Levacetam 500mg Tablet
Levacetam 500 MG Description
Levacetam 500mg Tablet contains Levetiracetam as an active ingredient. It is an antiepileptic medicine used in the prevention and treatment of seizures known as fits. Take this medicine as per the pr
escribed dosage and duration. You should not take this medicine if you have any known allergy to any of the components of this medicine. Before starting with Levacetam 500mg Tablet, inform your doctor about all other medicines, you are consuming, including herbal and over-the-counter. Do not stop taking this medicine without informing your doctor. Also, if you feel any side effects or there is no improvement in your condition, then immediately inform your doctor.
|You Save||₹19.15 (15% on MRP)|
Uses of Levacetam 500 MG
Contraindications of Levacetam 500 MG
Side effects of Levacetam 500 MG
- Headache, fatigue, dizziness
- Nausea, vomiting,
- Stomach pain, diarrhoea, indigestion
- Respiratory infection, cold, cough
- Appetite lost, lack of energy
- Depression, aggression, irritation
- Nervousness, anxiety
- Rash, swelling, itching
- Shaking, fits, unable to balance
Precautions and Warnings of Levacetam 500 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have problems with your kidney
- You have any psychiatric illness
- You have abnormal or suicidal thoughts, aggression, irritation
- You have problems with growth or puberty
Mode of Action of Levacetam 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Levacetam 500 MG
- Take Levacetam 500mg Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, with or without food.
- You should take this medicine regularly and without fail, as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than the stated, recommended daily dose.
Interactions of Levacetam 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Levacetam 500mg Tablet may interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Please inform your doctor about all other medicines, over-the-counter medicines (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations you are taking....
- Be cautious when Levacetam 500mg Tablet taken along with Methotrexate, a medicine used in cancer treatment.
- You should not take laxative medicines such as Macrogol one hour before and one hour after taking Levacetam 500mg Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Levacetam 500 MG
- Store Levacetam 500mg Tablet at room temperature, protected from moisture and direct sunlight.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
- You should not use this medicine after the expiry date.
- Do not use this medicine if you notice that the pack is damaged or shows signs of tampering.
Dosage of Levacetam 500 MG
- Symptoms of overdose of Levacetam 500mg Tablet may include sleepiness, anxiety, nervousness, aggression, decreased alertness, difficulty breathing and coma. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
- You should never miss your dose of this medicine as it may lead to treatment failure.
- If you missed any dose of medicine, then take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop the medication on my own, if I feel better?
Q: Is Levacetam 500mg Tablet safe to use?
- Yes, Levacetam 500mg Tablet is safe to use when taken under medical supervision. However, in some patients, it may show allergic reactions. Do not use this medicine if you are allergic to any of the components of it, pregnant or breastfeeding. Also, avoid driving and handling any machinery if you feel any side effects such as sleepiness or dizziness....