Lotepred T Bottle Of 5ml Eye Drop
Lotepred T Bottle Of 5ml Eye Drop Description
Lotepred T Eye drop is a sterile preparation containing a combination of an antibiotic and a steroid. It is a multidose ophthalmic solution consisting of Tobramycin, Loteprednol as the active ingredi
ents. It is used to treat inflammatory eye conditions, which are responsive mainly to the steroid with a superficial bacterial infection. It reduces the redness, swelling and inflammation of the eye. Lotepred T Eye drop should be used externally only. It should not be used for children below 18 years of age. Avoid the use of contact lenses. Avoid touching the dropper with your eye. You may experience eye irritation, burning sensation, increased lacrimation, swelling of the eyelid. If these symptoms do not resolve or worsens, consult with your doctor.
|You Save||₹29.85 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Loteprednol(0.5 %) + Tobramycin(0.3 %)|
|Therapy||OCCULAR ANTIBIOTIC AND STEROID|
Uses of Lotepred T Bottle Of 5ml Eye Drop
Contraindications of Lotepred T Bottle Of 5ml Eye Drop
- If you are allergic to Tobramycin, Loteprednol or any other component of Lotepred T Eye drop.
- If you have a viral infection of the eye including herpes simplex.
- If you have an untreated bacterial or fungal infection of the eye.
Side effects of Lotepred T Bottle Of 5ml Eye Drop
- Increased intraocular pressure
- Eye pain
- Eye burning or discomfort
- Itching and swelling of the eyelid
- Eye discharge or increases lacrimation
- Dry eye, foreign body sensation in eyes,
Precautions and Warnings of Lotepred T Bottle Of 5ml Eye Drop
Other General Warnings
- You had developed a cataract after prolonged use of eye drops containing steroids.
- You had an allergic reaction with similar medicine.
- You have any other viral or fungal infection.
- You experience any other effect after using Lotepred T Eye drop.
- You experience any infection after using Lotepred T Eye drop.
- You are having any other medical condition and on other medicines.
- Lotepred T Eye drop should not be used for injection or oral use.
- Avoid wearing contact lenses when using these eye drops.
- Lotepred T Eye drop should not be used for children below 18 years of age.
- Do not pierce or open Lotepred T Eye drop with a needle, knife or scissor.
Mode of Action of Lotepred T Bottle Of 5ml Eye Drop
How Does It Work?
- During inflammation or infection of the skin, the body releases some chemical substances which make the skin red, itchy and swollen.
- Loteprednol is a steroid which acts by blocking the synthesis of natural substance, i.e. prostaglandins which is responsible for itching, swelling and redness.
- Tobramycin is an antibiotic agent which is widely used for treating various bacterial infection of the skin. It works by inhibiting the growth and multiplication of bacteria causing infection.
- Collectively these medicines work more effectively by reducing the infection and inflammation of the skin.
Directions for Use of Lotepred T Bottle Of 5ml Eye Drop
- Use Lotepred T Eye drop as instructed by your doctor.
- Follow directions carefully & do not miss doses.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying.
- Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes with the dropper and it must be kept clean.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
- Use the exact number of drops recommended.
Interactions of Lotepred T Bottle Of 5ml Eye Drop
Interactions with other medicines
- Be cautious if you are using topical painkillers such as diclofenac along with Lotepred T Eye Drop may delay the eye healing process.
- Cycloplegic medicine such as atropine, cyclopentolate, homatropine, scopolamine can increase the intraocular pressure when used along with this medicine.
- Since Lotepred T Eye Drop is to be used externally it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions....
Storage and disposal of Lotepred T Bottle Of 5ml Eye Drop
- Store at temperature not exceeding 25°C in cool, dry place.
- Do not freeze.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
- Discard the solution if it changes color, turns cloudy or if it contains particles.