Gliclapack 80mg Tablet
By KOYE PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
30 Tablet(s) in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
This medicine belongs to the antidiabetic group of medicines that are utilised in the management of diabetes mellitus and maintenance of blood sugar levels. The generic name of Gliclapack 80mg Tab is gliclazide.
Uses of Gliclapack 80mg Tab
The uses of Gliclapack 80mg Tab include the regulation of blood glucose levels in the condition of type 2 diabetes mellitus when both diet and exercise are ineffectual in controlling it.
Contraindications of Gliclapack 80mg Tab
- Allergic to this medicine or similar medicine group
- Type 1 diabetes
- Diabetic ketoacidosis
- Severe kidney or liver diseases
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding
Side effects of Gliclapack 80mg Tab
- Low blood glucose levels leading to fainting, sweating and giddiness
- Headache, nausea, diarrhoea, stomach pain, vomiting and anaemia
- Elevation of liver enzyme levels and subsequent symptoms like loss of appetite are seen but clinical jaundice is rare
- Allergic skin reactions like rashes, redness or hives
Precautions and Warnings of Gliclapack 80mg Tab
Can I take the medicine during pregnancy?
This medicine should not be taken during pregnancy as it is considered perilous.
Can I take Gliclapack 80mg Tab while breastfeeding?
You need eschew the use of this medicine while you are breastfeeding as limited information is available on the safe use of this medicine during breastfeeding. Alternative medicine may be preferred. If you are on the prescription of this medicine (prescribed by a physician), then monitor your breastfed baby for signs of low blood glucose levels such as irritability, sleepiness, poor feeding, fits and low body temperature.
Can I drive if I have consumed the medicine?
This medicine can cause low blood sugar levels which can lead to drowsiness, unconsciousness and confusion. These can prove fatal while driving. Keep a juice or chocolate handy in the car; in case you start feeling uneasy, immediately have the juice or chocolate. Please note that artificial sweeteners do not help. Consult your doctor whether you can drive a car if you have few or no warning signs of low blood sugar (hypoglycaemia).
Can I consume alcohol with Gliclapack 80mg Tab?
Avoid the consumption of alcohol while taking this medicine because an intolerance may occur resulting in flushing, giddiness, nausea and rapid heart rate. Be cautious not to consume alcohol on an empty stomach. The risk of low blood sugar increases with alcohol intake.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver or kidney problems
- You have any allergies to sulpha-containing medicines
- You become ill, you have acquired a severe infection or experience symptoms from going out in the sun
- You have low blood sugar. This medicine can reduce blood glucose which can cause these symptoms like extreme hunger, headache, nausea, vomiting, sluggishness, sleepiness, restlessness, aggression, reduced alertness and reaction time, confusion, shakiness, dizziness. If you have any of these, immediately have sugar or sweet juice. Risk factors for low blood glucose levels are missing your meals, excessive exercise, certain medicines, having more dose of this medicine than prescribed by your doctor, alcohol consumption, fastingread less
Mode of Action of Gliclapack 80mg Tab
How Does It Work?
Insulin transports sugar (glucose) from the blood into the cells. The cells, then, use it as a fuel for energy. In type 2 diabetes, the human body does not make enough insulin or does not utilize insulin properly, so the sugar is denied entry into the cells, therefore it stays or gets stuck in the bloodstream. The composition of Gliclapack 80mg Tab increases the amount of insulin released from the pancreas, thus lowering the increased levels of blood sugar.
Directions for Use of Gliclapack 80mg Tab
This tablet must be taken in the right amount instructed by the physician.
Interactions of Gliclapack 80mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Sulphonamide, antibiotics, blood thinners, antidepressants, aspirin, propranolol, rifampin, phenylbutazone, disopyramide, probenecid, clofibrate, water pills, steroids, oral contraceptives and cimetidineread less
- Any other medicines for diabetes
- Medicines for fungal infections like fluconazole
Interactions with food items
This medicine does not interact with any food products. However, you must avoid high sugar-containing food products for better health and working of this medicine.
Other general Interactions
Individuals with low blood sugar, liver/kidney ailments and skin sensitivity (primarily to sun) must avoid the use of this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Gliclapack 80mg Tab
For the preservation of this medicine, you need to keep it at ambient room temperature in the absence of light, moisture, heat and children. Standard waste management techniques are available with the pharmacist for the right disposal of this medicine.
Dosage of Gliclapack 80mg Tab
If an overdose is suspected, contact your doctor immediately. Overdose of Gliclapack 80mg Tab may cause side effects such as headache, sweating, shakiness, increased hunger, changes in vision, nervousness, tiredness, seizures and loss of consciousness.
Missed a Dose
If you happen to miss any of its administration, you must administer it at the earliest with food. Also, you must skip the administration, if it is about time for next administration. In that case, you need to follow the regular schedule and never take extra or double doses.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Should I follow a diabetic diet while on this medicine?
A: You are strongly recommended to have/follow a diabetic diet as advised by your doctor or dietician. This medicine works best along with a good (low sugar) diet and exercise. However, you must not engage in excessive exercise.
Q: What food should be avoided with diabetes?
- Sugar-sweetened beverages
- Foods that are high in trans fats, e.g., fried foods such as fries and doughnuts and baked foods such as biscuits and cakes
- White bread
- Fruit-flavoured yogurt
- Sweetened breakfast cereals
- Flavoured coffee drinks
- Honey and maple syrup
Q: Can I stop this medicine if I feel better?
A: This medicine cannot and should not be stopped immediately before its prescribed time period. This medicine needs to be reduced gradually as per the proper consultation from the doctor.
Q: How long this medicine should be taken?
A: You should complete the course of this medicine as advised by your doctor (as it is decided based on your condition).
Q: Is this medicine addictive?
A: There is no evidence to confirm that this medicine is addictive.
Q: Is this medicine safe?
A: It is important to consult doctor before taking this medicine.
- electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC). Package leaflet: information for the patient. Ziclaseg 30 mg prolonged release tablet. Gliclazide.
- Medscape. Type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC). Bilxona 30mg modified-release tablets.
- DrugBank. Gliclazide.
- DavisPlus. Gliclazide. Diamicron MR.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved