Kofarest Pd Bottle Of 60ml Syrup
Kofarest Pd Bottle Of 60ml Syrup Description
Kofarest-PD syrup is used to treat cough caused due to narrowing of the airways (bronchi) in conditions like bronchitis, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), bronchiectasis and emphy
sema. Bronchitis occurs when the tubes that carry air to and from your lungs get inflamed, causing difficulty breathing and coughing with mucus. Asthma is a lung disorder that causes narrowing of the tubes that carry air into the lungs, causing shortness of breath, wheezing and cough. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease is an inflammatory lung disease that causes obstructed airflow and symptoms like wheezing, breathing difficulty, cough and mucus production. Bronchiectasis is a long-term condition where the airways of the lungs become widened, leading to a build-up of excess mucus making the lungs more vulnerable to infection. Emphysema is a lung condition that destroys the air sacs of the lungs. Kofarest-PD syrup contains a combination of terbutaline, ambroxol and guaifenesin as active substances. This syrup helps to thin the mucus in the nose, windpipe and lungs, making it easier to cough out. Give Kofarest-PD syrup to your child in the exact dose and quantity as advised by your doctor. Do not stop giving this medicine on your own. Even if your child feels better after taking the medicine for a few days, complete the entire duration of medication as recommended by the doctor to prevent treatment failure. Shake the bottle well before use.
|You Save||₹12.76 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Ambroxol(15.0 Mg/5ml) + Guaiphenesin / Guaifenesin(50.0 Mg/5ml) + Terbutaline(1.25 Mg/5ml)|
|Side effects||Headache, shivering, dizziness, nausea, vomiting|
|Therapy||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
- Amrox Junior Syrup 60mlBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd60ml Syrup in BottleMRP 65.00₹ 52.00₹ 0.87/Millilitre
- Deletus Bx Mango Flavour Sugar Free Bottle Of 100ml SyrupBy Abbott Healthcare Pvt Ltd100ml Syrup in BottleMRP 122.58₹ 104.19₹ 1.04/Millilitre
Uses of Kofarest Pd Bottle Of 60ml Syrup
Contraindications of Kofarest Pd Bottle Of 60ml Syrup
- If your child is allergic to ambroxol, terbutaline, guaifenesin or any other ingredient of Kofarest-PD syrup.
Side effects of Kofarest Pd Bottle Of 60ml Syrup
Precautions and Warnings of Kofarest Pd Bottle Of 60ml Syrup
Other General Warnings
- Your child has high blood pressure or any heart disorder.
- Your child experiences fits/seizures.
- Your child has thyroid disorders or diabetes that is not properly controlled.
- Your child is allergic to medicines called sympathomimetic amines like adrenaline, phenylephrine.
- Your child has a history of ulcers of the stomach/intestine.
Mode of Action of Kofarest Pd Bottle Of 60ml Syrup
How Does It Work?
- Kofarest-PD syrup works by the combined action of its three active components - terbutaline, ambroxol and guaifenesin as active substances.
- Terbutaline has bronchodilator properties. It relaxes the muscles of the airways which improves airflow to the lungs making breathing easier.
- Ambroxol is a mucolytic agent which liquefies and loosens the mucus, thus helping to clear it from your airway in the form of cough.
- Guaifenesin helps to relieve chesty cough by loosening the mucus from the lungs and making it easier to cough up.
Directions for Use of Kofarest Pd Bottle Of 60ml Syrup
- Kofarest-PD syrup should be used in the exact dose as prescribed by the doctor
- Shake well before use.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon or dropper for the exact quantity.
- Do not consume it directly from the bottle.
- Do not give more than the prescribed dose.
Interactions of Kofarest Pd Bottle Of 60ml Syrup
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Kofarest-PD syrup works or Kofarest-PD syrup itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all medicines, supplements or herbals your child is currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- The use of Kofarest-PD syrup along with medicines used to treat heart failure (digoxin) may increase the risk of abnormal/irregular heart rhythm due to low levels of potassium in the body.
- Kofarest-PD syrup should not be used together with another bronchodilator called salbutamol as it may increase the risk of heart problems.
- Particular care should be taken if you are taking medicines called MAO inhibitors (selegiline) for treating Parkinson's disease and tricyclic antidepressants (amitriptyline) for treating depression.
Storage and disposal of Kofarest Pd Bottle Of 60ml Syrup
- Store in a cool and dry place below 25°C away from direct sunlight.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Kofarest Pd Bottle Of 60ml Syrup
Missed a Dose
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)