Hilzol 150mg Tablet
By HINDUSTAN LATEX LIMITED
1 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Hilzol 150 MG Description
Hilzol Tablet is an antifungal medicine used to treat various fungal infections. It is also used to prevent the occurrence of fungal infections in cancer patients. It contains fluconazole as its acti
ve ingredient. Patients with liver and heart disorder should discuss their condition before taking this medicine. This medicine should not be used by pregnant women.
|You Save||₹2.25 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, diarrhea, nausea, stomach pain|
Check more medicines with composition as Fluconazole(150.0 Mg)
21 Generic Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Hilzol 150mg Tablet
- Fcn 150mg Tablets 2'sBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd Gx2 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 29.46₹ 22.0913.33% CHEAPER₹ 11.05/Tablet
- Flukonaz 150mg Strip Of 1 TabletBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd1 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 13.00₹ 10.9214.35% CHEAPER₹ 10.92/Tablet
- Fungicip 150mg TabletBy Cipla Gx1 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 12.05₹ 10.2419.69% CHEAPER₹ 10.24/Tablet
- Zocon 150mg Strip Of 3 TabletsBy Fdc Limited3 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 44.00₹ 37.402.2% CHEAPER₹ 12.47/Tablet
- Flutas 150mg TabletBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 14.73₹ 12.521.8% CHEAPER₹ 12.52/Tablet
- Forcan 150mg Strip Of 4 TabletsBy Cipla Limited4 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 48.20₹ 40.9719.69% CHEAPER₹ 10.24/Tablet
- Fluka 150mg TabletBy Cipla Gx1 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 12.05₹ 10.2419.69% CHEAPER₹ 10.24/Tablet
- Fzhh 150mg TabletBy Hegde And Hegde Pharmaceuticals Llp1 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 13.21₹ 11.2311.92% CHEAPER₹ 11.23/Tablet
- Nazole 150mg Strip Of 2 TabletsBy Kaptab Pharmaceuticals2 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 26.58₹ 22.5911.37% CHEAPER₹ 11.30/Tablet
- Zocon 150mg Strip Of 6 TabletsBy Fdc Limited6 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 72.30₹ 61.4519.69% CHEAPER₹ 10.24/Tablet
Uses of Hilzol 150 MG
- Hilzol Tablet is used to treat fungal infections.
- It is also used in prevention of fungal infection in cancer patients.
Contraindications of Hilzol 150 MG
- If you are allergic to fluconazole or any other ingredient of Hilzol Tablet.
- If you are already taking certain medications such as antiallergic medicines like terfenadine, astemizole, medicines for heartburn like cisapride, Pimozide (for Tourette's syndrome), heart-related medicines like quinidine, or antibitics such as erythromycin etc....
Side effects of Hilzol 150 MG
- Stomach pain
- Impaired taste
Precautions and Warnings of Hilzol 150 MG
Can I take Hilzol Tablet during pregnancy?
- Hilzol Tablet should not be used during pregnancy as it may unsafe and cause harm to the unborn baby. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
- If you are taking fluconazole, then use contraception during the treatment and at least for one week even after stopping the medicine.
Can I take Hilzol Tablet while breastfeeding?
Fluconazole passes into human milk. Breastfeeding can be continued after a single dose; however, if you are taking this medicine repeatedly or in high doses, breastfeeding is not recommended. Caution is advised to nursing mother while giving Hilzol Tablet.
Can I drive if I have consumed Hilzol Tablet?
- You may experience dizziness or fits while taking this medicine.
- If you experience any of these, you should not drive or use any tools or machines while taking this medicine
Can I consume alcohol with Hilzol Tablet?
No information is available on interactions of this medicine when taken with alcohol. However, it may be best to hold off on drinking alcohol until you have finished treatment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any pre-existing medical condition like liver or kidney disease etc.
- You have heart diseases and irregular heart rhythm.
- You develop loss of appetite, nausea, yellowing of skin, seek immediate medical help.
- You have abnormal electrolyte levels (potassium, calcium or magnesium) in your blood.
- You have severe skin reactions.
- You have a condition of adrenal insufficiency (condition where the adrenal gland does not produce sufficient steroid hormone).
- You are already on certain medications especially anti-malarial medicines etc.
Mode of Action of Hilzol 150 MG
- Hilzol Tablet works by blocking the formation of the cell membrane of the fungus by inhibiting an enzyme.
- Thus, the fungi stop multiplying or die because of the non-formation of the complete cell membrane.
- It is not effective against viruses or bacteria.
Directions for Use of Hilzol 150 MG
- Hilzol Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Hilzol 150 MG
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Hilzol Tablet or Hilzol Tablet itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder....
- Certain medicines like terfenadine, voriconazole, clarithromycin, erythromycin, ranolazine, lomitapide, donepezil, pimozide and quinidine should never be taken with Hilzol Tablet. As, these medicines can cause a life-threatening heart rhythm condition (torsades de pointes)....
- In particular, if you are taking medicines for diabetes, blood pressure, tuberculosis, brain-related disorders, bacterial infections, heart-related problem etc.
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are antacids, immunosuppressants like tacrolimus, painkillers, anti-HIV medicines, cholesterol lowering medicines like atorvastatin etc.
Storage and disposal of Hilzol 150 MG
- Store Hilzol Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Hilzol 150 MG
Symptoms of overdose of Hilzol Tablet may include feeling or seeing things that are not real (hallucination and paranoid behaviour). Seek urgent medical help in case of overdose.
If you missed any dose of Hilzol Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Ravi Kakarla
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions should I take when using Hilzol Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you are sexually active and discuss effective contraception methods
- This medicine can make your oral contraceptive pills work less efficiently
- Hence if you are on this medication, then use barrier methods of contraception like condoms
Q: I have cough, cold, flu, can I take Hilzol Tablet?
A: No, flu mostly occurs due to viruses. This medicine works against fungus and not viruses. Take it only if prescribed by your doctor for the complete duration of treatment.
Q: Can I take the Hilzol Tablet daily?
A: Your doctor will decide the duration and frequency of this medicine after accessing your condition. Do not take this medicine on your own or for a longer duration than that prescribed.
Q: IsHilzol Tablet an antibiotic?
A: No, Hilzol Tablet is not an antibiotic, it is an anti-fungal medicine.
Q: I feel my condition is recovering, can I stop taking the Hilzol Tablet on my own?
A: No, you should never stop taking Hilzol Tablet until it is advised by the doctor, even if you are feeling good. If you stop taking this medicine, it may lead to treatment failure, recurrence of infection and may produce side effects as well.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed