Forxiga 5mg Tablet
Forxiga 5 MG Description
Forxiga Tablet is an anti-diabetic medicine containing dapagliflozin as the active ingredient. It is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes along with diet and exercise. Forxiga lowers high blood
sugar levels by excreting excess blood sugar through urine. Take this medicine as prescribed and for the duration that it is prescribed by your doctor. Do not skip the meal, take small but frequent meals. Before starting treatment with this medicine you should inform your doctor about your previous health, medical history, pregnancy, breastfeeding and also if you are on any medication. You must follow a healthy diet and exercise along with the medicine. An individual with uncontrolled diabetes is at increased risk of various health complications such as eye, kidney and nerve problems, heart diseases and stroke.
- Dapabite 5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Corona Remedies Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 108.90₹ 92.5665.21% CHEAPER₹ 9.26/Tablet
- Dapalex 5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Ajanta Pharma Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 140.00₹ 120.4054.77% CHEAPER₹ 12.04/Tablet
- T2c 5mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Ipca Laboratories15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 225.00₹ 191.2552.1% CHEAPER₹ 12.75/Tablet
- Flozimax 5mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Alniche Lifesciences Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 145.00₹ 130.5067.32% CHEAPER₹ 8.7/Tablet
- Dexiglu 5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Fusion Health Care10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 153.00₹ 130.0551.13% CHEAPER₹ 13.01/Tablet
- Udapa 5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Usv Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 126.50₹ 107.5259.62% CHEAPER₹ 10.75/Tablet
- Damita 5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 120.75₹ 102.6461.46% CHEAPER₹ 10.26/Tablet
- Daparyl 5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 118.00₹ 100.3062.32% CHEAPER₹ 10.03/Tablet
- Dapa Cose 5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy J B Chemicals And Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 109.95₹ 94.5664.46% CHEAPER₹ 9.46/Tablet
- Dapamac 5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 120.75₹ 102.6461.46% CHEAPER₹ 10.26/Tablet
Uses of Forxiga 5 MG
Contraindications of Forxiga 5 MG
Side effects of Forxiga 5 MG
- Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia)
- Genital infections
- Increase in frequency of urination
- Painful urination
- Back pain
Precautions and Warnings of Forxiga 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have type 1 diabetes, where the body does not produce any insulin.
- You have a liver or kidney disease.
- You have fever, nausea or vomiting or infection of the urinary tract.
- You are taking medicines for high blood pressure and have a history of low blood pressure.
- Your blood sugar levels are high, leading to dehydration.
- You have stomach pain, excessive thirst, fast and deep breathing, confusion, unusual sleepiness or tiredness, a sweet smell to breathe, a sweet or metallic taste in the mouth, or different odour urine or sweat or rapid weight loss. If you find these symptoms, then immediately inform your doctor....
- You have pain, tenderness, redness, or swelling of the genitals or the area between the genitals and the anus.
Mode of Action of Forxiga 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Forxiga 5 MG
Interactions of Forxiga 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Forxiga Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Taking medicine used to remove water from the body (Diuretic), along with this medicine, can cause excessive water loss.
- Inform your doctor if you are on other medicines for diabetes like insulin or a sulfonylurea. Your doctor shall adjust their dose when prescribing Forxiga Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Forxiga 5 MG
- Store Forxiga Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight and moisture.
- Keep out of the sight and reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Forxiga 5 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Forxiga Tablet along with insulin?
Q: Can I take Forxiga Tablet if I have kidney disease?
Q: Does Forxiga Tablet cause loss of body weight?
Q: How Forxiga Tablet works?
Q: Does Forxiga Tablet is useful in type 1 diabetes mellitus?
- Forxiga 10 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]
- Forxiga 10 mg film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]