La Quin Syrup 60ml
La Quin 160 MG Description
La Quin Syrup is primarily used to prevent and treat malaria. It contains chloroquine, as its active ingredient that belongs to an antimalarial class of medicines. This medicine works by acting direc
tly on malaria-causing organisms and thus inhibiting their growth. La Quin Syrup should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the exact dose and duration as prescribed. Do not stop taking this medicine, even if you start feeling better after taking this medicine. Before taking this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of La Quin 160 MG
Contraindications of La Quin 160 MG
- If you are allergic to chloroquine or any of the ingredients of La Quin Syrup.
- If you are taking medicine to control heart rate such as amiodarone. Because simultaneous use may cause irregular heart rate.
Side effects of La Quin 160 MG
- Tingling or pricking sensation
- Hair loss
- Darkening of nails
- Unable to sleep
Precautions and Warnings of La Quin 160 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have a liver or kidney disorder.
- You have any kind of blood disorder.
- You are suffering from fits or any kind of nerve disorder.
- You are suffering from a skin condition called psoriasis.
- You have any kind of digestive system disease.
- You have an inherited condition of glucose-6 phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency such as favism (a hereditary disorder involving an allergic-like reaction to ceratin food)
Mode of Action of La Quin 160 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of La Quin 160 MG
- Take this syrup as prescribed by your doctor.
- Follow your doctor's dosing instructions very carefully.
- Use a measuring spoon or cup for exact quantities.
- Do not consume this syrup directly from the bottle.
- It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results and you should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of La Quin 160 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- La Quin Syrup may interact with other medications and provide an altered response to the treatment. Please notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, over-the-counter medications, and herbal preparations....
- Especially if you are taking any other anti-malarial medications, anti-parasitic medicines like praziquantel, immunosuppressants like ciclosporin, anti-epileptic medicines, heart-related medicines like digoxin etc....
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are antibiotics like moxifloxacin, ciprofloxacin, Antacids, and adsorbents used to treat heartburn like cimetidine, kaolin etc.
- Avoid taking rabies vaccination or oral typhoid vaccine during the treatment with La Quin. It may impair the activity of these vaccines. So, it is advised to take these vaccines at least 3 days prior before starting the treatment with this medicine....
Storage and disposal of La Quin 160 MG
- Store it below 25°C.
- Protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of La Quin 160 MG
Missed a Dose
- It would be best if you don't miss a dose of anti-malarial medicine as it may lead to treatment failure.
- If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's already the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Never take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.