Ferisan S 100mg Injection
Ferisan S 100mg Injection Description
Ferisan S 100mg Injection contains iron sucrose as active ingredient. It is used to treat iron-deficiency, also termed as anemia. This medicine restores the decrease level of iron in the body. Avoid
taking Ferisan S 100mg Injection if you have any allergic reaction to any other iron medicines. Before starting with Ferisan S 100mg Injection , inform your doctor about all other medicines you are consuming. This will be given in a hospital or clinic by a nurse or the doctor. Do not self-inject.
Uses of Ferisan S 100mg Injection
Contraindications of Ferisan S 100mg Injection
- If you are allergic to iron sucrose or any other ingredients of Ferisan S 100mg Injection .
- If you have a severe allergic reaction to other iron medicines.
- If you have anemia, which is not caused due to iron-deficiency.
- If you have excessive iron in your body.
- If you have a problem with how your body uses iron.
Side effects of Ferisan S 100mg Injection
- Stomach pain
- Pain in the muscle, limbs, joints
- site pain, swelling, redness, itching
- site bleeding
Precautions and Warnings of Ferisan S 100mg Injection
- There is limited information about the effects of this in human pregnancy, especially during the first three months of pregnancy.
- Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a child.
- This passes into human milk. Since the baby may be exposed to medicine, consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of having an allergy to the medicine.
- You have an immune system disease called lupus.
- You have swelling or pain in your joints.
- You have severe asthma or other allergies.
- You have any infections.
- You have problems with your liver.
- This is not recommended for children.
Mode of Action of Ferisan S 100mg Injection
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Ferisan S 100mg Injection
- This will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an .
- Do not self-inject this medicine.
Interactions of Ferisan S 100mg Injection
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of iron sucrose along with other iron medicines taken by mouth should be avoided as it may alter the effects of the medicine. You should use iron medicine taken by mouth at least 5-days after the iron ....
- You should tell your doctor or pharmacist about all the other medicines or herbal products you are using.
Storage and disposal of Ferisan S 100mg Injection
- Store below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep this away from children and pets.
- This should be used immediately after opening.
- Do not use this if you notice the contents are of a different colour in any way or if particles are present.
- You should not flush this in the toilet or pour them into the drain. You need to properly discard this medicine when it is expired or no longer needed.
Dosage of Ferisan S 100mg Injection
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is iron-deficiency or anemia?
Q: What are the food sources of iron?
- Lean meat, seafood and chicken
- Iron-protected breakfast cereals and bread
- White beans, lentils, spinach, kidney beans, and peas
- Nuts and some dried fruits, such as raisins
Q: Is Ferisan S 100mg Injection safe in pregnancy?
- Venofer (iron sucrose) 20 mg iron / ml, solution for injection or concentrate for solution for infusion - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 23 June 2022]
- Venofer (iron sucrose) 20 mg iron / ml, solution for injection or concentrate for solution for infusion - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 23 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. cdsco.gov. 2022 [cited 23 June 2022]
- Drugs H. Iron Sucrose Injection: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 23 June 2022]