Lasilactone 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Lasilactone 50 tablet is used to treat oedema (swelling due to water retention in the body) associated with various conditions like heart, liver and kidney problems. It is also helpful in resistant h
ypertension. Lasilactone 50 works by removing excess water and electrolytes from the body. This tablet also maintains the potassium level in the blood. Lasilactone is a combination medicine containing furosemide and spironolactone as active ingredients. It should be taken as directed by the doctor. It must be taken in correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. Some common side effects of this medicine are headache, nausea, vomiting and stomach pain, but not everybody gets them. These side effects normally go away with time. But if you feel the side effects persist, you should consult your doctor. Before using the Lasilactone, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of LASILACTONE 50MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
Contraindications of LASILACTONE 50MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- If you are allergic to furosemide, spironolactone or any other ingredients of Lasilactone 50 Tablet.
- If you are allergic to sulphonamides like sulfadiazine or co-trimoxazole.
- If you have problems associated with the liver or kidney.
- If you have hepatic coma (brain damage due to disturbed liver functions).
- If you are dehydrated or have been told that you have a low blood volume.
- If you are unable to pass urine.
- If you have increased or decreased potassium or sodium level in your blood.
- If you have Addison's disease.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of LASILACTONE 50MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- Stomach pain
- Muscle cramps
Precautions and Warnings of LASILACTONE 50MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
Other General Warnings
- You have liver or kidney, prostate problems or have difficulty in passing urine.
- You have low blood pressure, diabetes, gout or decreased blood sodium levels.
- You have high potassium levels or are on potassium supplements as it can lead to increased potassium levels in the blood and thus should be used with caution.
- You have a condition called lupus (systemic lupus erythematosus).
- You are an elderly patient, have dementia (impairment of memory, communication and thinking) and are on risperidone or are on other medicines that can cause a drop in blood pressure.
- Your doctor may advise frequent tests during the medication to monitor levels of electrolytes (sodium, potassium, creatinine and glucose) in the blood. You should inform the doctor or laboratory person that you are using Lasilactone 50 tablet....
- You are taking other water pills.
- You are above 65 years of age.
- Lasilactone may produce vocal changes, so treatment consideration is taken into account for those who are associated with acting, singing and the teaching field.
- Lasilactone 50 Tablet should not be used in children below 18 years of age.
Directions for Use of LASILACTONE 50MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
Storage and disposal of LASILACTONE 50MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- Store Lasilactone 50 tablets below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Quick Tips of LASILACTONE 50MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- Lasilactone 50mg tablet is a diuretic also known as a water pill, that causes frequent urination. It is used in the treatment of oedema, and swelling due to water accumulation in the body associated with kidney, heart, and liver problems. It is also helpful in resistant hypertension and maintains the potassium level in the blood. This tablet contains a combination of furosemide and spironolactone as active ingredients....
- Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as recommended by your doctor. Do not take more than the prescribed dose.
- Before starting Lasilactone tablet, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant, or breastfeeding. Also, inform your doctor about all other medicines that you take and your complete medical history....
- This medicine should not be given to adults above 65 years of age unless advised by your doctor.
- Excess salt and potassium should be avoided in your diet. While taking Lasilactone 50 mg tablet, you should exercise regularly and avoid alcohol and smoking.
- Dehydration, headache, stomach pain, weakness, and nausea/vomiting may occur in some individuals with the use of this tablet. Inform your doctor if these effects bother you or do not go away.
- If you experience dizziness or sleepiness after taking Lasilactone 50 tablet, it is recommended to avoid driving, operating heavy machinery, or performing any such tasks that require mental alertness.
- You must maintain a healthy diet that is low in salt and high in fruits and vegetables.
Dosage of LASILACTONE 50MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of LASILACTONE 50MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
How Does It Work?
- Furosemide is a diuretic that helps in removing extra water and electrolytes from the body. So, the overloading on the heart and liver decreases. It also removes potassium from the body.
- Spironolactone also being a diuretic, removes water but conserves potassium in the body. So, the effect on the potassium level gets balanced. By decreasing load on the heart, this medicine helps in treating conditions like oedema associated with resistant hypertension, heart, liver or adrenal gland problems....
Interactions of LASILACTONE 50MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Lasilactone tablet works or the Lasilactone tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for brain-related disorders....
Interactions with food items
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Are Lactic acid bacillus tablet and Lasilactone 50 tablet the same?
Q: What is better- tapping fluid or taking Lasilactone 50 tablet?
Q: Can Lasilactone 50 tablet cure acne?
Q: Is Lasilactone 50 tablet habit-forming?
Q: Will Lasilactone 50 tablet make me sleepy?
Q: What should I inform the doctor before taking Lasilactone 50 tablet?
Q: Can I take Lasilactone 50 tablet if I am pregnant?
Q: Is Lasilactone 50 tablet a steroid?
Q: Can I take the lasilactone 50 on an empty stomach?
Q: Can I discontinue taking the Lasilactone 50 if my blood pressure comes in control?
Q: What is Lasilactone 50 tablet used for?
Q: What is the best time to take Lasilactone?
Q: How long can Lasilactone be taken?
Q: What is the work of Lasilactone 50?
Q: Can Lasilactone be taken along with other statins?
Q: What are the side effects of Lasilactone?
Q: Which is better lasilactone or tide plus?
Q: What is the dose of lasilactone?
Q: Can Lasilactone cause dehydration?
- Lasilactone 20 mg/50 mg Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 December 2021]
- Lasilactone Tablet [Internet]. Sanofi.in. 2021 [cited 12 December 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 12 December 2021]
- Lasilactone 20 mg/50 mg Capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 December 2021]