K Cort 40mg Vial Of 1ml Injection
K Cort 40mg Vial Of 1ml Injection Description
K Cort 40mg Inj contains triamcinolone as its active component, a steroid medicine. It is used to relieve symptoms like pain and swelling occurring in conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, skin alle
rgies, and other allergic conditions. It will be given to you in a hospital or clinic by a doctor or nurse as an injection. You should avoid self-injecting. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding. Before starting K Cort 40mg Inj , discuss medication and conditions with the treating doctor.
Uses of K Cort 40mg Vial Of 1ml Injection
Contraindications of K Cort 40mg Vial Of 1ml Injection
- If you are allergic to Triamcinolone or any other ingredients of K Cort 40mg Inj .
- If you have any infection and have not yet started medicines to treat it.
Side effects of K Cort 40mg Vial Of 1ml Injection
- Joint pain
- Increased risk of infection
- Weight loss
- injection site reactions like swelling, redness, pain
Precautions and Warnings of K Cort 40mg Vial Of 1ml Injection
Other General Warnings
- You have heart, liver or kidney diseases.
- You are suffering from any mental health problems.
- You have diabetes, tuberculosis or fits.
- You or your family members had or have glaucoma.
- You have osteoporosis (bones becoming weak).
- You have a condition of muscle weakness.
- You had any type of cancer.
- You have a stomach ulcer or any bowel disorder or have had bowel surgery.
- You have an underactive thyroid gland or thyroid problems.
- You have had any type of infection.
- You have any eye problems like blurred vision, etc.
- You are due to have surgery.
- You recently had chickenpox, shingles, measles, etc. or have been in contact with a person who has it.
Mode of Action of K Cort 40mg Vial Of 1ml Injection
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of K Cort 40mg Vial Of 1ml Injection
- K Cort 40mg Inj will be given to you in the hospital by your doctor or nurse. Do not self-inject this medicine.
- Follow any instructions suggested by the doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of K Cort 40mg Vial Of 1ml Injection
Interactions with other medicines
- K Cort 40mg Inj may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Medicines like Rifampicin, rifabutin (used in tuberculosis), carbamazepine, phenobarbitone, phenytoin, primidone (used to treat fits or seizures) may reduce the effects of this medicine and thus should be used with caution....
- Medicines like insulin (and other diabetic medicines), other anti-hypertensive medicines (captopril, verapamil), acetazolamide (used in glaucoma) may increase the effects of this medicine when taken simultaneously....
- Blood thinners like warfarin, water pills, pain killers like ibuprofen, aspirin should be used with caution along with this medicine as it may increase the chance of bleeding from the gut.
- Other medicines like the Oral contraceptive pill, Levothyroxine, Digitalis glycosides, Cyclosporin should be used cautiously along with K Cort 40mg Inj .
Storage and disposal of K Cort 40mg Vial Of 1ml Injection
- Store K Cort 40mg Inj under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of K Cort 40mg Vial Of 1ml Injection
- K Cort 40mg Inj will be given to you by a doctor or nurse. Therefore, it is less likely that you may get an overdose of this medicine. If you experience any symptoms right after taking this injection, seek medical help....
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of K Cort 40mg Inj ?
Q: Is K Cort 40mg Inj a steroid?
Q: Are there any side effects to K Cort 40mg Inj ?
Q: Does K Cort 40mg Inj cause weight gain?
- Adcortyl injection 10mg/ml - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 27 April 2022]
- Adcortyl injection 10mg/ml - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 27 April 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 27 April 2022]