Foracort 200mcg Rotacaps
By CIPLA LIMITED
30 Rotacap(s) in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Foracort 200 rotacaps is used to relieve symptoms of asthma and COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) like wheezing, shortness of breath, chest tightness, etc. It is a combination medicine cont
aining formoterol and budesonide. It works by reducing the inflammation in the airways and relaxing these muscles. It should be used as prescribed and not discontinued unless it is advised by your doctor as sudden stoppage can worsen your condition. You may experience headaches, nausea, vomiting, cough, irritation in the throat and palpitations after taking this medicine. Report to the doctor if you observe any white patches in your mouth or experience any discomforts or new symptoms while using Foracort 200 rotacaps....
Uses of Foracort 200mcg Rotacaps
Foracort 200 rotacaps is used in patients with asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) to relieve symptoms such as coughing, wheezing, breathing difficulty, chest tightness, etc.
Contraindications of Foracort 200mcg Rotacaps
- If you are known to be allergic to formoterol, budesonide or any other components of Foracort 200 rotacaps.
- If you are suffering from acute breathlessness as seen in a severe attack of asthma or COPD or cases of a collapsed airway.
Side effects of Foracort 200mcg Rotacaps
- Stomach discomfort
- Back pain
- Sore throat
- Hoarseness of voice
- Respiratory tract infections
- Fungal infection in the mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Foracort 200mcg Rotacaps
Can I take Foracort 200 rotacaps during pregnancy?
You should consult your doctor before using Foracort 200 rotacaps as there is limited information about its safety during pregnancy. Your doctor will only prescribe you this medicine if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take Foracort 200 rotacaps while breastfeeding?
Components of this medicine pass into human milk, thus, you should consult your doctor before using Foracort 200 rotacaps during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Foracort 200 rotacaps?
Foracort has no or negligible influence on the ability to drive and use machines, however, it may make you a little dizzy. Hence, you should be cautious.
Can I consume alcohol with Foracort 200 rotacaps?
It is recommended to avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with Foracort as it may worsen your condition.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have severe liver problems.
- You have diabetes or a lung infection.
- You have problems with your heart like high blood pressure, heart failure, etc.
- Your asthma condition is suddenly worsening.
- You have an overactive thyroid gland.
- You have a low blood potassium level.
- You feel that the treatment is ineffective.
- You are on any medicines that suppress immunity; there is an increased chance of developing infections. Necessary vaccinations and care should be taken to avoid this.
- Orally inhaled steroidal medicines may cause growth retardation in children. Hence, growth monitoring is recommended.
- Keep taking Foracort rotacaps as prescribed even if your symptoms go away. Your doctor will reduce your dose when required.
- Abruptly stopping the medicine can be dangerous and should be strictly avoided.
Mode of Action of Foracort 200mcg Rotacaps
How Does It Work?
- Foracort 200 Rotacap works by the combined action of Formoterol and Budesonide.
- Budesonide is a corticosteroid medicine which on inhalation reduces inflammation in the airways in a dose-dependent manner, thus, reduces the chances of worsening asthma.
- Formoterol acts on the muscles in the airway tract. In the presence of inflammation (like in asthma), these muscles lead to constriction of the airway and causing breathlessness.
- Formoterol relaxes these muscles, thereby facilitating the opening of the airway and thus relieving breathlessness.
Directions for Use of Foracort 200mcg Rotacaps
- Take Foracort 200 mcg rotacaps exactly as recommended by your doctor. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- Rotacaps must not be swallowed.
- These capsules should be placed into a rotahaler.
- Read the instructions on the label or leaflet before use.
- Rinse your mouth with water after each use in order to prevent infection in the mouth and throat.
Interactions of Foracort 200mcg Rotacaps
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Foracort 200 rotacaps along with medicines such as Ketoconazole (anti-fungal medicine), Ritonavir (used in HIV infection) and Clarithromycin (antibiotic) should be avoided as it mayalter the effects of this medicine....Read more
- Effects of this medicine can be weakened by some medicines used to control blood pressure or treat heart-related illnesses like Propranolol, Atenolol and others belonging to the same class.
- Concomitant treatment with Quinidine, Disopyramide, Procainamide, Phenothiazines, Antihistamines (like Terfenadine), medicines used in psychiatric illness like Isocarboxazid, Doxepin can lead to increased chances of developing disorders related to the heart rhythm....Read more
- You may be at an increased risk of experiencing cardiac side effects when taking L-Dopa (used in Parkinson’s diseases), L-thyroxine (thyroid hormone) along with this medicine.
- Medicines like Procarbazine (anti-cancer) can lead to a rise in blood pressure if used simultaneously with this medicine. It is important to inform your anaesthetist about your asthma medications to avoiding interactions of Foracort with some anaesthetic agents (like Diazepam, Amobarbital)....Read more
- Low potassium levels caused due to Foracort may lead to increased chances of heart disorders if you are taking Digitalis (used for heart failure). Also, water-pills except the potassium-sparing ones lead to lowering of potassium in the body and caution is advised if you are taking these along with Foracort rotacaps....Read more
Storage and disposal of Foracort 200mcg Rotacaps
Store Foracort rotacaps below 30°C in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture, and heat. Keep it away from children and pets. Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush
in the toilet or throw it into the drain....
Dosage of Foracort 200mcg Rotacaps
The symptoms of overdose are headache, nausea, vomiting, palpitations, increased heartbeats, increased blood glucose, low potassium levels and change in the rhythm of the heart. If you experience any
of the symptoms or think you have taken more than the required dose of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you miss any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a doub
le dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Foracort contain steroids?
A: Foracort 200 rotacaps contains two medicines - Formoterol and Budesonide of which, Budesonide is a steroid.
Q: Is Foracort 200 rotacaps safe during pregnancy?
A: There is limited information about the safety of Foracort 200 rotacaps during pregnancy. However, your doctor may give you Foracort 200 rotacaps only if it is needed and the advantage overweighs the risk. You should always consult a doctor before taking any medication during pregnancy.
Q: Is Foracort 200 rotacaps a reliever or controller?
A: Foracort 200 rotacaps can be used both as a controller as well as a reliever medication.
Q: Does Foracort 200 rotacaps contain anabolic steroids?
A: Budesonide which is a component of Foracort is a glucocorticoid and not an anabolic steroid.
- FORACORT Rotacaps (Formoterol fumarate dihydrate + Budesonide) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 28 July 2021]
- Symbicort Turbohaler 200/6 Inhalation powder - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 28 July 2021]
- Symbicort Turbohaler 200/6 Inhalation powder - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 28 July 2021]
- Dailymed - BUDESONIDE AND FORMOTEROL FUMARATE DIHYDRATE aerosol [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 28 July 2021]
- SYMBICORT® (budesonide and formoterol fumarate dihydrate) Inhalation Aerosol, for oral inhalation use, USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 28 July 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
- Foracort 200 Mcg Inhaler
- Foracort 0 5 Mg Packet Of 5 2 Ml Respules
- Foracort 400 Mcg Rotacaps 30 S
- Foracort 1 Mg Packet Of 5 2 Ml Respules
- Foracort 400 Mcg Inhaler
- Foracort 200 Mcg Synchrobreathe With Dose Counter Bottle Of 120 Md
- Foracort 400 Mcg Synchrobreathe With Dose Counter Bottle Of 120 Md
- Foracort 100 Mcg Rotacaps
- Foracort 100 Mcg Inhaler
Last Updated on: 25 Aug 2021 | 08:42 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Get FLAT ₹150 instant discount via select ICICI debit and credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved