Kidpred Syrup 60ml
Kidpred 5 MG Description
Kidpred syrup helps in relieving pain and inflammation and proves beneficial for allergic conditions like asthma, various allergies. This medicine contains prednisolone, which belongs to a class of s
eroid medicines. Do not take any vaccine when you are taking this medicine as this medicine may reduce the efficacy of the vaccine. This medicine should not be taken by pregnant or lactating women.
Uses of Kidpred 5 MG
- To treat various allergic conditions like asthma, skin allergies including psoriasis and lung conditions and allergies due to medicines.
- For relieving swelling and inflammation in various body parts and conditions like arthritis.
- It is also used to support the hormonal balance of natural steroids when the body is not capable produce on its own.
Contraindications of Kidpred 5 MG
- If you are allergic to this medicine or steroids or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have any other infection and you are not taking any medicine to treat that infection.
- If you are suffering from a viral infection of the eye caused by the herpes virus.
Side effects of Kidpred 5 MG
- Feeling angry
- Mood swings
- Weight gain
Precautions and Warnings of Kidpred 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- This medicine makes you more prone to infections, in case you already have an infection like a fungal infection or measles or chickenpox, you are taking medicines to suppress immune response discuss your condition with a doctor. ...
- You experience any skin allergies and rise in blood sugar levels or you have diabetes.
- You experience mood disturbances, fits and other psychiatric problems, including suicidal thoughts, visual disturbances, etc.
- You are elderly and having heart problems, high blood pressure and cholesterol, blood clotting problems, liver and kidney diseases.
- It can impair the fertility of an individual, so be very cautious.
- You have a history of muscle weakness due to steroid therapy or have a condition called myasthenia gravis.
- Children and adolescents receiving steroids should be observed for growth abnormalities as steroids can retard the growth.
Mode of Action of Kidpred 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Kidpred 5 MG
- Take this medicine as instructed by your doctor.
- Shake well before use.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon or dropper for the exact quantity.
- Do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
Interactions of Kidpred 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes Kidpred syrup may affect the way other medicines work and other medicines may affect how Kidpred syrup works if taken at the same time. Please notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, over-the-counter medications (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations....
- In particular, if you are taking medicines like antacids, antibiotics like erythromycin, anti-tuberculosis medicine, anti-fungal medicines, painkillers, immunosuppressants like ciclosporin, heart medicines, anti-asthmatic medicines, etc....
- It would be best if you did not take any live vaccine while taking this medicine as it can reduce the effectiveness of the vaccine.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Kidpred 5 MG
- Store below 25°C and use within 3 months.
- Store it in original packing to protect it from light.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Kidpred 5 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking this medicine on my own?
Q: Can I take the vaccine if I am on this medicine?
Q: Is the medicine safe for children?
- Prednisolone 10mg/ml Oral Solution - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 28 July 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 27 July 2021]
- PEDIAPRED [Internet]. Products.sanofi.ca. 2021 [cited 28 July 2021]
- Prednisolone [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 28 July 2021]