Isopad 10mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
By CONNOTE HEALTHCARE PVT LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
The primary medicine used in the composition of Isopad 10 Tab 10'S is Isotretinoin (a form of vitamin A), which is used in the treatment of acne.
Uses of Isopad 10 Tab 10'S
- Severe nodular acne
- Skin cancer
Contraindications of Isopad 10 Tab 10'S
- Pregnant women
- Breastfeeding women
- Allergic reaction to the medicine
- Liver disease
- High cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- Hypervitaminosis A
- Tetracyclines (antibiotic medicine)
Side effects of Isopad 10 Tab 10'S
- Common side effects of Isopad 10 Tab 10'S that may require dose alteration include chapped lips, dizziness, drowsiness, dry eyes, mouth, or skin, dry nose that may lead to nosebleeds, headache and temporary worsening of acneread less
- Abnormal hair growth
- Bleeding, redness or swelling of the gums
- Bone pain
- Hearing problems or ringing in the ears
- Visual disturbances
- Severe psychological disturbances with suicidal tendencies
- Stomach and pancreas disorders
Precautions and Warnings of Isopad 10 Tab 10'S
Can I take Isopad 10 Tab 10'S during pregnancy?
This medicine is known to cause severe birth defects in the fetus and is hence not recommended for use during pregnancy, while planning a pregnancy, or for sexually active women not using effective contraception.
Can I take this medicine while breastfeeding?
This medicine can pass into the breast milk and harm the infant. Thus, it should not be consumed while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have taken this medicine?
Drive cautiously as the medicine can cause visual disturbances at night, along with drowsiness and sleepiness.
Can I consume alcohol with this medicine?
Alcohol when consumed with this medicine can result in fast heart beats, nausea and vomiting. It should be avoided during treatment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experienced headache, vomiting as this can be serious.
- You are women of child bearing age strictly use contraception, as this medicine can cause serious harm to the unborn baby
- You experience depression or aggressive tendencies
- You experience mood changes or suicidal tendency
- You get severe headaches and vomiting
- You have increased blood cholesterol or liver enzymes
Mode of Action of Isopad 10 Tab 10'S
How Does It Work?
The medicine acts by reducing the amount of oil secreted from the glands in the skin, which assists it to renew itself at a faster rate.
Directions for Use of Isopad 10 Tab 10'S
The dosage of Isopad 10 Tab 10'S is to be swallowed with water and taken with meals. If consumed on an empty stomach, it may result in increase in heartburn.
Interactions of Isopad 10 Tab 10'S
Interactions with other medicines
- Tetracycline and similar antibiotics have additive effects with this medicine
- The efficacy of progesterone only contraceptive pills might be reduced
- Any other form of vitamin A can result into overdose of medicine
- Efficacy of this medicine may be reduced with anticonvulsants
Interactions with food items
Oily and junk food should be avoided during treatment.
Storage and disposal of Isopad 10 Tab 10'S
The medicine should be stored at room temperature, away from heat and moisture. The instructions on the label should be followed.
Dosage of Isopad 10 Tab 10'S
The symptoms of overdose are dizziness, facial flushing, headache, loss of balance, stomach pain, and vomiting. Seek immediate medical help in case of an overdose.
Missed a Dose
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue the regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can this medicine be taken without prescription?
A: The medicine cannot be taken or continued without a prescription.
Q: What are the precautions to be taken in women who are using this medicine?
- This medicine should not be taken by pregnant women or women planning a pregnancy
- Nursing mothers are also not recommended to use the medicine
- The medicine should be used cautiously by women who are sexually active and not using effective contraception
- Pregnancy should be avoided for at least one month after stopping treatment with isotretinoin
Q: What should I do in the case of an accidental pregnancy during treatment with this medicine?
A: In the case of an accidental pregnancy, the medicine should be discontinued immediately as it can seriously harm the unborn baby. The physician should be contacted and further decision should be made accordingly.
Q: What are the other things to keep in mind while using Isopad 10 Tab 10'S?
- The medicine is not to be used in children below 12 years of age
- The medicine may increase sensitivity to sunlight. Excessive exposure to sunlight should hence be avoided
- The medicine may result in extreme dry skin. Use a moisturizer for the same
Last Updated on: 21 Sep 2020 | 05:30 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved