Levcet M Tablet
By ZEN LABS INDIA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Levcet M tablet is an anti-allergic medicine containing a combination of two medicines - Montelukast and Levocetirizine. It is used for the management of symptoms of allergic rhinitis such as runny & stuffed nose, blockage in airways, sneezing, itching, watery eyes and other allergic symptoms. It works by blocking the production of chemicals responsible for producing symptoms of allergy. It is advised to take Levcet M tablet preferably at bedtime as it may cause dizziness. Take this tablet as prescribed by your doctor for the exact duration.
Uses of Levcet M Tablet
Levcet M tablet is used for the treatment of allergic rhinitis
Contraindications of Levcet M Tablet
- If you are allergic to Levocetirizine, Cetirizine or Montelukast or any other ingredients of Levcet M tablet.
- If you are unable to digest lactose and glucose (galactose intolerance).
- If you have kidney problems or undergoing dialysis.
Side effects of Levcet M Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Dry mouth
- Blocked or runny nose
Precautions and Warnings of Levcet M Tablet
Can I take Levcet M tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the safety of Levcet M tablet during pregnancy. Your doctor will prescribe you this medicine only if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take Levcet M tablet while breastfeeding?
It is not safe to use Levcet M tablet while breastfeeding as its components pass into breast milk and can harm the baby. It can cause drowsiness in the breastfed baby
Can I drive if I have consumed Levcet M tablet?
Levcet M tablet may cause dizziness or drowsiness, thus you need to be cautious while driving or operating any machinery after taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Levcet M tablet?
It is advised to avoid alcohol consumption during the treatment as it might alter your alertness. You should also not drink alcohol if you are taking any medicines for sleeplessness as the side effects may worsen.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from mental health illness.
- You experience a rash or breathing difficulty.
- You are not able to empty the bladder completely.
- You are suffering from a genetic disorder called phenylketonuria.
- You are already taking painkillers like aspirin as it can increase the risk of asthma.
- You are taking medicines for allergies (corticosteroids) like Prednisone and Prednisolone.
- Levcet M tablet is not meant for relief from acute asthma, use your inhaler for asthma relief in an acute attack.
- Levcet M tablet can cause anxiety, aggression, lack of sleep and suicidal thoughts. In case you experience any of these, immediately inform your doctor.
Mode of Action of Levcet M Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Levcet M tablet works by the combined effect of Montelukast and Levocetirizine.
- Montelukast blocks certain natural substances called leukotrienes which may cause allergies. It reduces swelling, relaxes airways and helps to make breathing easier.
- Levocetirizine blocks histamine, a natural substance, which is produced by the body during allergic reactions.
Directions for Use of Levcet M Tablet
Levcet M tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Levcet M Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Levcet M tablet contains Levocetirizine and Montelukast. Any interaction which is seen with any of these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination too.
- Medicines used to treat fits or epilepsy like Phenytoin.
- Medicines used to treat anxiety or sleeplessness (CNS depressants) like Phenobarbital.
- Medicines used to treat tuberculosis like Rifampicin.
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction.
Interactions with food items
Levcet M tablet can be taken with or without food.
Storage and disposal of Levcet M Tablet
- Store Levcet M tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Levcet M Tablet
Symptoms of overdose include drowsiness, aggression, restlessness, thirst and headache. In case of an overdose, seek urgent medical help.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Levcet M tablet worsen it if I am suffering from depression?
A: Levcet M tablet is known to cause side effects like anxiety, depression, irritability and suicidal behaviour. It would be best if you are cautious as there can be an increased frequency of suicidal thoughts. In case it occurs, immediately inform your family and doctor.
Q: Can I take Levcet M tablet during an asthma attack?
A: No, it will not help in an acute attack of asthma. It is advised to take appropriate rescue medicine like inhalers given by your doctor during an asthma attack. Keep taking Levcet M tablet as well and do not stop it abruptly.
Q: Can Levcet M tablet be taken in pregnancy?
A: Yes, it can be used if prescribed by a doctor. Due to inadequate information on its safety in pregnancy, you should avoid self-medicating this medicine.
Q: Can I stop taking Levcet M tablet if symptoms of allergy go away?
A: No, you should take this medicine for the duration prescribed by your doctor, stopping this medicine in between the treatment may revert the allergic symptoms.
- ciplamed. Montair lc. [Accessed on 04.Dec.2020] (online)
- centaurpharma. MTnL Tablet. PIL. [Accessed on 04.Dec.2020] (online)
- EMA. Montelukast. [Accessed on 04.Dec.2020] (online)
- EMA. Levoctrizine. [Accessed on 04.Dec.2020] (online)
- Lactmed. Levocetrizine. [Accessed on 04.Dec.2020] (online)
- CDSCO. Levocetrizine/Montelukast. [Accessed on 04.Dec.2020] (online)
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 08 Feb 2021 | 07:28 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved