Loprin 75mg Tablet
By UNICHEM LABORATORIES LTD
14 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Loprin 75mg Tablet is an antiplatelet medicine containing acetylsalicylic acid (also called aspirin). It is used to prevent blood clot formation within the body. It is also used to prevent heart attacks, strokes and chest pains associated with the heart. This medicine should not be used by individuals with bleeding disorders. Take this tablet as prescribed and for the prescribed duration. The common side effects of Loprin 75mg Tablet are indigestion, heartburn or acidity and increased risk of bleeding. If you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, you should contact your doctor immediately. This medicine is not recommended in patients below 16 years unless advised by the doctor.
Uses of Loprin 75mg Tablet
- Prevention of heart attack
- Prevention of strokes
- Prevention of heart problems like stable or unstable angina (chest pain)
- Treatment of acute heart attack
- Prevention of blood clot formation post heart surgery
Contraindications of Loprin 75mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to acetylsalicylic acid or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you have bleeding disorders
- If you have a history of ulcer in the stomach or small intestine
- If you have gout
- If you have a serious liver or kidney problem
- If you are pregnant (last three months) or breastfeeding
- If you are taking medicines for cancer or rheumatoid arthritis (like methotrexate - more than 15mg per week)
Side effects of Loprin 75mg Tablet
- Increased risk of bleeding
- Breathing difficulty
- Severe allergic reactions like swelling of your lips, face or body, fainting, difficulty in swallowing and wheezing (serious side effect)
- Reddening of the skin with high fever (serious side effect)
Precautions and Warnings of Loprin 75mg Tablet
Can I take Loprin 75mg Tablet during pregnancy?
It is not recommended to be used by pregnant women as this medicine can cause heart or kidney-related problems in the newborn baby. Hence, it's important to consult the doctor before using this medicine during pregnancy or planning pregnancy.
Can I take Loprin 75mg Tablet while breastfeeding?
Loprin 75mg Tablet passes into breast milk. Hence it is not recommended to take this medicine if you are breastfeeding unless advised by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Loprin 75mg Tablet ?
Yes, you can drive after consuming this medicine. Loprin 75mg Tablet does not affect the ability to drive or operate heavy machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Loprin 75mg Tablet ?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with Loprin 75mg Tablet as it can cause bleeding in the stomach and intestine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are undergoing surgery or had surgery recently.
- You are suffering from asthma. Then, this medicine can worsen your asthma.
- You have kidney or liver diseases.
- You have high blood pressure.
- You have ulcers in your stomach or small intestine.
- You have any unusual bleeding.
- You are suffering from gout.
- You experience heavy menstrual bleeding, do not take Loprin 75mg Tablet as it can increase the bleeding.
Mode of Action of Loprin 75mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Platelets are blood cells that help in the clotting of blood.
- When clot formation occurs in the artery, blood flow stops that can be dangerous in cases of a heart attack.
- Aspirin in low doses stops these platelets from forming a clot so that blood can flow without any obstruction in the arteries.
Directions for Use of Loprin 75mg Tablet
- Do not crush or chew the Loprin 75mg Tablet.
- Swallow the tablets as a whole with a glass of water.
Interactions of Loprin 75mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Medicines used for thinning of the blood like Warfarin with Loprin 75mg Tablet can increase the risk of bleeding.
- Medicines used to prevent organ rejection after transplantation like Ciclosporin, Tacrolimus when used with this medicine, can result in kidney damage.
- The effect of medicines used to treat high blood pressure may reduce when used together with Loprin 75mg Tablet.
- The effect of the medicines like Digoxin used to regulate heartbeat and medicines used to treat mental health conditions like Lithium increases when used together with this medicine.
- Medicines used to treat psychiatric disorders like Sertraline or Paroxetine, other pain killers like Ibuprofen and steroids when used with Loprin 75mg Tablet can cause bleeding in the stomach and intestine.read less
- The effect of medicines like Probenecid used to treat gout is reduced when used with Loprin 75mg Tablet.
- The effect of medicines like Methotrexate to treat cancer or rheumatoid arthritis increased when used with this medicine and can lead to toxicity.
- The anti-diabetic effect of Medicines like glibenclamide can increase when used together with Loprin 75mg Tablet.
- Antacids may interfere with the effect of Loprin 75mg Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Loprin 75mg Tablet
Do not store Loprin 75mg Tablet above 25°C. Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Loprin 75mg Tablet
Symptoms of overdose include ringing in the ears, dizziness, headache, nausea, vomiting and stomach ache, sweating, fever, increased pulse or breathing rate, fits, low blood sugar. If you think you have taken too much of Loprin 75mg Tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Loprin 75mg Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with my doctor before taking Loprin 75mg Tablet?
A: If you are a known patient of bleeding disorders such as hemophilia or are taking blood thinners, you must tell your doctor about it. Also, if you have had a history of ulcers, stomach swelling (inflammation), kidney disease, gout, asthma or breathing difficulty induced by a painkiller, you must tell your doctor about it.
Q: What are the precautions I need to follow while taking Loprin 75mg Tablet?
A: Before you undergo any surgeries or during medical emergencies, tell your doctor that you are on treatment with Loprin 75mg Tablet as excess Aspirin can cause bleeding disorders.
Q: Can I take Loprin 75mg Tablet for pain?
A: No, Loprin 75mg Tablet is not a pain killer. It is only for the prevention of heart disease or stroke. At high doses, Aspirin works as a pain killer.
Q: What is Loprin 75mg Tablet?
A: Loprin 75mg Tablet is an antiplatelet medicine that contains acetylsalicylic acid (also known as aspirin). It is used to prevent blood clot formation within the body. This tablet is also used to prevent heart attacks, stroke and heart-related chest pain (angina).
Q: Does Loprin 75mg Tablet cause acidity?
A: You may sometimes experience acidity or heartburn while taking Loprin 75mg Tablet.
Q: Is Loprin 75mg Tablet a blood thinner?
A: Yes, Loprin 75mg Tablet is a blood thinner medicine.
Q: Are Aspirin and Loprin 75mg Tablet the same?
A: Yes, both these medicines are the same. Aspirin is also called acetylsalicylic acid.
Q: Is Loprin 75mg Tablet safe during pregnancy?
A: Loprin 75mg Tablet is not recommended for use during pregnancy as it may be unsafe. However, in rare life-threatening conditions, your doctor may prescribe you this medicine.
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 01:10 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved