Gleedox Tablet Description
Gleedox Tablet is used to prevent nausea and vomiting during pregnancy. It is a combination medicine containing doxylamine, pyridoxine (vitamin B6) and folic acid (vitamin B9) as its active ingredien
ts. It is a combination of antiemetic and vitamin B6 and B9. It helps alleviate the symptoms of morning sickness. Take this Tablet on an empty stomach for better results. Nausea and vomiting during pregnancy are known as morning sickness and affect most pregnant women. This is usually one of the first symptoms of pregnancy. It’s caused by a combination of physical changes in the body such as increased fatigue, sensitivity to smell, hormonal changes and increased acid in the stomach. Gleedox Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor. It should be taken regularly for optimal results.
|Contains||Vitamin B6 / Pyridoxine(10.0 Mg) + Doxylamine(10.0 Mg) + Vitamin B9 / Folic Acid / Folate(2.5 Mg)|
|Uses||Nausea and vomiting during pregnancy|
|Side effects||Excess sleepiness, constipation|
- Pregvom Plus Nf Strip Of 30 TabletsBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd Gx30 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 141.00₹ 105.75₹
- Pregnidoxin Plus Strip Of 30 TabletsBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd30 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 231.00₹ 196.35₹
- Doxyla B6 Plus TabletBy Maneesh Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 79.20₹ 67.32₹
- Goodmorn Plus TabletBy Dwd Pharmaceuticals Ltd30 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 208.95₹ 208.95₹
- Nvtab Strip Of 30 TabletsBy Ar-ex Laboratories Pvt Ltd30 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 203.00₹ 172.55₹
- Doxinate Plus Strip Of 30 TabletsBy Maneesh Pharmaceuticals Ltd30 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 254.20₹ 216.07₹
Uses of Gleedox Tablet
Contraindications of Gleedox Tablet
- If you are allergic to pyridoxine, doxylamine, folic acid or any other ingredients of Gleedox Tablet.
- If you are consuming medicines such as such as monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) to treat depression
- If you have any liver diseases
- If you are alcoholic
- If you are under 18 years of age
Side effects of Gleedox Tablet
- Excess sleepiness
- Stomach pain
- Blurred vision
Precautions and Warnings of Gleedox Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have asthma or glaucoma, this tablet should be avoided
- You have stomach ulcer or any obstruction in intestine or urinary bladder
- Avoid driving, and handling any machinery as after taking Gleedox Tablet you may feel excessively sleepy or drowsy
Mode of Action of Gleedox Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Gleedox Tablet contains pyridoxine, doxylamine, and folic acid.
- Doxylamine is an antihistaminic. It blocks the natural substances in the body and responsible for nausea and vomiting.
- Pyridoxine, also is known as vitamin B6, is a crucial component for various reactions and acts as a coenzyme in the body. Sometimes deficiency of pyridoxine may cause nausea and vomiting during pregnancy....
- Folic acid is one of the essential vitamins that play a vital role in DNA synthesis and synthesis of amino acids. It is crucial for cell division and the development of blood cells. It is essential for the development of the brain and spinal cord of a growing baby....
Directions for Use of Gleedox Tablet
- Take Gleedox Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, without eating a meal, preferably on an empty stomach
- You should take this medicine regularly without fail as directed by your doctor
- You should not consume it more than the prescribed dose
- Do not discontinue this tablet without consulting your doctor
Interactions of Gleedox Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Gleedox Tablet may interact with other medicines and create an altered response. Please tell your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations....
- Medicine used to treat psychotic disorders such as monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs), barbiturates and opioid pain killers can worsen the side effects of Gleedox Tablet.
- Avoid taking this Tablet if you are taking sleeping pills.
- Pyridoxine present in Gleedox tablets can reduce the effects of Levodopa, Phenobarb and Phenytoin.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Gleedox Tablet
- Store Gleedox Tablet below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat
- Keep Gleedox Tablet away from children and pets
- You should not flush this medicine in the toilet or pour it into the drain. You need to properly discard this medicine when it is expired or no longer needed
Dosage of Gleedox Tablet
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of Gleedox Tablet, take it as soon as you remember
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one
- Do not stop taking this Tablet without consulting your doctor
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: When to take Gleedox Tablet?
Q: Is Gleedox safe during pregnancy?
Q: What is Gleedox used for?
Q: Can Gleedox be taken empty stomach?
Q: Can I take 2 Gleedox tablets in one day?
Q: Does Gleedox make you sleepy?
Q: Is it necessary to take Gleedox during pregnancy?
Q: Is Gleedox is an antibiotic?
Q: Any lifestyle tips that might help me control my morning sickness?
- Moving too quickly or suddenly can trigger nausea right when you wake up hence taking time to get up.
- Take out time to relax and follow a stress management routine, as stress can affect your morning sickness.
- An empty stomach can trigger nausea, hence snack frequently with small meals throughout the day.
- Avoid spicy, acidic, and greasy foods as much as possible. Include food rich in protein and carbohydrates instead of fats.
- These can help you fight nausea.
- BONJESTA extended-release tablets, for oral use, USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 5 May 2022]
- Dailymed - DICLEGIS- doxylamine succinate and pyridoxine hydrochloride tablet, delayed release [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 5 May 2022]
- Gleedox tablet [Internet]. Gleedox.com.2022 [cited 5 May 2022]
- Doxylamine and Pyridoxine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 5 May 2022]
- Folate - Fact Sheet for Consumers [Internet]. Nccih.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 5 May 2022]