Icin 500mg Inj
By IND BIOSCIENCES
1 Injection(s) in Injection
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Icin Injection is an antibiotic containing amikacin as its active component. It is used for the treatment of serious bacterial infections. It alters the protein synthesis of the bacteria, interfering with its replication and growth, further resulting in cell death. Icin Injection is given in healthcare set up under supervision of a registered medical practitioner. The dose and duration of the treatment will be decided by the doctor after careful assessment of your condition. Tell the doctor about the complete medical history before initiating the treatment....
Uses of Icin 500 MG
Icin Injection is used for treating serious bacterial infections.
Contraindications of Icin 500 MG
- If you are allergic to amikacin or other components of the injection.
- If you are allergic to medicine from the same class (aminoglycoside antibiotics) if you are not sure about which are these medicines ask the doctor.
- If you suffer from myasthenia gravis, a condition characterised by muscle weakness and fatigue.
Side effects of Icin 500 MG
- Skin rash
- Injection site reactions
Precautions and Warnings of Icin 500 MG
Can I take Icin Injection during pregnancy?
The safety of the medicine is not established during pregnancy. If pregnancy is detected while on the medicine seek immediate medical advice.
Can I take Icin Injection while breastfeeding?
It is not known if Icin Injection pass in breast milk. To avoid any harm to the breastfeeding infant consult the doctor if you are breastfeeding before initiating therapy and he may suggest either discontinue breastfeeding or treatment.
Can I drive if I have taken Icin Injection?
There is no information available on the effect of the medicine on the driving abilities of an individual. If you experience dizziness after the administration of Icin Injection, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol if I have taken Icin Injection?
No known interaction with alcohol. If you consume alcohol often, discuss it with the doctor. Long term use of alcohol weakens the immune system and makes you more prone to get infected.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You may experience an allergic reaction.
- You may experience side effects after taking Icin Injection.
- You may develop vision loss after administering the medicine.
- You should stay hydrated while on the medication.
- You have kidney disease and a hearing problem.
- You have a muscular disorder such as Parkinsonism.
- Icin Injection should be used cautiously in premature and neonatal infants.
- The medicine is known to be toxic for the ears, kidneys and brain. Patients need to be monitored closely while on treatment with the medicine. Discuss with the doctor about signs and symptoms.
Mode of Action of Icin 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Icin Injection alters the protein synthesis (responsible for cell multiplication) of the bacteria, stops the growth of bacteria and results in cell death.
Directions for Use of Icin 500 MG
- Icin Injection will be given by a doctor or nurse in a hospital/clinic.
- Follow the aftercare instructions given by the doctor/nurse.
Interactions of Icin 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way Icin Injection works or Icin itself reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor about medicines, supplements or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interactions.
- Especially about other antibiotics, immunosuppressants, water pills, muscle relaxants, medicines used for bone diseases and certain supplements.
Storage and disposal of Icin 500 MG
- Store at a cool and dark place.
- Discard the solution if not clear.
- Do not freeze. Keep it away from children.
Dosage of Icin 500 MG
Icin Injection will be given by a doctor or nurse thus the chances of an overdose are unlikely. However, if you experience any discomforts or symptoms like hearing, renal disabilities inform the doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
It is unlikely that the dose of the injection will be missed if you are monitored in a healthcare setup. However, if you have missed taking a dose of the injection, inform the doctor or nurse immediately....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What all things should I discuss with the doctor before taking Icin Injection?
A: Give detail about the medical and surgical history. Also, the doctor needs to be informed of all the prescription and non-prescription medicines, herbal preparations and nutritional supplements that you may be taking before starting Icin Injection.
Q: What are the uses of Icin Injection?
A: Icin Injection is an antibiotic medicine. It is used for the treatment of serious bacterial infections.
Q: How is Icin Injection given?
A: Icin Injection will be given to you by a doctor in a clinic/hospital, avoid self-medicating. The dose and duration will be decided by the doctor after careful assessment of the condition you are being treated for and other parameters. Follow the aftercare instruction given by the doctor.
- Omnikacin Injection [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 1 June 2021]
- Amikacin 250 mg/ml Injection - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 1 June 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 1 June 2021]
- Can Alcohol Abuse Cause or Worsen an Infectious Disease? [Internet]. Alcohol.org. 2021 [cited 29 May 2021]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.