Femara 2.5mg Tablet
By NOVARTIS INDIA LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Femara 2.5 mg tablet is an anti-cancer medicine containing letrozole as its active ingredient. It is used in treating advanced breast cancer in postmenopausal women. This medicine should be taken as i
nstructed by your doctor. The dose and frequency will be decided by your doctor. Swallow it with a glass of water with or without water. Never miss any dose or consume it more than what is recommended. Before using Femara 2.5 mg tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
Uses of Femara 2.5mg Tablet
Femara 2.5 mg tablet is used in postmenopausal women for the treatment of advanced breast cancer.
Contraindications of Femara 2.5mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to letrozole or any other ingredients of Femara 2.5 mg tablet.
- If you still get your periods.
- If you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
- If you are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Femara 2.5mg Tablet
- Hot flushes (Sudden feeling of warmth)
- Increased sweating
- Skin rashes
Precautions and Warnings of Femara 2.5mg Tablet
Can I take Femara 2.5 mg tablet during pregnancy?
Femara 2.5 mg tablet is meant to be used only after menopause. It must not be used during pregnancy as it may harm the unborn baby. You must take proper birth control measures while consuming it, as you may still have the potential to become pregnant during treatment.
Can I take Femara 2.5 mg tablet while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if letrozole passes into breastmilk. Hence, you should not use Femara 2.5 mg tablet while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Femara 2.5 mg tablet?
Femara 2.5 mg tablet may make you dizzy. Thus, you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Femara 2.5 mg tablet?
There is no known interaction with alcohol and Femara 2.5 mg tablet. However, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of regular drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from any liver or kidney diseases.
- You have any disease that affects the strength of your bones.
- You experience tendon pain or swelling while on treatment with Femara 2.5 mg tablet.
- Your periods have not yet stopped, and you have not yet gone through menopause. Your doctor might ask you to confirm your menopause by performing some blood tests if it cannot be clinically confirmed.
- Femara 2.5 mg tablet is not recommended for patients below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Femara 2.5mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Letrozole in Femara 2.5 mg tablet works by reducing the level of a natural female hormone known as oestrogen that is produced in the body. Eventually, stopping the growth of the cancer cells, which de
pend on oestrogen for its growth....
Directions for Use of Femara 2.5mg Tablet
- Femara 2.5 mg tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Femara 2.5mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Femara 2.5 mg tablet may interact with other medications and provide an altered response to the treatment. Please notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, over-the-counter medications (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....Read more
- Concomitant use of Femara 2.5 mg tablet along with tamoxifen (used to prevent breast cancer) should be avoided as it may alter its effects.
- Other medicines like phenytoin, clopidogrel should be used with caution along with Femara 2.5 mg tablet.
Interactions with food items
Femara 2.5 mg tablet can be taken with or without food.
Storage and disposal of Femara 2.5mg Tablet
- Store Femara 2.5 mg tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Femara 2.5mg Tablet
Seek urgent medical attention in case you have consumed too much of Femara 2.5 mg tablet.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of Femara 2.5 mg tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Femara 2.5 mg tablet?
A: Femara 2.5 mg tablet is used in postmenopausal women for the treatment of advanced breast cancer.
Q: How to take Femara 2.5 mg tablet?
A: Femara 2.5 mg tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water with or without food. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
Q: Should Femara 2.5 mg tablet be taken with or without food?
A: Femara 2.5 mg tablet can be taken with or without food.
Q: Does Femara 2.5 mg tablet cause addiction?
A: No, Femara 2.5 mg tablet is not an addiction causing medicine. However, it should be used as per dose and duration prescribed by your doctor.
Q: How long to take Femara 2.5 mg tablet?
A: The dose and duration of Femara 2.5 mg tablet will depend on the response to treatment. Follow your doctor's instructions and do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
Q: Can Femara 2.5 mg tablet be used in children?
A: No, Femara 2.5 mg tablet should not be used in children and adolescents as there is limited safety information available.
- Femara 2.5 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 August 2021]
- Femara 2.5 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 August 2021]
- CDSCO - Letrozole [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 18 August 2021]
- Letrozole: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 18 August 2021]
- Letrozole [Internet]. Pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 18 August 2021]
- Letrozole - Medicine - NHS [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2021 [cited 18 August 2021]
Last Updated on: 18 Aug 2021 | 01:14 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved