Levexi Am Suspension 100ml
Levexi Am Suspension 100ml Description
Levexi Am Suspension is a combination of Ambroxol and Levocetirizine. It is a primarily used to treat wet cough when there is mucous in the throat. It should not be used in newborn babies and child
ren less than 2 years. It should not be taken if you have kidney diseases. You may experience sleepiness, headache, tiredness, a dry mouth and skin rashes. In case you experience any side effects or discomfort after using this , then consult your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Uses of Levexi Am Suspension 100ml
Contraindications of Levexi Am Suspension 100ml
- If you are allergic to the ambroxol and hydroxyzine class of medicine like cetirizine, levocetirizine and any other components of this .
- Patients with kidney diseases and on hemodialysis should not take this .
Side effects of Levexi Am Suspension 100ml
- Dry mouth
- Stomach pain
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Levexi Am Suspension 100ml
Other General Warnings
- You feel restlessness, vomiting, irritation or pain in the abdomen after taking this .
- You consume alcohol too often or you have any dental issues.
- You have kidney diseases and are on hemodialysis.
- You are on any other medications or taking any herbal supplements or preparations.
Mode of Action of Levexi Am Suspension 100ml
How Does It Work?
- Levexi Am Suspension contains Ambroxol and Levocetirizine. Ambroxol is a mucolytic medicine that clears the chest by thinning and loosening the mucus (phlegm) in the airway tracts.
- Levocetirizine is an antiallergic class that works by reducing allergic symptoms like rashes, sneezing, watery eyes and a runny or blocked nose.
Directions for Use of Levexi Am Suspension 100ml
- Take this medicine as instructed by your doctor.
- Shake it well before use.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon or dropper for the exact quantity.
- Do not consume it directly from the bottle.
Interactions of Levexi Am Suspension 100ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Levexi Am Suspension works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Levexi Am Suspension 100ml
- Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
- Store it below 30°C. Protect it from light and moisture.
Dosage of Levexi Am Suspension 100ml
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Any precautions I need to take while taking Levexi Am Suspension ?
Q: Can I take Levexi Am Suspension for dry cough?
Q: Can Levexi Am Suspension be given to babies?
- CDSCO [Internet]. cdsco.gov. 2022 [cited 21 June 2022]
- LEVORID Tablets / Syrup [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2022 [cited 21 June 2022]
- AXALIN Expectorant [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2022 [cited 21 June 2022]
- Amcosol Syrup [Internet]. Npra.gov.my. 2022 [cited 21 June 2022]
- Gee l. Levocetirizine Syrup [Internet]. Npra.gov.my. 2022 [cited 21 June 2022]