Folitrax 25mg Injection 1ml
By IPCA LABORATORIES
1ml Injection in Ampoule
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Folitrax 25mg Injection 1ml is a type of medication that is used to kill cells in cancers and tumours. It also suppresses the immune system. The generic name of this medicine is methotrexate.
Uses of Folitrax 25mg Injection 1ml
- Breast and lung cancers
- Either used as single medicine or in combination with other anti-cancer medications
- Rheumatoid arthritis
Contraindications of Folitrax 25mg Injection 1ml
- Allergic reaction to medicines-containing methotrexate
- Severe lung and kidneys ailments
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women
- Low platelet counts in the blood
- Reduced white blood cells
- Mouth ulcers
- Live vaccines
Side effects of Folitrax 25mg Injection 1ml
- Mouth ulcers
- Menstrual problems
- Rashes on the skin
- Pain in joints and muscles
- Stomach pain
- Persistent cough
- Unusual bleeding
- Blurred vision
- Temporary hair loss
- Swelling of the feet
- Yellowish skin due to liver damage
- Fever with chills
- Nausea and vomiting
- Decreased white blood cells
- Loss of appetite
- Difficulty in passing urine
Precautions and Warnings of Folitrax 25mg Injection 1ml
Can the injection be administered during pregnancy?
Research on animals and humans have shown that the side effects of Folitrax 25mg Injection 1ml, if used during pregnancy, are congenital disabilities and even miscarriage. Hence, this medicine should be entirely avoided during pregnancy. Women of child-bearing age should use contraceptives when they are on the prescription of this injection.
Can this injection be administered during breastfeeding?
No, this use of this injection should be strictly avoided during breastfeeding.
Can I drive after the administration of the medicine?
The side effects of taking Folitrax 25mg Injection 1ml include dizziness and drowsiness. So if you observe such symptoms after its administration, strictly avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol after the administration of the medicine?
Alcohol intake should be avoided during the course of this injection as it could cause damage to the liver.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have mouth ulcers, kidney ailments, diabetes mellitus and any other infections or have taken a live vaccine recently
- You notice blood or pink colour sputum when you cough
- You should not conceive for at least six months after stopping the injection as it could affect the sperm and egg production
- The overdose of the injection should be strictly avoided. In case you are taking the injection for a long term, go for regular health checkup/follow-up
Mode of Action of Folitrax 25mg Injection 1ml
How Does It Work?
The composition of Folitrax 25mg Injection 1ml either slows down or stops the growth of cancer cells and suppresses the immune system. For patients with rheumatoid arthritis, it reduces the activity of the body's immune system. This reduces swelling, pain and stiffness and improves the functioning of the body. It also slows down the rapid growth of skin cells.
Directions for Use of Folitrax 25mg Injection 1ml
Ask your doctor for the correct dosage of Folitrax 25mg Injection 1ml. Do not self-medicate. This injection is to be administered by a healthcare expert only.
Interactions of Folitrax 25mg Injection 1ml
Interactions with other medicines
- This injection should not be administered with certain non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as ibuprofen, aceclofenac, acemetacin and diclofenac as it can lead to fatal bone marrow suppression, aplastic anaemia (where the body stops making new blood cells) and gastrointestinal toxicityRead less
- The injection may cause the death of soft tissues and bones if used along with radiotherapy
- Live vaccines
- Cyclosporine (that is used in organ transplant surgeries)
Interactions with food items
Adequate information is not available to suggest any interactions of this injection with food.
Other general Interactions
Individuals with severe lung and kidneys ailments, low platelet counts in the blood, reduced white blood cells and mouth ulcers should avoid the administration of this injection. Pregnancy and breastfeeding women are also strictly advised not to go for this injection. Please consult your doctor for alternative medication as per your condition.
Storage and disposal of Folitrax 25mg Injection 1ml
The injection should be kept in room temperature far away from excess heat, moisture and the reach of children. Unused and expired injections should be properly discarded by following the standard methods.
Dosage of Folitrax 25mg Injection 1ml
The overdose of Folitrax 25mg Injection 1ml can lead to diarrhoea, vomiting, gastrointestinal bleeding, severe bone marrow suppression, liver toxicity (if the patient is prone to liver disease), sudden shortness of breath, dry and persistent cough and fever. In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately as sometimes it is known to be fatal.
Missed a Dose
Strictly adhere to the provided dosage instructions. However, if you miss its administration, contact your healthcare expert immediately. He/she will make the dose adjustments accordingly. Dosage is very crucial in terms of strength and duration. Its administration should be done by a healthcare expert only and self-medication should be avoided at any cost.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precaution should be taken before beginning treatment with the medicine?
A: The use of the medicine for a long time period can increase the risk of psoriasis, which could be fatal. High doses of this injection can damage the kidneys. For people with psoriasis and rheumatoid arthritis, this injection may not be suitable if they are alcoholic and suffer from other chronic liver ailments. Individuals with an immunodeficiency system, blood deficiency disorders like anaemia (with low blood cell count), leukopenia (low white blood cells counts) and thrombocytopenia (low platelet counts) are recommended to apprise their respective conditions to the doctor prior the administration of this injection.
Q: Are there any specific instructions for the storage of the medicine?
A: The injection should be kept in room temperature far away from excess heat, moisture and the reach of children.
Other Products from this Brand
- Folitrax 10 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Folitrax 15 Mg Tablet
- Folitrax 7 5 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Folitrax 5 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Folitrax 2 5 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Folitrax 20 Mg Strip Of 4 Tablets
- Folitrax 25 Mg Strip Of 4 Tablets
- Folitrax 50 Mg Injection 2 Ml
- Folitrax 15 Mg Injection 1 Ml
- Folitrax 20 Mg Injection 1 Ml
- Folitrax 7 5 Mg Injection
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 10:07 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved