Flonida 5% Cream
Flonida 5 % Description
Flonida 5 % cream contains fluorouracil, which belongs to a class of anti-cancer medicine. It is used to treat skin problems (including cancerous or pre-cancerous conditions). It is meant for externa
l use only and should be used exactly as directed by the doctor. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Flonida 5 % cream.
|You Save||₹40.05 (15% on MRP)|
Uses of Flonida 5 %
Contraindications of Flonida 5 %
- If you are allergic to fluorouracil or any of the other ingredients of Flonida 5 % cream.
- If you are pregnant or are breast-feeding a child.
- If you have any skin conditions such as redness, irritation, open pores on the skin.
- If you are using antiviral nucleoside medicines like brivudine and analogues.
- It is not recommended for use under the age of 18 years.
Side effects of Flonida 5 %
- Side effects with Flonida 5 % cream are mostly rare but you may experience skin reactions such as skin redness, skin irritation, skin dryness, skin burning, skin swelling, skin pain or change in skin colour that may occur at the site where it is applied....
- Eye irritation like eye-stinging or watery eye.
- Trouble sleeping, feeling irritated, temporary loss of hair or abnormal taste in the mouth.
- You should consult your doctor immediately if any of these rare serious side effects like stomach pain, bloody diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, fever, chills, continuous sore throat, mouth sores, bruising or bleeding, rash, itching or swelling (of the face, tongue or throat), low blood count, dizziness, difficulty breathing or headache occur....
Precautions and Warnings of Flonida 5 %
Other General Warnings
- You have an enzyme deficiency such as dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase – DPD.
- You have a history of skin conditions such as skin redness, irritation or open cuts.
- You are taking medicines such as brivudine, sorivudine or analogues or excipients like stearyl alcohol and propylene glycol as it may alter the effects of fluorouracil.
- You have undergone any UV radiation therapy, as it should be avoided while taking this medicine.
- You have an existing injury without having signs and symptoms of any disease, may become more visible while taking this disease.
- You have some severe skin discomfort that increases while taking this medicine.
- You should avoid smoking or going near a fire, as this may increase the possibility of skin burns.
- You should avoid getting tanned, as this medicine can make our skin more sensitive to the sun. You should use sunscreen.
- Flonida 5 % cream should not be used in children due to insufficient information about its safety.
Mode of Action of Flonida 5 %
How Does It Work?
- Flonida 5 % cream damages the cancerous and pre-cancerous cells and has little effect on normal cells.
- When you use this medicine, the area of the skin that you are treating will become red and you may also notice swelling, some discomfort, tearing of skin and will then heal. This shows that the medicine works....
Directions for Use of Flonida 5 %
- Use Flonida 5 % cream as directed by the doctor.
- It is meant for external use only.
- You need to clean the skin and dry it well before applying this cream on the skin.
- Apply it on a healthy skin surface. Avoid applying on cuts and wounds.
- You should wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying it.
- You should not apply this cream on open cuts.
- Avoid contact with the eyes and mouth. If you do apply it by mistake, then wash it thoroughly with water and visit your doctor or the hospital.
Interactions of Flonida 5 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Since this medicine is to be used externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions....
- Use of Flonida 5 % cream along with antiviral nucleoside medicines like brivudine and analogues should be avoided as it may be harmful.
Storage and disposal of Flonida 5 %
- Store below 30°C protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Flonida 5 %
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use sunscreen while using Flonida 5 % cream?
- Yes, you can use sunscreen, but you should use it 2 hours after using Flonida 5 % cream.
- You should avoid using other creams or lotions.
- If you still experience any burns, you should visit your doctor.