Lipikind 40mg Tablet
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
The composition of Lipikind 40mg Tab contains atorvastatin which comes under a group of statins used to treat hypercholesterolaemia (high levels of cholesterol)
Uses of Lipikind 40mg Tab
- High lipid levels, especially low-density lipid
- High levels of cholesterol
- High levels of triglycerides
- Prevention of stroke
- Prevention of heart attacks
Contraindications of Lipikind 40mg Tab
- Allergy to atorvastatin
- Liver diseases - hepatitis
- Abnormal liver function tests
- When on medications like glecaprevir/pibrentasvir used in the treatment of hepatitis
Side effects of Lipikind 40mg Tab
- Common side effects of Lipikind 40mg Tab are headache, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, throat pain, nose bleed, changes in liver function tests and other blood tests like creatinine
- Certain rare and severe side effects are conditions like rhabdomyolysis, in which, there is the breaking of the muscle fibres with soreness and fever. Also, vertigo, loss of appetite, nightmares, inability to sleep, dizziness, tingling, numbness can occur. Report to the doctor if you see dark coloured urineread less
- Some very severe side effects are peeling of the skin, blistering of skin, eyes, and mouth; skin rashes on the palms and soles
Precautions and Warnings of Lipikind 40mg Tab
Can I take Lipikind 40mg Tab during pregnancy?
It is not recommended to take this medicine during pregnancy or even when planning to conceive as it can be harmful to the foetus.
Can I take the tablet while breastfeeding?
It has been found that some amount of the medicine can pass through human milk while breastfeeding. It can be harmful to the baby, and hence one must not consume the medicine while nursing.
Can I drive if I have consumed the tablet?
Driving is not restricted as atorvastatin does not affect your driving ability.
Can I consume alcohol with Lipikind 40mg Tab?
Alcohol intake can damage the liver and this medicine also works through the liver, so one must stop the consumption of alcohol to prevent liver complications.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
Grapefruit should be used with restriction when using atorvastatin
Mode of Action of Lipikind 40mg Tab
How Does It Work?
Atorvastatin inhibits the enzyme HMG-CoA reductase, which makes the cholesterol. Thus, this medicine will help in reducing bad cholesterol, known as low-density lipid. It increases the good cholesterol, known as a high-density lipid.
Directions for Use of Lipikind 40mg Tab
Maintain the same time everyday to consume this medicine. The medicine can be taken with or without food. It is necessary not to miss the dose or overdose oneself. Consume the medicine orally, as a whole, without crushing it.
Interactions of Lipikind 40mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Cholesterol-lowering medicines like gemfibrozil, colestipol, ezetimibe can cause an increased risk of muscle breakdown
- Fusidic acid with atorvastatin should not be taken as it can lead to rhabdomyolysis
- Itraconazole, ketoconazole, voriconazole, erythromycin, clarithromycin, ritonavir, lopinavir can increase the concentration of atorvastatin in the blood
- Glecaprevir, pibrentasvir - medicines used for the treatment of hepatitis should not be used with this medicine
Interactions with food items
This medicine interacts with grapefruit and so should be avoided.
Other general Interactions
This medicine if taken during pregnancy or even when planning to conceive can be harmful Breastfeeding and consuming the medicine can cause harmful effects to the baby Excessive alcohol consumption can cause liver damage, so it should not be consumed Driving is not affected by this medicine
Storage and disposal of Lipikind 40mg Tab
Keep the medicine at room temperature, between 20 to 25 degrees Centigrade away from direct sunlight. Keep it safely away from children and pets.
Dosage of Lipikind 40mg Tab
Rarely overdose symptoms such as headache, nausea and stomach disturbances are noticed. One must visit the doctor immediately in case of overdose symptoms.
Missed a Dose
Take the missed dose immediately as you remember, but be sure that the gap between two doses is more than 12 hours. Skip the missed dose if it is time for the next dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How is Lipikind 40mg Tab consumed?
A: Take Lipikind 40mg Tab orally with water. It can be taken with or without food. Maintain the same time each day to consume the medicine.
Q: What should I discuss with the healthcare provider before taking the tablet?
A: The healthcare provider should know if you are planning to conceive or are pregnant. Inform the doctor if you are breastfeeding. Also, if you are having any liver or kidney ailment inform the doctor immediately. If you are consuming certain medications, especially fusidic acid, inform the healthcare provider.
Q: What if I stop taking the medicine?
A: One must not stop taking Lipikind 40mg Tab dosage without consulting the doctor. It controls cholesterol levels in the body and prevents strokes and heart attacks, so if you stop, the risk of these diseases increases.
Q: I am feeling very tired. Is it because of the medicine?
A: In recent studies, it is known that the medicine causes general lethargy and muscle weakness after exertion.
Q: Can the medicine cause sleeplessness?
A: The medicine causes muscle weakness and increased restlessness that can lead to sleeplessness.
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 10:43 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved