Itcona 100mg Capsule
Itcona 100 MG Description
Itcona Capsule is an antifungal medicine containing itraconazole as its active ingredient. It is used to treat fungal infections. This medicine works by blocking the formation of the cell membrane of
fungal cells by inhibiting the enzyme. Do not use it if you are allergic to Itraconazole, pregnant or breastfeeding. Itcona Capsule should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. You may experience side effects like dizziness, nausea, stomach pain, rash while on treatment with this medicine. If side effects persist or there is no improvement in your condition then inform your doctor.
Uses of Itcona 100 MG
Contraindications of Itcona 100 MG
- You are allergic to itraconazole or any other ingredient of Itcona Capsule.
- If you are suffering from any heart problems.
- If you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy.
Side effects of Itcona 100 MG
- Stomach pain
- Tingling sensation
- Altered sense of taste
Precautions and Warnings of Itcona 100 MG
- Itcona Capsule must not be used during pregnancy as it may cause harm to the unborn baby.
- If you are taking this medicine, proper birth control measures should be taken while consuming it for at least 2 months after the final dose.
Other General Warnings
- You develop any allergic reaction after taking Itcona Capsule.
- You have problems with your liver or kidney.
- You had or have heart problems like heart failure, heart attack, etc.
- You experience shortness of breath, unexpected weight gain, swollen legs or stomach or tiredness. Stop taking Itcona Capsule as these may be signs of heart failure.
Mode of Action of Itcona 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Itcona 100 MG
Interactions of Itcona 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way this medicine works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat your heart problems, mental health issues, diabetes, cancer, HIV infection, low blood cholesterol, migraine, fits, allergic reactions.
Storage and disposal of Itcona 100 MG
- Store Itcona Capsule below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sun light and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Itcona 100 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Itcona Capsule?
Q: What precautions should I take when using Itcona Capsule?
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking Itcona Capsule?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have heart, liver or kidney disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
- Itcona Capsule may interact with other medicines, hence, inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines including supplements or herbal products. Also, inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicine....
- Itraconazole 100mg Capsules, hard - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 7 May 2021]
- Itraconazole 100mg Capsules, hard - Patient information leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 7 May 2021]
- Sporanox (itraconazole) Capsules [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 7 May 2021]
- Itraconazole - Product Monograph [Internet]. Pdf.hres.ca. 2021 [cited 7 May 2021]