Km Dobutamine Inj 5ml
By FERRING PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
Price to be Updated
Non ReturnableRead More
KM Dobutamine Injection contains Dobutamine as an active ingredient. It works by acting on the heart muscles and improving the blood flow, which makes the heart work optimally. KM Dobutamine Injection is used for heart failure treatment. You should not use this medicine if you are allergic to any components of it. Inform your doctor about all other medicines you are consuming before taking this injection.
Uses of Km Dobutamine Inj 5ml
- KM Dobutamine Injection is used for the treatment of heart failure if the heart is not beating strongly enough.
Contraindications of Km Dobutamine Inj 5ml
- If you are allergic or have a history of allergy to this medicine or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you have a less volume of circulating blood in the body
- If you are suffering from any heart or blood vessels disease
Side effects of Km Dobutamine Inj 5ml
- Headache, nausea, fever
- Faster heartbeat, irregular heartbeat, chest pain, palpitations, narrowing of blood vessels
- Increase in blood pressure
- Shortness of breath, urge to urinate frequently
- Skin rashes along with fever
- Urge to urinate
- Pain and swelling at the site of injection
- Blood disorder like an increase in white blood cells, inhibition of blood clot formation
Precautions and Warnings of Km Dobutamine Inj 5ml
Can I take KM Dobutamine Injection during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the use of this medicine in pregnancy. This medicine can be taken by pregnant women only if the potential benefit outweighs the risk to a foetus.
Can I take KM Dobutamine Injection while breastfeeding?
As there is no information is available on the use of KM Dobutamine Injection during breastfeeding, so it is advised not to breastfeed during the treatment. Your doctor may advise you to either discontinue the medicine or to discontinue the breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have taken KM Dobutamine Injection?
This medicine does not affect your ability to drive or to use machinery; however, if you experience side effects like dizziness, you should avoid driving or using machines.
Can I consume alcohol with KM Dobutamine Injection?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol along with this medicine, so it is important to consult your physician if you have a habit of regular drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You may develop a risk of high blood pressure and irregular heartbeat; the doctor may discontinue the medicine temporarily.
- You have asthma, or you have a history of allergies to sulphites.
- You are suffering from acute heart failure or altered level of potassium in the blood.
- There are chances of medicine intolerance if used more than 3 days continuously.
- You may experience a fall in blood pressure, breathing difficulty, dizziness or impaired balance.
- Increase in heart rate and blood pressure can be seen more frequently in children. Children need to be monitored closely.
- Much caution is required when this medicine is used for stress echocardiography (a procedure that determines how well your heart and blood vessels are working).
- You may rarely have allergic reactions and symptoms of asthma.
Mode of Action of Km Dobutamine Inj 5ml
How Does It Work?
This medicine acts by stimulating the heart muscles and improves the blood flow so that heart can easily pump the blood throughout the body.
Directions for Use of Km Dobutamine Inj 5ml
- KM Dobutamine Injection will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection
- Do not self inject this injection
Interactions of Km Dobutamine Inj 5ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat high blood pressure and irregular heart rhythms like metoprolol, and atenolol carvedilol decreases the effect of this medicine.
- Medicines used to treat enlarged prostate like prazosin, terazosin, can cause a faster heartbeat.
- Concomitant use of medicine like nitrates, sodium nitroprusside, captopril, enalapril (vasodilators and ACE inhibitors) may increase heart activity.
- If this medicine used in diabetic patients, it may lead to an increase in the dose of insulin.
- If it is used along with anaesthetics given by inhalation like desflurane or nitrous oxide can cause irregular heartbeat.
- Other medicines like dopamine used to increase heart rate and blood pressure or atropine can increase the risk of side effects.
Storage and disposal of Km Dobutamine Inj 5ml
- Store this medicine between 15˚C to 25˚C
- Try to keep it away from light and moisture
Dosage of Km Dobutamine Inj 5ml
This injection will be given by a doctor or nurse; thus, chances of overdose are unlikely. However, if you experience any discomfort or specific symptoms, inform your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
It is unlikely that the dose of this injection will be missed if you are monitored in a healthcare set up. However, if you have missed taking any dose of this injection, inform your doctor or nurse immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I self inject KM Dobutamine Injection?
A: KM Dobutamine Injection will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection. Do not self inject this medicine.
Q: What are the uses of KM Dobutamine Injection?
A: KM Dobutamine Injection is used for the treatment of heart failure when the heart is not functioning properly.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved