Flutibact Oint 10gm
By GLAXOSMITHKLINE PHARMA
10g Ointment in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Flutibact Ointment is a combination of two medicines, namely Fluticasone, a steroid medicine and Mupirocin, a topical antibiotic medicine. It works by decreasing swelling, itching, redness and treating bacterial infection, which is a combined action of these two medicines. It is used for the topical treatment of steroid-responsive problems of skin with associated bacterial infections due to these skin problems.
Uses of Flutibact Oint 10gm
Flutibact Ointment is used to treat problems of skin associated with bacterial infections.
Contraindications of Flutibact Oint 10gm
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have red and visible blood vessels on the face.
- If you have pimples over the face or body.
- If you have a skin problem around the mouth.
- If you have itching with no swelling.
- If you have itching in the genital area and anal area.
- If you have viral or fungal infections of the skin.
- If you have bacterial skin infections without any other skin problems.
Side effects of Flutibact Oint 10gm
Itching or burning sensation at the site of application.
Precautions and Warnings of Flutibact Oint 10gm
Can I use Flutibact Ointment during pregnancy?
Flutibact Ointment is to be applied on topical surfaces and the quantities which might get absorbed from the skin is too little and there are rare chances of absorption. Still, this medicine should be used under medical supervision by a pregnant woman.
Can I use Flutibact Ointment while breastfeeding?
Flutibact Ointment is to be applied on topical surfaces and the quantities which might get absorbed from the skin are too little and there are rare chances of absorption. It should not be applied to the breast of breastfeeding mothers or elsewhere on large areas of skin or for a prolonged period.
Can I drive if I have applied Flutibact Ointment?
Flutibact Ointment does not hamper your driving abilities.
Can I consume alcohol with Flutibact Ointment?
Alcohol is not known to interact with Flutibact Ointment. However, if you consume alcohol too often, discuss it with your doctor.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have skin irritation after using this medicine
- You have loose motions or cramps in the stomach
- You have kidney disease
- You have a skin problem called psoriasis
- You have a fungal or viral infection of the skin
- You have a long duration of leg ulcers
Mode of Action of Flutibact Oint 10gm
How Does It Work?
- Fluticasone works by decreasing swelling, itching and redness by inhibiting the productions of a certain chemical in the body.
- Mupirocin is an antibiotic medicine and works by destroying the cell membrane of infection-causing bacteria, which results in stopping the growth of bacteria.
Directions for Use of Flutibact Oint 10gm
- Use Flutibact Ointment as directed by your doctor.
- For external use only. Apply it on a healthy skin surface, free from cuts and wounds.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Flutibact Oint 10gm
Interactions with other medicines
Since Flutibact Ointment is to be used externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions.
Storage and disposal of Flutibact Oint 10gm
- Store Flutibact Ointment at a temperature not greater than 25°c in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Flutibact Oint 10gm
- As Flutibact Ointment is meant for external application, cases of overapplication are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
- If you have applied extra quantities of it, wipe out the excess of the medicine with tissue or cotton.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed applying Flutibact Ointment, apply it as soon as possible. Do not over-apply this medicine to compensate for the missed application.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precaution should I take while using Flutibact Ointment?
- This medicine should not be applied on the face for a long duration.
- Avoid medicine to enter in eyes if applying this medicine on eyelids.
- If this medicine enters in eyes, wash eyes thoroughly with water.
Q: Can Flutibact Ointment be applied on the face?
A: Flutibact Ointment can be applied on the face in certain skin conditions but it should not be used for a long duration.
Q: Can Flutibact Ointment be used for the treatment of pimples?
A: Flutibact Ointment should not be used to treat pimples as it can worsen pimples.
Q: Can Flutibact Ointment be used in babies?
A: Flutibact Ointment should not be used in babies of age less than 3-months for any skin problem, including diaper rash.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 08 Nov 2020 | 12:19 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved