Folitrax 50mg Injection 2ml
By IPCA LABORATORIES
2ml Injection in Vial
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
The composition of Folitrax 50mg Injection 2ml includes methotrexate which kills tumour cells, cancer cells and suppresses the immune system.
Uses of Folitrax 50mg Injection 2ml
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Various cancers like breast and lung cancer
- As a single agent or in combination with anti-cancer medicines
Contraindications of Folitrax 50mg Injection 2ml
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women
- Allergy to methotrexate
- Severe kidney or liver disease
- Reduced platelets and white blood cell count
- Recently received a live vaccine
- Mouth ulcers
Side effects of Folitrax 50mg Injection 2ml
- Mouth ulcers
- Menstrual problems
- Skin rash
- Persistent cough
- Joint or muscle pain
- Stomach pain
- Swelling of feet
- Yellowing of skin (liver damage)
- Fever with chills
- Unusual bleeding
- Blurred vision
- Temporary Hair Loss
- Loss of appetite
- Difficulty in passing urine
- Nausea or vomiting
- Decrease in white blood cells
Precautions and Warnings of Folitrax 50mg Injection 2ml
Can I take Folitrax 50mg Injection 2ml during pregnancy?
This medicine should not be given during pregnancy as human and animal studies have shown that it has severe teratogenic effects on the fetus, and may even cause fetal death. If you are a woman of childbearing age and require this medicine, strictly use contraception and avoid pregnancy.
Can I take Folitrax 50mg Injection 2ml while breastfeeding?
Folitrax 50mg Injection 2ml passes through the breast milk to the infant and can cause severe side effects. Hence it should not be taken while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have taken Folitrax 50mg Injection 2ml?
The injection may cause blurred vision, dizziness and drowsiness. Avoid driving till your vision is clear.
Can I consume alcohol with Folitrax 50mg Injection 2ml?
Avoid taking alcohol with this medicine as it increases the risk of liver damage.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Inform your physician if you have renal disease, stomach ulcers, diabetes mellitus, any infections, or have received any live vaccines
- Do not plan for a baby for at least 6 months after stopping this medicine
- If you complain of cough with blood or pink sputum, inform your physician immediately
- Do not taken extra doses of this medicine
- Get regular health check ups done if you are taking this medicine for a long time.
Mode of Action of Folitrax 50mg Injection 2ml
How Does It Work?
The uses of Folitrax 50mg Injection 2ml include inhibiting or slowing down the growth of cancer cells and suppressing the immune system. In the case of rheumatoid arthritis, the medicine aids in decreasing the body's immune system activity, which results in decrease in swelling, pain and stiffness and improve in body function. This medicine also slows down the rapid growth of skin cells.
Directions for Use of Folitrax 50mg Injection 2ml
- Folitrax 50mg Injection 2ml is to be given as an injection only
- Before use, check the vial for visible particles or discolouration
- Discard the medicine if any particles are found
- Follow the instructions given by your physician
Interactions of Folitrax 50mg Injection 2ml
Interactions with other medicines
- When used with Folitrax 50mg Injection 2ml, NSAIDs like ibuprofen, aceclofenac, acemetacin, diclofenac cause severe and fatal bone marrow suppression, aplastic anaemia, gastrointestinal toxicity
- Radiotherapy along with this medicine increases the risk of cell death in bones and soft tissues
- Methotrexate should not be used with live vaccines and cyclosporins
Interactions with food items
There is no known interaction with food.
Other general Interactions
This medicine should not be taken if you have liver disease, kidney disease, stomach ulcers, mouth ulcers, blood dyscrasias like anaemia, low platelet and white blood cell count.
Storage and disposal of Folitrax 50mg Injection 2ml
Store Folitrax 50mg Injection 2ml at room temperature, away from excess heat and moisture. Keep the vial out of sight and reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Folitrax 50mg Injection 2ml
If you have taken an overdose of this medicine, you will experience diarrhoea, vomiting, gastrointestinal bleeding, severe bone marrow suppression, liver toxicity. You may also complain of sudden shortness of breath, dry, persistent cough, fever. A single overdose can also prove to be fatal.
Missed a Dose
In case you miss your regular dose, take it as soon as you remember. Stick to the dose as mentioned by your physician.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the precautions that I need to take before taking Folitrax 50mg Injection 2ml?
A: Continuous use of this medicine causes liver damage, including cirrhosis, which can be fatal. High doses of this medicine damage the kidneys leading to renal failure. If you have psoriasis or rheumatoid arthritis along with alcoholism, alcoholic liver disease or any other chronic liver disease, you may not be suitable for treatment using this medicine. If you have immunodeficiency syndrome, or blood deficiency disorders like anaemia, leokopenia, or thrombocytopenia, then you should not take this medicine.
Q: Do I need to follow any dietary restrictions while taking Folitrax 50mg Injection 2ml?
A: No, you can continue your usual dietary routine. Consult your physician for further information.
Q: Why do I need to get regular health check ups done while taking Folitrax 50mg Injection 2ml?
A: In order to monitor toxicity, periodic laboratory tests and regular clinical follow-up is a must. Inform your physician immediately in case you experience Folitrax 50mg Injection 2ml} side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, nausea, vomiting, joint pains, liver toxicity, etc.
Q: Can I use Folitrax 50mg Injection 2ml for my child as well?
A: No, you should not use this injection without a proper prescription from your physician. Consult your physician for more information.
Other Products from this Brand
- Folitrax 10 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Folitrax 7 5 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Folitrax 5 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Folitrax 2 5 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Folitrax 25 Mg Injection 1 Ml
- Folitrax 15 Mg Injection 1 Ml
- Folitrax 20 Mg Strip Of 4 Tablets
- Folitrax 25 Mg Strip Of 4 Tablets
- Folitrax 20 Mg Injection 1 Ml
- Folitrax 15 Mg Tablet
- Folitrax 7 5 Mg Injection
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 06:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved