Levcet M Tablet
Levcet M Tablet Description
Levcet M tablet is used for the management of symptoms of allergic rhinitis such as runny & stuffed nose, blockage in airways, sneezing, itching, watery eyes and other allergic symptoms. Levcet M tab
let is an anti-allergic medicine containing a combination of two medicines - Montelukast and Levocetirizine.It works by blocking the production of chemicals responsible for producing symptoms of allergy. It is advised to take Levcet M tablet preferably at bedtime as it may cause dizziness. Take this tablet as prescribed by your doctor for the prescribed duration.
- Lm True Plus Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 136.00₹ 104.73₹ 10.47/Tablet
- Montas L TabletBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 178.00₹ 151.31₹ 15.13/Tablet
- Spiromont L Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Koye Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 156.00₹ 156.00₹ 15.6/Tablet
- Monzem Lc Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Saffron Therapeutics Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 166.00₹ 166.00₹ 16.6/Tablet
- Limonte TabletBy Kaizen Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 140.00₹ 123.20₹ 12.32/Tablet
- Levozet M TabletBy Cadila Pharmaceuticals Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 80.00₹ 56.0015.41% CHEAPER₹ 5.6/Tablet
- Lisani M Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Cnx Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 129.00₹ 109.65₹ 10.97/Tablet
- Nukast 10mg TabletBy Zuventus Health Care Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 177.10₹ 150.53₹ 15.05/Tablet
- Laveta M TabletBy Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 202.15₹ 171.83₹ 17.18/Tablet
- Montair Lc Tablet 15'sBy Cipla Limited15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 336.44₹ 285.97₹ 19.06/Tablet
Uses of Levcet M Tablet
Contraindications of Levcet M Tablet
- If you are allergic to Levocetirizine, Cetirizine or Montelukast or any other ingredients of Levcet M tablet.
- If you are unable to digest lactose and glucose (galactose intolerance).
- If you have kidney problems or undergoing dialysis.
Side effects of Levcet M Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Dry mouth
- Blocked or runny nose
Precautions and Warnings of Levcet M Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You are suffering from mental health illness.
- You experience a rash or breathing difficulty.
- You are not able to empty the bladder completely.
- You are suffering from a genetic disorder called phenylketonuria.
- You are already taking painkillers like aspirin as it can increase the risk of asthma.
- You are taking medicines for allergies (corticosteroids) like Prednisone and Prednisolone.
- Levcet M tablet is not meant for relief from acute asthma, use your inhaler for asthma relief in an acute attack.
- Levcet M tablet can cause anxiety, aggression, lack of sleep and suicidal thoughts. In case you experience any of these, immediately inform your doctor.
Mode of Action of Levcet M Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Levcet M tablet works by the combined effect of Montelukast and Levocetirizine.
- Montelukast blocks certain natural substances called leukotrienes which may cause allergies. It reduces swelling, relaxes airways and helps to make breathing easier.
- Levocetirizine blocks histamine, a natural substance, which is produced by the body during allergic reactions.
Directions for Use of Levcet M Tablet
Interactions of Levcet M Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Levcet M tablet contains Levocetirizine and Montelukast. Any interaction which is seen with any of these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination too.
- Medicines used to treat fits or epilepsy like Phenytoin.
- Medicines used to treat anxiety or sleeplessness (CNS depressants) like Phenobarbital.
- Medicines used to treat tuberculosis like Rifampicin.
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Levcet M Tablet
- Store Levcet M tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Levcet M Tablet
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Levcet M tablet worsen it if I am suffering from depression?
Q: Can I take Levcet M tablet during an asthma attack?
Q: Can Levcet M tablet be taken in pregnancy?
Q: Can I stop taking Levcet M tablet if symptoms of allergy go away?
- Ciplamed. Montair LC. [ Accessed on 04.April.2021 ] (online)
- Centaurpharma. MTnL Tablet. PIL. [ Accessed on 04.April.2021 ] (online)
- EMA. SmPC. Montelukast. [ Accessed on 04.April.2021 ] (online)
- EMA. SmPC. Levoctrizine. [ Accessed on 04.April.2021 ] (online)
- Lactmed. Levocetrizine. [ Accessed on 04.April.2021 ] (online)
- CDSCO. Levocetrizine/Montelukast. [ Accessed on 04.April.2021 ] (online)