Flonida 5% Cream
By A.MENARINI INDIA
10g Cream in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Flonida 5 % cream contains fluorouracil, which belongs to a class of anti-cancer medicine. It is used to treat skin problems (including cancerous or pre-cancerous conditions). It is meant for external
use only and should be used exactly as directed by the doctor. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Flonida 5 % cream....
Uses of Flonida 5% Cream
Flonida 5 % cream is used on the skin to treat pre-cancerous (may develop into cancer) and cancerous skin growth.
Contraindications of Flonida 5% Cream
- If you are allergic to fluorouracil or any of the other ingredients of Flonida 5 % cream.
- If you are pregnant or are breast-feeding a child.
- If you have any skin conditions such as redness, irritation, open pores on the skin.
- If you are using antiviral nucleoside medicines like brivudine and analogues.
- It is not recommended for use under the age of 18 years.
Side effects of Flonida 5% Cream
- Side effects with Flonida 5 % cream are mostly rare but you may experience skin reactions such as skin redness, skin irritation, skin dryness, skin burning, skin swelling, skin pain or change in skincolour that may occur at the site where it is applied....Read more
- Eye irritation like eye-stinging or watery eye.
- Trouble sleeping, feeling irritated, temporary loss of hair or abnormal taste in the mouth.
- You should consult your doctor immediately if any of these rare serious side effects like stomach pain, bloody diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, fever, chills, continuous sore throat, mouth sores, bruisingor bleeding, rash, itching or swelling (of the face, tongue or throat), low blood count, dizziness, difficulty breathing or headache occur....Read more
Precautions and Warnings of Flonida 5% Cream
Can I apply Flonida 5 % cream during pregnancy?
Flonida 5 % cream must be avoided during pregnancy, as there is limited information. Proper birth control measures should be taken while consuming it. You should consult your doctor before using this cream if you think you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby.
Can I apply Flonida 5 % cream while breastfeeding?
There is no information on the presence of Fluorouracil in human milk, but due to the potential risk associated with it, this medicine should be avoided during breastfeeding. Please consult your doctor before using this cream while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have applied Flonida 5 % cream?
Flonida 5 % cream is a topical preparation and may not affect the driving ability or ability to handle machinery.
Can I consume alcohol if I have applied Flonida 5 % cream?
There is no information about the effects of this medicine on alcohol, but excessive consumption of alcohol should be avoided.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have an enzyme deficiency such as dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase – DPD.
- You have a history of skin conditions such as skin redness, irritation or open cuts.
- You are taking medicines such as brivudine, sorivudine or analogues or excipients like stearyl alcohol and propylene glycol as it may alter the effects of fluorouracil.
- You have undergone any UV radiation therapy, as it should be avoided while taking this medicine.
- You have an existing injury without having signs and symptoms of any disease, may become more visible while taking this disease.
- You have some severe skin discomfort that increases while taking this medicine.
- You should avoid smoking or going near a fire, as this may increase the possibility of skin burns.
- You should avoid getting tanned, as this medicine can make our skin more sensitive to the sun. You should use sunscreen.
- Flonida 5 % cream should not be used in children due to insufficient information about its safety.
Mode of Action of Flonida 5% Cream
How Does It Work?
- Flonida 5 % cream damages the cancerous and pre-cancerous cells and has little effect on normal cells.
- When you use this medicine, the area of the skin that you are treating will become red and you may also notice swelling, some discomfort, tearing of skin and will then heal. This shows that the medicine works....Read more
Directions for Use of Flonida 5% Cream
- Use Flonida 5 % cream as directed by the doctor.
- It is meant for external use only.
- You need to clean the skin and dry it well before applying this cream on the skin.
- Apply it on a healthy skin surface. Avoid applying on cuts and wounds.
- You should wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying it.
- You should not apply this cream on open cuts.
- Avoid contact with the eyes and mouth. If you do apply it by mistake, then wash it thoroughly with water and visit your doctor or the hospital.
Interactions of Flonida 5% Cream
Interactions with other medicines
- Since this medicine is to be used externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions....Read more
- Use of Flonida 5 % cream along with antiviral nucleoside medicines like brivudine and analogues should be avoided as it may be harmful.
Storage and disposal of Flonida 5% Cream
- Store below 30°C protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Flonida 5% Cream
As Flonida 5 % cream is meant for external application cases of overdose is unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have appl
ied extra quantities of it, then wipe out the excess of the medicine with tissue or cotton....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed applying Flonida 5 % cream, then apply it as soon as possible. Do not overapply this medicine to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use sunscreen while using Flonida 5 % cream?
- Yes, you can use sunscreen, but you should use it 2 hours after using Flonida 5 % cream.
- You should avoid using other creams or lotions.
- If you still experience any burns, you should visit your doctor.
Q: Can Flonida 5 % cream be used in children?
A: No, Flonida 5 % cream is not recommended for use in children.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 20 Mar 2021 | 09:46 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved