Lomela Cream 18gm
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
18g Cream in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Lomela Cream is a combination medicine used in the treatment and prevention of moderate-to-severe melasma (dark and discoloured patches on the skin) to lighten the skin tone or appearance and senile lentigines (dark spots or age spots in older people due to exposure to the sun). It contains a combination of three medicines - mometasone, tretinoin and hydroquinone. Do not use it for a prolonged duration unless prescribed by your dermatologist, as it contains a steroid. Avoid sun exposure immediately after applying for this medicine. Use this medicine exactly as instructed by the doctor....
|You Save||₹39.24 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Hydroquinone(2.0 %),Mometasone(0.1 %),Tretinoin(0.025 %)|
|Side effects||Itching, redness, burning, irritation, thinning of the skin|
|Classification||DRUGS FOR MELASMA|
Check more medicines with composition as Hydroquinone(2.0 %) + Mometasone(0.1 %) + Tretinoin(0.025 %)
Uses of Lomela Cream 18gm
Lomela Cream is used to treat moderate-to-severe melasma (dark and discoloured patches on the skin). It is used to lighten the skin tone or appearance, especially when there is a dark pigmentation.
Contraindications of Lomela Cream 18gm
- If you are allergic to mometasone, tretinoin and hydroquinone or any other ingredients of Lomela Cream.
- If you have skin conditions such as eczema (infected skin due to allergy), rosacea (small red pustules on face), rashes around the mouth (perioral dermatitis) or damaged skin anywhere in the body.
- If you have a viral or fungal infection of the skin, any ulcers on the skin or tuberculosis.
- If you need exposure to the sun for prolonged periods (using sunscreen lotion is advisable).
- If you have a skin tumor or a family history of skin tumor.
Side effects of Lomela Cream 18gm
- Itching, redness, burning, irritation, thinning of the skin
- Skin sensitivity at the site of application
Precautions and Warnings of Lomela Cream 18gm
Can I apply Lomela Cream during pregnancy?
This medicine should not be used in pregnant women, as it has the potential to cause birth defects in the unborn baby. Please consult your doctor before using any medicine.
Can I apply Lomela Cream while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if the components of this medicine pass in breast milk, and there are no establishments of its safety in breastfeeding women. Thus, it is not recommended to use if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have applied Lomela Cream?
It is a topical preparation and may not affect your driving ability or ability to handle machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Lomela Cream?
It is unknown if components of this medicine interact with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of allergic reactions after the application of topical creams.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You think rashes or infections have developed on the skin after using this medicine.
- A prolonged application may lead to side effects such as Cushing's syndrome (weight gain, fatty deposits under the skin, moon face, purple patches on the skin.), increased sugar levels in the blood and urine....
- Avoid exposure to sun rays as it may be harmful after applying this cream.
Mode of Action of Lomela Cream 18gm
How Does It Work?
- Lomela Cream contains a combination of Mometasone, Tretinoin and Hydroquinone as active ingredients and works by the combined action of these three components.
- Hydroquinone inhibits an enzyme known as tyrosinase, which is responsible for the production of a pigment called melanin. Melanin is responsible for skin pigmentation and melasma.
- Tretinoin is a metabolite of Vitamin A and is keratolytic. It is responsible for the elimination of melanin that has been formed. It also has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Mometasone is a corticosteroid, and it works by blocking the production of inflammatory chemicals like prostaglandins and leukotrienes. Mometasone narrows and constricts blood vessels, which are dilated (widened) and leaky and allowing other inflammatory cells into the skin to promote the inflammatory response....
Directions for Use of Lomela Cream 18gm
- Use Lomela Cream as directed by your doctor.
- Apply it on a healthy skin surface. Avoid applying on cuts and wounds.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- If your eyes come in contact with this cream, then rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Lomela Cream 18gm
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of this medicine with other medicines. However, as it contains a combination of Mometasone, Tretinoin and Hydroquinone, any interactions may be seen with these three components, when taken alone may occur with this combination....
- Since this medicine is to be used externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions....
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid interaction with Lomela Cream.
Storage and disposal of Lomela Cream 18gm
- Store Lomela Cream in the original container in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- Do not freeze.
Dosage of Lomela Cream 18gm
As Lomela Cream is for external application only, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have overapplied it, then wipe out the excess medicine with tissue or cotton. Excessive use for a prolonged duration is not advisable as it can lead to hormonal issues....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed the application of Lomela Cream, then apply it as soon as possible. Do not overapply this cream to compensate for the missed application.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How should I use Lomela Cream?
- Apply it gently as a thin film and rub or massage it thoroughly after applying until the cream absorbs into the skin.
- Exposure to the sun should be avoided, and use a broad-spectrum sunscreen to prevent the sun's radiation from reaching your skin.
- Do not use this cream more than as advised by the doctor. This cream should not be used for a prolonged duration to avoid side effects such as skin thinning, irritation.
Q: What are the precautions to be taken while applying Lomela Cream?
- Do not apply anywhere near the eyes, nose, mouth or any infected or exposed surfaces.
- Do not occlude (applying a polythene film) after applying this cream or use it under bandages.
- Limit sun exposure and use a broad-spectrum sunscreen while going out in the sun to avoid damage to the skin by radiations.
- You should cover the areas of skin where this medicine is applied when outdoors.
Q: What is melasma?
A: Melasma is a skin condition characterised by dark spots or pigmentation (excessive production of melanin) on the skin. It appears as greyish brown to brown patches on the face. It usually occurs on the face, involving cheeks, forehead, lower eyelids, uppers lip and nose.
Q: What are the causes of melasma?
A: The exact cause of melasma is not known. Pregnancy, birth control pills, hormonal changes, exposure to sunlight (UV rays), hypothyroidism, or a family history of melasma are believed to be some common triggers for melasma.
Q: Can I use this medicine for acne and pimples?
A: No, it does not have any action against acne and pimples and thus should not be used for treating such skin disorders.
Q: How does Lomela Cream work?
A: Lomela Cream works by reducing the formation of a pigment called melanin responsible for dark spots. It also helps in improving the spots on the skin and reduces swelling, redness and itching.
Q: Is this medicine good for the face?
A: Yes, it is good for the skin of the face, which is the usual area affected by melasma.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 10 May 2022]
- Drugs H. Tretinoin Topical: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 10 May 2022]
- Mometasone-based triple combination therapy in melasma: is it really safe. [Internet]. [cited 10 May 2022]
- Drugs H. Mometasone Topical: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 10 May 2022]
- Hydroquinone Topical: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 10 May 2022]
Country of Origin
Other Products from this Brand