Glycigon 80mg Tablet
By ARISTO PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Glycigon Tablet is an anti-diabetic medicine. It helps to lower the blood sugar levels in adult patients with a known history of diabetes mellitus that cannot be controlled by exercise, diet and insulin treatment alone. Glycigon Tablet contains gliclazide as an active ingredient. The medicine is not recommended in children or in patients that require insulin. It must be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Before using Glycigon Tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about the detailed medical history.
Uses of Glycigon 80mg Tablet
Glycigon Tablet is used to treat maturity-onset diabetes, diabetes with or without obesity in adults when diet, exercise, weight loss or insulin therapy fail to provide adequate results.
Contraindications of Glycigon 80mg Tablet
- You may have an allergic to gliclazide or other ingredients of Glycigon Tablet.
- You may have type 1 diabetes.
- You may have problems with the kidney or liver.
- You may have ketones and sugar in the urine.
- You may have diabetic pre-coma or coma.
- You are a diabetic patient undergoing surgery, after severe trauma or during infections.
- You may suffer from a hereditary disease - porphyria.
- Taking a medicine called miconazole to treat fungal infection.
- You are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Glycigon 80mg Tablet
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Glycigon 80mg Tablet
Can I take Glycigon Tablet during pregnancy?
Glycigon Tablet must be avoided during pregnancy as there is no or limited safety data available, please consult the doctor. If pregnancy detected while taking the medicine, inform the doctor immediately.
Can I take Glycigon Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if gliclazide passes into human milk, thus Glycigon Tablet must not be used while breastfeeding.
Can I drive after consuming Glycigon Tablet?
- Glycigon Tablet cause low blood sugar levels, that leads to dizziness, drowsiness, unconsciousness, confusion. This impairs the driving ability.
- Keep a juice or chocolate in the car, in case you feel uneasy, immediately have the juice or chocolate. Please note that artificial sweeteners do not help. Consult the doctor whether you can drive a car if you have few or no warning signs of low blood sugar (hypoglycemia).Read less
Can I consume alcohol with Glycigon Tablet?
It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Glycigon Tablet as it affects blood glucose levels.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You may have problems with the liver and kidney.
- You may suffer from disorders like thyroid disorders, hypopituitarism and adrenal insufficiency.
- You are at risk of developing low blood sugar. Risk factors for low blood glucose levels are missing meals, excessive exercise, certain medicines, having more dose of the medicine than prescribed by the doctor, alcohol consumption, fasting.Read less
- You may experience headaches, intense hunger, nausea, vomiting, sleep disorders, restlessness, aggressiveness, depression, confusion, speech or visual disorders, fits, dizziness.
- You may have a hereditary condition called glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency.
- You are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- You must follow a regular diet and must not skip or delay meals.
- Glycigon Tablet is not recommended for use in children.
Mode of Action of Glycigon 80mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
The pancreas has beta cells that are responsible for the production of insulin. Gliclazide in Glycigon Tablet increases those beta cells, thus producing more insulin, hence helps in lowering the blood sugar.
Directions for Use of Glycigon 80mg Tablet
Glycigon Tablet must be taken as directed by the doctor. Take with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results and must not consume it more than that prescribed by the doctor.
Interactions of Glycigon 80mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way Glycigon Tablet works, or the medicine itself reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor about the medicines, supplements, or herbals the child is taking or might take to avoid possible interaction. You should inform the doctor if the child has a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.Read less
- Taking antibiotic, blood thinners, oral contraceptives, medicines to treat heart problems, asthma, mental health problems, high blood pressure, infection, gout, stomach ulcer.
- Glycigon Tablet must not be used along with Miconazole (used to treat the infection) as it may cause low blood sugar and may lead to coma.
- Concomitant use of Glycigon Tablet along with Phenylbutazone is not recommended.
Storage and disposal of Glycigon 80mg Tablet
- Store Glycigon Tablet below 25°C at a dry place, protected from light.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Glycigon 80mg Tablet
Symptoms of overdose may lead to low blood pressure causing symptoms like headache, dizziness, sweating, hunger, shakiness, weakness, double vision, confusion, palpitations. Seek urgent medical help in case you have consumed too much of Glycigon Tablet or experience symptoms.
Missed a Dose
You should never miss the blood sugar medicines. If you missed a dose of Glycigon Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with the regular dose schedule. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Glycigon Tablet?
A: Glycigon Tablet is used in adults to treat maturity onset diabetes, diabetes with or without obesity in adults when diet, exercise, weight loss or insulin therapy fail to provide adequate results.
Q: How does Glycigon Tablet works?
A: In patients with diabetes type 2, the body fails to produce make enough insulin or utilizing insulin properly. Glycigon Tablet helps to increase the amount of insulin in the body and then lowers the blood sugar levels to maintain normal levels of sugar in the body.
Q: Can Glycigon Tablet be used in children?
A: No, Glycigon Tablet is not recommended for use in children.
- Gliclazide 80 mg Tablets BP - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 9 June 2021].
- Gliclazide 80 mg Tablets BP - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 8 June 2021]
- CDSCO - Gliclazide [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 9 June 2021]
- GLICLAZIDE - Gliclazide 80 mg Tablets [Internet]. Pdf.hres.ca. 2021 [cited 9 June 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 17 Jun 2021 | 08:23 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved