Hicope Bottle Of 15ml Drops
Hicope 6 MG/ML Description
Hicope Drop is an anti-allergic medicine that contains hydroxyzine as an active ingredient. It is designed to be used only by children. It helps in improving symptoms associated with allergic skin co
nditions such as itching, swelling, redness, rashes, hives, scaly and patchy skin. This medicine should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Hicope drops work by blocking the production of chemicals (histamine) responsible for allergy. It is advised to take this medicine preferably at bedtime as it may cause dizziness.
Uses of Hicope 6 MG/ML
Contraindications of Hicope 6 MG/ML
- If you are allergic to Hydroxyzine, other anti-allergic medicines or other ingredients of Hicope Drops.
- If you have irregular heart rhythms and a family history of sudden death due to heart disorder.
- If you have or had heart problems or if your heart rate is very low.
- If you have low salt levels in your body (e.g. low level of potassium or magnesium).
- If you are an asthmatic with a history of asthmatic attack upon anti-allergic use.
- If you have porphyria (a condition that causes stomach pain, constipation, change in the colour of urine, skin rashes and disturbing behaviour).
- If you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
- If you are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Hicope 6 MG/ML
- Uncontrolled movements
- Slurred speech
Precautions and Warnings of Hicope 6 MG/ML
Other General Warnings
- Your child has any underlying medical condition like heart problems, breathing disorders, liver or kidney-related disease, stomach or intestinal ulcers, muscle weakness, fits, hypertension etc.
- The child has problem-related to memory loss (Dementia).
- This medicine may affect the results of some tests for allergy or asthma.
Mode of Action of Hicope 6 MG/ML
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Hicope 6 MG/ML
- It is advisable to take these drops as per your physician's advice (not more or not less).
- Shake well before use.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon, or dropper for the exact quantity.
- Do not stop taking this syrup on your own.
- Please do not modify the dosage or stop it before the prescribed duration, even if you feel better.
Interactions of Hicope 6 MG/ML
Interactions with other medicines
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements to avoid any interaction.
- Hicope Drop should not be taken with any medicine with the risk of increased heartbeats or irregular heart rhythm.
- This syrup should not be used with medicines acting on the brain or used for psychiatric disorders, medicines used for seizures or convulsions, medicines used to control nausea and vomiting, other anti-allergic medicines, anticancer and muscle relaxants....
- Additive anticholinergic effects (blurring of vision, dry mouth, urine retention, constipation) may occur if this medicine is taken with Cimetidine, a medicine used to reduce stomach acid content should not be taken together as it can increase the concentration of Hicope Drop leading to increased side effects....
- It could mask the warning signs of ear damage due to certain medicines such as Gentamicin, Tobramycin and Amikacin. Therefore, it should be used cautiously.
- This syrup should not be taken along with medicine containing adrenaline used during cardiac arrest or other emergency conditions.
Storage and disposal of Hicope 6 MG/ML
- Hicope Drop should be stored at room temperature.
- Keep it away from sunlight, moisture and children.
- The lid should be properly closed after use.
- Discard the expired product and do not use it beyond the stated expiry of the product.
- Follow proper disposal methods advised by your pharmacist.