Lizoran 600mg Strip Of 4 Tablets
Lizoran 600 MG Description
Lizoran Tablet is an antibiotic medicine containing linezolid as an active ingredient. It is used in the treatment of severe bacterial infections. It is used to treat infections of the lungs (pneumon
ia), skin and soft tissues. Pneumonia is an infection of the lungs that causes inflammation in alveoli (air sacs in your lungs). The alveoli are filled with fluid or pus, making it difficult to breathe. It acts by stopping bacterial growth and preventing the synthesis of essential proteins required by bacteria to carry out vital functions. You should avoid drinking alcohol, draught beers and wine, eating large amounts of mature cheese yeast extracts or soya bean extracts during this treatment since this medicine may react with a substance called tyramine which is naturally present in some foods. This interaction may cause an increase in your blood pressure. This medicine is not recommended for use in children and adolescents under 18 years. Before taking this medicine tell your doctor if you have ever had kidney disease, heart disease, liver problems. Pregnant and breastfeeding women should consult their doctor before taking this medicine.
|You Save||₹51.49 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Linezolide / Linezolid(600.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Headache, diarrhoea, nausea, vomitng|
- Lizoforce 600mg TabletBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd4 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 142.50₹ 121.1258.49% CHEAPER₹ 30.28/Tablet
- Megazolid 600mg TabletBy Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 334.86₹ 284.6360.98% CHEAPER₹ 28.46/Tablet
- Linokem 600mg TabletBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 255.21₹ 216.9370.26% CHEAPER₹ 21.69/Tablet
- Linospan 600mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Cipla Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 356.27₹ 302.8358.49% CHEAPER₹ 30.28/Tablet
- Maxolid 600mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 356.27₹ 356.2751.15% CHEAPER₹ 35.63/Tablet
- Lizolid 600mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Integrace Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 356.00₹ 302.6058.51% CHEAPER₹ 30.26/Tablet
- Oratil Lz 600mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 356.27₹ 302.8358.49% CHEAPER₹ 30.28/Tablet
- Lizomac 600mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 356.27₹ 302.8358.49% CHEAPER₹ 30.28/Tablet
- Linid 600mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Zydus Healthcare Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 356.27₹ 302.8358.49% CHEAPER₹ 30.28/Tablet
- Lnz 600mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Lupin10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 356.27₹ 302.8358.49% CHEAPER₹ 30.28/Tablet
Uses of Lizoran 600 MG
Contraindications of Lizoran 600 MG
- If you are allergic to linezolid or any of the ingredients in Lizoran Tablet.
- If you are taking or recently had taken medicines for brain-related diseases like phenelzine, selegiline or moclobemide in the last 2 weeks.
- If you are a pregnant or breastfeeding mother.
Side effects of Lizoran 600 MG
- Decreased blood cells (red cells, white cells and platelets)
Precautions and Warnings of Lizoran 600 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have underlying medical conditions condition like high blood pressure, thyroid problems, psychiatric disorders such as confusion, liver or kidneys problems, etc.
- You are anaemic or if you bruise or bleed easily.
- You have a history of fits.
- You experience eye-related problems like blurred vision or a change in colour vision.
- You develop diarrhoea after taking this medicine, then the medicine must be stopped if the problem persists.
Mode of Action of Lizoran 600 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Lizoran 600 MG
- Lizoran Tablet should be taken orally with a sufficient amount of water.
- Do not chew or crush the tablet.
- Never stop the medicine on your own.
- Complete the entire course of the medicine, do not stop the medicine halfway, if you feel better.
Interactions of Lizoran 600 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes Lizoran Tablet may affect the way other medicines work and other medicines may affect how this medicine works if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines for psychiatric disorders such as phenelzine, selegiline, medicines used for migraines like sumatriptan, anti-depressants, anti-tuberculosis medicines like rifampicin, anti-coagulant like warfarin, medicines used to treat low blood pressure like dopamine, etc....
Interactions with food items
- Avoid Lizoran Tablet with tyramine-rich food such as cheese, smoked fish, meats and some types of beer.
Storage and disposal of Lizoran 600 MG
- Store this medicine below 20-25°C and keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Do not keep outdated medicine. Discard this medicine appropriately.
Dosage of Lizoran 600 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: When should I take Lizoran Tablet?
Q: What is the use of Lizoran Tablet?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 27 April 2022]
- Linezolid 600 mg tablets- Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 27 April 2022]
- Linezolid 600 mg tablets- Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 27 April 2022]