Itokine 50 MG Description
Itokine Tablet is used to treat various conditions such as indigestion, heartburn, nausea, vomiting, decreased appetite and other symptoms associated with decreased motility of the stomach and intest
ine. It contains itopride as its active ingredient. This medicine acts by increasing the motility of the gut, thus helping reduce these symptoms. Itokine Tablet should not be used by children below 16 years of age and to be used cautiously by elderly patients. Take this medicine as advised by your treating doctor for the suggested duration. It would be better if you take this medicine at a fixed time daily for optimum benefits. This medicine can sometimes cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea and headache. However, most of the side effects get resolved on their own over a short duration of time. Discuss with your doctor about all the known medical and medication history, along with certain medications or herbal supplements you are taking currently.
- Ganaton 50mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Abbott India Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 167.39₹ 142.28₹ 14.23/Tablet
Uses of Itokine 50 MG
Contraindications of Itokine 50 MG
- If you are allergic to itopride or any other ingredient of Itokine Tablet.
- If you have increased motility of stomach and intestine such as obstruction or perforation or bleeding of stomach-intestine.
Side effects of Itokine 50 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Itokine 50 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience a dry mouth, constipation, blurry vision or any other side effects while on this medicine.
- This medicine should be used with caution by elderly people.
- Itokine Tablet should not be used by children below 16 years of age.
Mode of Action of Itokine 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Itokine 50 MG
Interactions of Itokine 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Itokine Tablet alters the absorption and delays the effect of other medicines such as digoxin (heart medicine), theophylline (asthma), phenytoin (fits) and methotrexate (immunosuppressive).
- Anticholinergic medicine such as atropine, dicyclomine, cyclopentolate may reduce the action of Itokine Tablet.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Itokine 50 MG
- Store this medicine below 30°C in a cool and dry place.
- Protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of reach and sight of children and pets.