Lasilactone 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
2 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Lasilactone 50 tablet is used to treat oedema associated with various conditions like heart, liver and kidney problems and resistant hypertension. Lasilactone 50 tablet is a combination of furosemide and spironolactone as active ingredients. This medicine removes excess water and electrolytes from the body and maintains the potassium level in the blood. Do not consume Lasilactone 50 tablet, if you are allergic to it, have low blood pressure, dehydration, liver or kidney problems, or if you are a child, pregnant woman and breastfeeding mother. Do not stop taking this medicine without informing your doctor. Dehydration, headache, nausea, dizziness and weakness are some common side effects that you may experience with this medicine. Most of these side effects are temporary. However, if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, you should contact your doctor immediately. Inform your doctor about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from before starting this medicine.
Uses of Lasilactone 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Lasilactone 50 tablet is used in the treatment of oedema (swelling due to water retention in the body) associated with an kidney (adrenal gland) problem, heart and liver problems. It is also used to treat resistant hypertension, a condition in which the blood pressure remains high despite the simultaneous use of three hypertension medicines.
Contraindications of Lasilactone 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to furosemide, spironolactone or any other ingredients of Lasilactone 50 Tablet.
- If you are allergic to sulphonamides like sulfadiazine or co-trimoxazole.
- If you have problems associated with the liver or kidney.
- If you have hepatic coma (brain damage due to disturbed liver functions).
- If you are dehydrated or have been told that you have a low blood volume.
- If you are unable to pass urine.
- If you have increased or decreased potassium or sodium level in your blood.
- If you have Addison's disease.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Lasilactone 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Muscle cramps
- Skin rash
- Hearing problems
- Irregular heartbeats
- Altered electrolyte levels
Precautions and Warnings of Lasilactone 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Lasilactone 50 tablet during pregnancy?
Lasilactone 50 tablet should not be used during pregnancy as it may cause harm to the unborn baby. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or planning to have a baby.
Can I take Lasilactone 50 tablet while breastfeeding?
Lasilactone 50 tablet passes into breastmilk and may harm your baby. Hence, this medicine should not be used during breastfeeding. Consult your doctor before using this medicine while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Lasilactone 50 tablet?
Lasilactone 50 tablet may make you dizzy, feel sleepy and may also reduce alertness. You should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Lasilactone 50 tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with Lasilactone 50 tablet as it increases the chance of liver damage and side effects of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver or kidney, prostate problems or have difficulty in passing urine.
- You have low blood pressure, diabetes, gout or decreased blood sodium levels.
- You have high potassium levels or are on potassium supplements as it can lead to increased potassium levels in the blood and thus should be used with caution.
- You have a condition called lupus (systemic lupus erythematosus).
- You are an elderly patient, have dementia (impairment of memory, communication, and thinking) and are on risperidone or are on other medicines that can cause a drop in blood pressure.
- Your doctor may advise frequent tests during the medication to monitor levels of electrolytes (sodium, potassium, creatinine and glucose) in the blood. You should inform the doctor or laboratory person that you are using Lasilactone 50 tablet.Read less
- You are taking other water pills.
- You are above 65 years of age.
- Lasilactone may produce vocal changes, so treatment consideration is taken into account for those who are associated with acting, singing and the teaching field.
- Lasilactone 50 Tablet should not be used in children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Lasilactone 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Furosemide is a diuretic that helps in removing extra water and electrolytes from the body. So, the overloading on the heart and liver decreases. It also removes potassium from the body.
- Spironolactone also being a diuretic, removes water but conserves potassium in the body. So, the effect on the potassium level gets balanced. By decreasing load on the heart, this medicine helps in treating conditions like oedema associated with resistant hypertension, heart, liver or adrenal gland problems.Read less
Directions for Use of Lasilactone 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Take Lasilactone 50 tablet with a glass of water, preferably with food. Swallow the whole tablet, do not break, cut or chew it. Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you. Take it regularly and at a fixed time. Do not consume it more than the prescribed duration.
Interactions of Lasilactone 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Lasilactone tablet works, or Lasilactone tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder.Read less
Interactions with food items
Lasilactone 50 tablet should be taken along with food as food increases the effectiveness of this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Lasilactone 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Lasilactone 50 tablets below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Lasilactone 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Excess of Lasilactone 50 tablet will lead to kidney damage, blood clotting, decreased blood volume and paralysis. The symptoms of overdose are dehydration, sleepiness, excessive urination, reduced alertness, confusion, disturbed heart rhythm, low blood pressure and altered brain functions. If you experience any symptoms of overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Missing a dose of Lasilactone 50 tablet may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment. If you miss any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Are Lactic acid bacillus tablet and Lasilactone 50 tablet the same?
A: No, both are different medicines. Lactic acid bacillus tablet is used to maintain a normal bacterial level in the stomach for proper digestion of food. Lasilactone 50 tablet is a diuretic medicine that removes excess water and electrolytes from the body while maintaining the potassium balance.
Q: What is better- tapping fluid or taking Lasilactone 50 tablet?
A: You should always consult a doctor. After a careful clinical examination, he/she will decide the best treatment option for individual patients.
Q: Can Lasilactone 50 tablet cure acne?
A: Lasilactone 50 tablet is used to treat oedema or swelling in various body parts due to resistant hypertension, liver cirrhosis, hyperaldosteronism (overproduction of aldosterone), and chronic heart failure. You should not use this tablet without consulting a doctor.
Q: Is Lasilactone 50 tablet habit-forming?
A: No habit-forming tendencies were found with Lasilactone 50 tablet.
Q: Can I stop taking Lasilactone 50 tablet on my own?
A: No, you should never stop taking Lasilactone 50 tablet until advised by a doctor even if you are feeling good as it may lead to treatment failure and produce side effects as well.
Q: Will Lasilactone 50 tablet make me sleepy?
A: No, Lasilactone 50 tablet is not found to cause sleepiness but this medicine can make you feel light-headed, weak and dizzy. If you experience these symptoms, you should rest till you feel better and avoid driving or operating heavy machinery.
Q: What should I inform the doctor before taking Lasilactone 50 tablet?
A: Lasilactone 50 tablet is a combination of Furosemide and Spironolactone, which help to eliminate extra water and salt from the body due to conditions like high blood pressure, liver cirrhosis, chronic heart failure and hyperaldosteronism. Before taking Lasilactone 50 tablet, inform your doctor if you are allergic to Furosemide and Spironolactone, you are suffering from kidney disease, liver disease, gout, diabetes, an autoimmune disorder known as lupus, low levels of potassium, sodium, taking other water pills, aged above 65 years and suffering from impaired memory and thinking ability. Also, inform your doctor about your past surgeries and other medical histories.
Q: Can I take Lasilactone 50 tablet if I am pregnant?
A: No, Lasilactone 50 tablet are contraindicated in pregnancy and during the breastfeeding phase, as it may have undesired effects on the developing foetus or the newborn.
Q: Is Lasilactone 50 tablet a steroid?
A: No, Lasilactone 50 Tablet is not a steroid. It is a diuretic medicine used to reduce oedema, hypertension, which removes excess fluid from the body.
Other Products from this Brand
|You Save||₹7.31 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Spironolactone(50.0 Mg),Frusemide / Furosemide(20.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, stomach pain, nausea, vomiting|
Last Updated on: 04 May 2021 | 10:25 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 25% Off on first medicine order
Flat Rs.150 instant discount on HDFC Bank Debit and Credit cards
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved