Lacoxa 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Lacoxa 50 MG Description
Lacoxa Tablet is an anti-epileptic medication. It contains lacosamide as the active substance. Lacoxa Tablet is used in the treatment of seizures. It works by stabilizing the electrical activity of n
euron cells in the brain. Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own. Before starting Lacoxa Tablet, inform your doctor if you are pregnant/breastfeeding and about your complete medical history.
Uses of Lacoxa 50 MG
Contraindications of Lacoxa 50 MG
- If you are allergic to lacosamide or any ingredient of Lacoxa Tablet.
- If you have a certain type of heartbeat problem called second or third-degree AV block.
Side effects of Lacoxa 50 MG
- Vision blurred
Precautions and Warnings of Lacoxa 50 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have thoughts of harming or killing yourself after taking this medicine.
- You have a heart problem that affects the beat of your heart and you often have a particularly slow, fast or irregular heartbeat (such as AV block, atrial fibrillation and atrial flutter).
- You have severe heart disease such as heart failure or have had a heart attack.
- You are often dizzy or fall over.
Mode of Action of Lacoxa 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Lacoxa 50 MG
- Take Lacoxa Tablet as a whole with sufficient water.
- Always take this medicine exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- Do not consume more than the prescribed dose.
- Do not discontinue the medicine on your own without consulting your doctor.
Interactions of Lacoxa 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Lacoxa Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking any medicines that affect your heart like medicines to treat heart problems, medicines that can increase the PR interval on a scan of the heart (ECG or electrocardiogram) such as medicines for epilepsy or pain called carbamazepine, lamotrigine or pregabalin and medicines used to treat certain types of irregular heartbeat or heart failure....
- Particular care should be taken if you are taking medicines for fungal infections called fluconazole, itraconazole or ketoconazole, a medicine for HIV called ritonavir, medicines used to treat bacterial infections called clarithromycin or rifampicin or a herbal medicine used to treat mild anxiety and depression called St. John’s wort....
Storage and disposal of Lacoxa 50 MG
- Store Lacoxa Tablet in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Lacoxa 50 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Lacoxa Tablet used for?
Q: Is Lacoxa Tablet and lacosamide the same?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 02 June 2022]
- Vimpat 50 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 02 June 2022]
- Vimpat 50 mg film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 02 June 2022]