Fucidin Ointment 5gm
By SUN PHARMA
5g Ointment in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Fucidin 2 % Description
Fucidin ointment contains fusidic acid as its active medicine. It helps to treat infections caused by certain bacteria on the skin. Fucidin ointment is used for external application only and should be used only if prescribed by the doctor. It is not effective against fungal skin diseases. It should not be used in children below 1 year of age. There are few common side effects associated with this ointment are itching, dryness, redness or burning sensation at the site of application. Do not use this medicine in larger amounts or for longer than recommended.
|You Save||₹8.50 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Fusidic Acid(2.0 %)|
|Uses||Bacterial skin infection|
|Side effects||Stinging or burning sensations at the site of application, Itching Rashes and hives|
Check more medicines with composition as Fusidic Acid(2.0 %)
Uses of Fucidin 2 %
- Fucidin ointment is indicated for symptomatic relief in various skin conditions like eczema, dermatitis, impetigo.
- It is also helpful in treating bacterial infections of the nails, cuts, grazes and spots.
Contraindications of Fucidin 2 %
If you had a previous allergic reaction to the application of Fucidin ointment.
Side effects of Fucidin 2 %
- Irritation, pain, redness, stinging or burning sensations at the site of application
- Rashes and hives
- Swelling of the skin
Precautions and Warnings of Fucidin 2 %
Can I apply Fucidin ointment during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the use of this medicine during pregnancy. Hence, it is recommended not to use the same unless it is prescribed by your doctor.
Can I apply Fucidin ointment while breastfeeding?
A breastfeeding mother should use this medicine only under the doctor's recommendation. You must be careful to not apply the ointment on or near your breasts. In case if you need to use it on the breast, then please wash the area thoroughly before feeding your baby, as it may cause harm to the baby once it enters inside your baby's mouth.
Can I drive if I have applied Fucidin ointment?
The medicine is very unlikely to affect your ability to drive, as it is applied externally.
Can I consume alcohol with Fucidin ointment?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol along with this medicine. But it is recommended to consult your physician if you have a habit of drinking regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Apply the ointment carefully while using it on your face or near your eyes.
- Use the ointment only for the prescribed duration.
- Do not continue using Fucidin ointment for a long time.
- Avoid smoking and go near naked flames, as there are chances of severe burns.
- Prolonged use can lead to thinning of skin and skin damage.
- Avoid using it for more than 2 weeks, if your skin condition is not improving see your doctor.
Directions for Use of Fucidin 2 %
- Before applying Fucidin ointment, make sure your hands are washed clean.
- Take a little bit of the ointment on your clean hand and apply it to the affected area gently. Spread the ointment all over the area evenly in a thin layer.
- Rewash your hands after applying the ointment, so that you don't spread the infection to other areas of the body.
Storage and disposal of Fucidin 2 %
- Keep it at room temperature below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine out of children's reach.
Quick Tips of Fucidin 2 %
- Fucidin ointment is a topical antibiotic used for the treatment of bacterial infections of the skin like impetigo, eczema and dermatitis. It is also helpful in treating bacterial infections of the nails, cuts, grazes and spots....
- It should not be used for treating any other condition unless specified by the doctor.
- Fucidin ointment is meant for external use only and should not be ingested.
- Do not use more than the prescribed amount of this medicine or do not use it for longer periods of time than recommended by your doctor.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are to be treated.
- Before starting Fucidin ointment, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You must be careful to not apply the ointment on or near your breasts while breastfeeding.
- Also, inform your doctor about all other medicines that you are using and your complete medical history.
- Do not give this medicine to anyone else, even if they have the same condition as you do.
- Fucidin ointment can cause itching, rashes and hives However, not everyone who uses this ointment has these side effects
- It should not be used in children below 1 year of age.
Dosage of Fucidin 2 %
An excess application of Fucidin ointment at one time may not harm you as such. In case you swallow the ointment, please consult the doctor. If you observe any symptoms, please report to the hospital immediately....
Missed a Dose
A missed dose should be applied as soon as you remember. Please do not apply extra Fucidin ointment to compensate for the missed application.
Mode of Action of Fucidin 2 %
How Does It Work?
Fucidin ointment contains fusidic acid as its active component. It stops the bacteria from synthesizing their proteins. Without proteins, the bacteria are unable to grow. Hence, the bacteria die and the infection gets cured....
Interactions of Fucidin 2 %
Interactions with other medicines
Since this medicine is to be used externally on the skin it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions....
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Fucidin ointment for the nappy rash on my baby's skin?
A: Fucidin ointment is used to treat only bacterial infections. If you are not clear of the type of nappy rash on your baby's skin, then please consult the paediatrician and only then use the product.
Q: Is the use of Fucidin ointment okay for the bacterial infection on my child's hand?
A: Yes, Fucidin ointment can be used for children and adults alike only if prescribed by a dermatologist.
Q: What would I do if I accidentally got some Fucidin ointment in my eye?
A: Wash your eyes thoroughly with clean and cold water. If possible, use eye wash also. Your eye may sting a little. If the stinging sensation continues even after washing thoroughly, it is better to consult your pharmacist or doctor.
Q: What information should I give my physician before using Fucidin ointment?
A: Tell the doctor if you are allergic to Fucidin ointment usage or any other products which are applied on the skin. Also, give detailed information about your medical history and let him/her know about any surgeries you may have undergone. Do not forget to tell them about the herbal supplements or any other medicines you are using.
Q: Can I give Fucidin ointment to my friend experiencing the same symptoms as me?
A: Please do not give Fucidin ointment to anyone else without consulting the doctor. Even though you have similar symptoms, it's not necessary that both of you are infected by the same pathogen.
Q: Can Fucidin ointment be used on the face?
A: Our face skin is very delicate and thin. You should only use this ointment if the doctor prescribes and care should be taken to avoid the eyes, nose, and mouth as it may cause irritation.
Q: How long does Fucidin ointment take to work?
A: Your skin condition should improve within a few days after starting treatment. It is advised to carry on using this ointment for the prescribed duration even if you feel better. If you stop your treatment early, the infection could come back.
Q: How long can you use Fucidin ointment?
A: Treatment with Fucidin cream or ointment is usually for 1 or 2 weeks, although sometimes it can be for longer, depending upon the severity of the skin condition. Hence, it is advised not to use the same for longer than the prescribed duration, without consulting a doctor.
Q: Can Fucidin treat fungal infections?
A: No, Fucidin is not effective against fungal skin infection. It is intended for use in treating bacterial infections of the nails, cuts, grazes, spots and various skin conditions like eczema, dermatitis, impetigo.
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed