Fruselac Tablet Description
Fruselac tablet is used to treat oedema (swelling due to water retention in the body) associated with various conditions like heart, liver and kidney problems and resistant hypertension. It removes e
cess water and electrolytes from the body and maintains the potassium level in the blood. This medicine is a combination medicine containing furosemide and spironolactone as active ingredients. Fruselac tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. Before using the Fruselac tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹7.68 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Spironolactone(50.0 Mg) + Frusemide / Furosemide(20.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, stomach pain, nausea, vomiting|
Uses of Fruselac Tablet
Contraindications of Fruselac Tablet
- If you are allergic to furosemide, spironolactone or any other ingredients of Fruselac tablet.
- If you are allergic to sulphonamides like sulfadiazine or co-trimoxazole.
- If you have problems associated with the liver or kidney.
- If you have hepatic coma (brain damage due to disturbed liver functions).
- If you are dehydrated or have been told that you have a low blood volume.
- If you are unable to pass urine.
- If you have increased or decreased potassium or sodium level in your blood.
- If you have Addison's disease.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Fruselac Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Muscle cramps
Precautions and Warnings of Fruselac Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have liver or kidney, prostate problems or have difficulty in passing urine.
- You have low blood pressure, diabetes, gout or decreased blood sodium levels.
- You have high potassium levels or are on potassium supplements as it can lead to increased potassium levels in the blood and thus should be used with caution.
- You have a condition called lupus (systemic lupus erythematosus).
- You are an elderly patient, have dementia (impairment of memory, communication and thinking) and are on risperidone or are on other medicines that can cause a drop in blood pressure.
- Your doctor may advise frequent tests during the medication to monitor levels of electrolytes (sodium, potassium, creatinine and glucose) in the blood. You should inform the doctor or laboratory person that you are using Fruselac tablet....
- You are taking other water pills.
- You are above 65 years of age.
- Fruselac may produce vocal changes, so treatment consideration is taken into account for those who are associated with acting, singing and the teaching field.
- Fruselac tablet should not be used in children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Fruselac Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Furosemide is a diuretic that helps in removing extra water and electrolytes from the body. So, the overloading on the heart and liver decreases. It also removes potassium from the body.
- Spironolactone also being a diuretic, removes water but conserves potassium in the body. So, the effect on the potassium level gets balanced. By decreasing load on the heart, this medicine helps in treating conditions like oedema associated with resistant hypertension, heart, liver or adrenal gland problems....
Directions for Use of Fruselac Tablet
Interactions of Fruselac Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Fruselac tablet works or the Fruselac tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for brain-related disorders....
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Fruselac Tablet
- Store Fruselac tablets below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Fruselac Tablet
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Fruselac tablet cure acne?
Q: Is Fruselac tablet habit-forming?
Q: Is Fruselac tablet a steroid?
Q: What is the composition of Fruselac tablet?
Q: What is the use of Fruselac tablet?
- Lasilactone 20 mg/50 mg Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]
- Lasilactone Tablet [Internet]. Sanofi.in. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]
- Lasilactone 20 mg/50 mg Capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]