile preparation containing a combination of an antibiotic and a steroid. It is a multidose ophthalmic solution consisting of Tobramycin, Loteprednol as the active ingredie
nts. It is used to treat inflammatory eye conditions, which are responsive mainly to the steroid with a superficial bacterial infection. It reduces the redness, swelling and inflammation of the eye. Lotepred T Eye drop should be used externally only. It should not be used for children below 18 years of age. Avoid the use of contact lenses. Avoid touching the dropper with your eye. You may experience eye irritation, burning sensation, increased lacrimation, swelling of the eyelid. If these symptoms do not resolve or worsens, consult with your doctor....
Uses of Lotepred T Eye Drops 5ml
Lotepred T Eye drop is used for inflammatory ocular (eye) conditions for which a steroid is indicated & where superficial ocular bacterial infection or risk for bacterial infection exists.
Contraindications of Lotepred T Eye Drops 5ml
- If you are allergic to Tobramycin, Loteprednol or any other component of Lotepred T Eye drop.
- If you have a viral infection of the eye including herpes simplex.
- If you have an untreated bacterial or fungal infection of the eye.
Side effects of Lotepred T Eye Drops 5ml
- Increased intraocular pressure
- Eye pain
- Eye burning or discomfort
- Itching and swelling of the eyelid
- Eye discharge or increases lacrimation
- Dry eye, foreign body sensation in eyes,
Precautions and Warnings of Lotepred T Eye Drops 5ml
Can I instill Lotepred T Eye drop during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the use of Lotepred T Eye drop on pregnancy. It is recommended not to use this medicine during pregnancy unless considered safe and advised by your doctor.
Can I instill Lotepred T Eye drop while breastfeeding?
A component of Lotepred T Eye drop may pass into the breast milk and cause harm to the nursing infant. You should not use this medicine if you are breastfeeding unless considered safe and prescribed by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have instilled Lotepred T Eye drop?
Lotepred T Eye drop does not influence the ability to drive. If instilling this medicine causes transient blurring of vision avoid driving until these symptoms are resolved.
Can I consume alcohol with Lotepred T Eye drop?
There is limited information about the effect of alcohol on Lotepred T Eye drop. It may increase side effects like blurred vision. Talk to your doctor if you consume it too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You had developed a cataract after prolonged use of eye drops containing steroids.
- You had an allergic reaction with similar medicine.
- You have any other viral or fungal infection.
- You experience any other effect after using Lotepred T Eye drop.
- You experience any infection after using Lotepred T Eye drop.
- You are having any other medical condition and on other medicines.
- Lotepred T Eye drop should not be used for injection or oral use.
- Avoid wearing contact lenses when using these eye drops.
- Lotepred T Eye drop should not be used for children below 18 years of age.
- Do not pierce or open Lotepred T Eye drop with a needle, knife or scissor.
Mode of Action of Lotepred T Eye Drops 5ml
How Does It Work?
- During inflammation or infection of the skin, the body releases some chemical substances which make the skin red, itchy and swollen.
- Loteprednol is a steroid which acts by blocking the synthesis of natural substance, i.e. prostaglandins which is responsible for itching, swelling and redness.
- Tobramycin is an antibiotic agent which is widely used for treating various bacterial infection of the skin. It works by inhibiting the growth and multiplication of bacteria causing infection.
- Collectively these medicines work more effectively by reducing the infection and inflammation of the skin.
Directions for Use of Lotepred T Eye Drops 5ml
- Use Lotepred T Eye drop as instructed by your doctor.
- Follow directions carefully & do not miss doses.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying.
- Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes with the dropper and it must be kept clean.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
- Use the exact number of drops recommended.
Interactions of Lotepred T Eye Drops 5ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Be cautious if you are using topical painkillers such as diclofenac along with Lotepred T Eye Drop may delay the eye healing process.
- Cycloplegic medicine such as atropine, cyclopentolate, homatropine, scopolamine can increase the intraocular pressure when used along with this medicine.
- Since Lotepred T Eye Drop is to be used externally it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions....Read more
Storage and disposal of Lotepred T Eye Drops 5ml
- Store at temperature not exceeding 25°C in cool, dry place.
- Do not freeze.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
- Discard the solution if it changes color, turns cloudy or if it contains particles.
Dosage of Lotepred T Eye Drops 5ml
As Lotepred T Eye drop is meant for external application cases of overdose is unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have ap
plied extra quantities of it, wipe out the excess of the medicine with tissue or cotton....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed instilling Lotepred T Eye drop, instill it as soon as possible. Do not overuse this medicine just to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long can I use Lotepred T Eye drop?
A: You should use Lotepred T Eye drop for the duration advised by your doctor. Once you open the bottle make sure you use it within 4 weeks of opening.
Q: Will Lotepred T Eye drop cause blurry vision?
A: Yes, Lotepred T Eye drop may cause blurry vision for some time or a short duration. If these conditions worsen, consult with your doctor. Avoid performing any activities requiring consciousness.
Q: Can I stop using Lotepred T Eye drop when I feel better?
A: No, do not stop using Lotepred T Eye drop. Your symptoms may improve before the condition is cured completely. You should complete the full course of treatment else the condition might worsen later. Always consult your doctor before stopping any medicine.
Q: How to open Lotepred T Eye drop?
A: You should follow the instructions provided on the packing. Twist the nozzle in the direction shown and break the seal. Now tighten the nozzle again. Shake well before using Lotepred T Eye drop.
Q: What is the difference between Lotepred eye drops and Lotepred T Eye drop?
A: Lotepred contains only Loteprednol, a steroid; while Lotepred T is a combination of Tobramycin, an antibiotic and Loteprednol, a steroid. Based on your eye condition, your eye specialist will recommend either of the medicine. You should only use the medicine prescribed by your doctor as the same shall be based on your diagnosis and medical history.
Last Updated on: 22 Mar 2021 | 10:37 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved