Foracort 200mcg Rotacaps
Foracort 200mcg Rotacaps Description
Foracort 200 rotacaps is used to relieve symptoms of asthma and COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) like wheezing, shortness of breath, chest tightness, etc. It is a combination medicine con
taining formoterol and budesonide. It works by reducing the inflammation in the airways and relaxing these muscles. It should be used as prescribed and not discontinued unless it is advised by your doctor as sudden stoppage can worsen your condition. You may experience headaches, nausea, vomiting, cough, irritation in the throat and palpitations after taking this medicine. Report to the doctor if you observe any white patches in your mouth or experience any discomforts or new symptoms while using Foracort 200 rotacaps.
Uses of Foracort 200mcg Rotacaps
Contraindications of Foracort 200mcg Rotacaps
- If you are known to be allergic to formoterol, budesonide or any other components of Foracort 200 rotacaps.
- If you are suffering from acute breathlessness as seen in a severe attack of asthma or COPD or cases of a collapsed airway.
Side effects of Foracort 200mcg Rotacaps
- Stomach discomfort
- Back pain
- Sore throat
- Hoarseness of voice
- Respiratory tract infections
- Fungal infection in the mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Foracort 200mcg Rotacaps
Other General Warnings
- You have severe liver problems.
- You have diabetes or a lung infection.
- You have problems with your heart like high blood pressure, heart failure, etc.
- Your asthma condition is suddenly worsening.
- You have an overactive thyroid gland.
- You have a low blood potassium level.
- You feel that the treatment is ineffective.
- You are on any medicines that suppress immunity; there is an increased chance of developing infections. Necessary vaccinations and care should be taken to avoid this.
- Orally inhaled steroidal medicines may cause growth retardation in children. Hence, growth monitoring is recommended.
- Keep taking Foracort rotacaps as prescribed even if your symptoms go away. Your doctor will reduce your dose when required.
- Abruptly stopping the medicine can be dangerous and should be strictly avoided.
Mode of Action of Foracort 200mcg Rotacaps
How Does It Work?
- Foracort 200 Rotacap works by the combined action of Formoterol and Budesonide.
- Budesonide is a corticosteroid medicine which on inhalation reduces inflammation in the airways in a dose-dependent manner, thus, reduces the chances of worsening asthma.
- Formoterol acts on the muscles in the airway tract. In the presence of inflammation (like in asthma), these muscles lead to constriction of the airway and causing breathlessness.
- Formoterol relaxes these muscles, thereby facilitating the opening of the airway and thus relieving breathlessness.
Directions for Use of Foracort 200mcg Rotacaps
- Take Foracort 200 mcg rotacaps exactly as recommended by your doctor. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- Rotacaps must not be swallowed.
- These capsules should be placed into a rotahaler.
- Read the instructions on the label or leaflet before use.
- Rinse your mouth with water after each use in order to prevent infection in the mouth and throat.
Interactions of Foracort 200mcg Rotacaps
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Foracort 200 rotacaps along with medicines such as Ketoconazole (anti-fungal medicine), Ritonavir (used in HIV infection) and Clarithromycin (antibiotic) should be avoided as it may alter the effects of this medicine....
- Effects of this medicine can be weakened by some medicines used to control blood pressure or treat heart-related illnesses like Propranolol, Atenolol and others belonging to the same class.
- Concomitant treatment with Quinidine, Disopyramide, Procainamide, Phenothiazines, Antihistamines (like Terfenadine), medicines used in psychiatric illness like Isocarboxazid, Doxepin can lead to increased chances of developing disorders related to the heart rhythm....
- You may be at an increased risk of experiencing cardiac side effects when taking L-Dopa (used in Parkinson’s diseases), L-thyroxine (thyroid hormone) along with this medicine.
- Medicines like Procarbazine (anti-cancer) can lead to a rise in blood pressure if used simultaneously with this medicine. It is important to inform your anaesthetist about your asthma medications to avoiding interactions of Foracort with some anaesthetic agents (like Diazepam, Amobarbital)....
- Low potassium levels caused due to Foracort may lead to increased chances of heart disorders if you are taking Digitalis (used for heart failure). Also, water-pills except the potassium-sparing ones lead to lowering of potassium in the body and caution is advised if you are taking these along with Foracort rotacaps....
Storage and disposal of Foracort 200mcg Rotacaps
Dosage of Foracort 200mcg Rotacaps
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Foracort contain steroids?
Q: Is Foracort 200 rotacaps safe during pregnancy?
Q: Is Foracort 200 rotacaps a reliever or controller?
Q: Does Foracort 200 rotacaps contain anabolic steroids?
Q: When should I stop using the Foracort 200 rotacaps?
Q: Are Foracort rotacaps steroids?
Q: What is Foracort Rotacaps used for?
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before starting treatment with Foracort Rotacaps?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have heart, liver or kidney disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
- Foracort Rotacaps may interact with other medicines, hence, inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines, including supplements or herbal products. Also, inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicine....
Q: Can I drink water after using Foracort?
Q: Can I take Antifungal medicine along with Foracort rotacaps?
Q: Can I stop taking Foracort rotacaps on my own?
Q: What are the common side effects of Foracort Rotacaps?
Q: Does Foracort relieve a sudden asthma attack?
- FORACORT Rotacaps (Formoterol fumarate dihydrate + Budesonide) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 3 February 2022]
- Symbicort Turbohaler 200/6 Inhalation powder - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 3 February 2022]
- Symbicort Turbohaler 200/6 Inhalation powder - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 3 February 2022]
- Dailymed - BUDESONIDE AND FORMOTEROL FUMARATE DIHYDRATE aerosol [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 3 February 2022]
- SYMBICORT® (budesonide and formoterol fumarate dihydrate) Inhalation Aerosol, for oral inhalation use, USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 3 February 2022]
Other Products from this Brand
- Foracort 6 200 Mcg Box Of 120 Md Metered Dose Inhaler
- Foracort 400 Mcg Box Of 120 Md Metered Dose Inhaler
- Foracort 400 Mcg Rotacaps 30 S
- Foracort 0 5 Mg Packet Of 5 2 Ml Respules
- Foracort 200 Mcg Synchrobreathe With Dose Counter Box Of 120 Md Metered Dose Inhaler
- Foracort 1 Mg 2 Ml Packet Of 5 Respules
- Foracort Forte Rotacaps
- Foracort 400 Mcg Synchrobreathe With Dose Counter Box Of 120 Md Metered Dose Inhaler
- Foracort 100 Mcg Rotacaps