Fefol Z Capsule
By GLAXOSMITHKLINE PHARMA
15 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Fefol Z Capsule Description
Fefol-Z capsule is a nutritional supplement that contains vitamin B9 (Folic acid), iron and zinc. These nutrients are required by the body for optimal functioning. This capsule treats anaemia caused
due to iron and folic acid deficiency. The supplement replenishes the iron and folic acid stores in the body, aids in improving the symptoms of deficiency. It improves the oxygen supply to the part of the body. Fefol Z helps to improve the immunity, oxygen supply to muscles, energy levels, overall health and well-being of an individual. Deficiencies occur due to illness, pregnancy, poor nutrition, digestive disorders and other conditions.
|You Save||₹25.84 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Iron(50.0 Mg) + Zinc(22.5 Mg) + Vitamin B9 / Folic Acid / Folate(0.5 Mg)|
|Uses||Iron deficiency anemia, Vitamin B deficiency|
Check more medicines with composition as Iron(50.0 Mg) + Zinc(22.5 Mg) + Vitamin B9 / Folic Acid / Folate(0.5 Mg)
1 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Fefol Z Capsule
- Cofol Z Strip Of 15 CapsulesBy Cipla Gx15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 155.65₹ 132.309.63% CHEAPER₹ 8.82/Capsule
Uses of Fefol Z Capsule
- Fefol capsule is used for iron deficiency anaemia.
- It prevents iron, folic acid and zinc deficiencies during pregnancy, breastfeeding, after surgery or nutritional malabsorption.
Precautions and Warnings of Fefol Z Capsule
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have an existing medical condition like diabetes, hypertension, kidney or liver problem.
- You are taking medications, supplements or following complementary or integrative health approaches.
- You must not take the supplement if you are allergic to the component of the supplement.
- You have a planned surgery or operation, you may have to stop taking these products at least 2-3 weeks ahead of the procedure.
- Dietary supplements are intended to supplement the diets of some people and must not be a substitute for a well-balanced, varied diet and a healthy lifestyle.
Ingredients and Benefits of Fefol Z Capsule
- Fefol Z contains a combnation of vitamin B9 (Folic acid), iron and zinc, as its active ingredient.
- Vitamin B9 or Folic acid: It is a vitamin that plays a vital role in DNA and amino acid synthesis. It is used for cell division and the development of blood cells. It is for the development of the brain and spinal cord of a growing baby and lack of this during pregnancy leads to birth defects....
- Iron: It is a mineral that the body requires. It is important for haemoglobin (Hb) formation (present in red blood cells). Haemoglobin takes oxygen from the lungs to the body. It is a part of myoglobin that supplies oxygen to muscles. It plays a significant role in immunity, the formation of hormones and regulating body temperature....
- Zinc: It is for immune function, wound healing, blood clotting, thyroid function, proper vision and proper growth and development during childhood, adolescence and pregnancy. It is for insulin production in the body. Deficiency in pregnancy leads to preterm delivery, low birth weight and malformations in the baby. It is important for a proper sense of taste and smell....
Directions for Use of Fefol Z Capsule
- Take Fefol-Z Capsule as advised by the doctor. You must not consume more vitamin and mineral supplements more than the stated daily dose.
- Avoid taking it with tea or coffee.
Storage and disposal of Fefol Z Capsule
- Store Fefol-Z Capsule at a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away from children.
Dosage of Fefol Z Capsule
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Which foods are rich in iron and folic acid?
A: Foods like seafood, green leafy vegetables like spinach, nuts, beans, peas, orange, resins, etc. Seafood like lobster, crabs & oysters are a good source of zinc are rich in folic acid and iron.
Q: What are the side effects associated with Fefol-Z Capsule?
A: Fefol Z usually has no side effects if taken in recommended dose and duration. The side effects are skin rashes, loss of appetite, stomach discomforts, diarrhoea and vomiting if consumed in excess.
Q: Does Fefol-Z interact with other medicines?
- Medicines used to treat indigestion like antacids, medicines used to treat bacterial infections like chloramphenicol and medicines used to treat bone problems like bisphosphonates must be taken with a minimum gap of two hours....
- Inform the doctor if you are taking medicines like Phenytoin (used to treat epilepsy), Methotrexate (used to treat cancer), Sulfasalazine (used to treat ulcers) and water pill.
Q: Is Fefol-Z Capsule safe during pregnancy?
A: Fefol-Z Capsule must be taken under medical supervision by a pregnant woman. The supplement is necessary for the development of the foetus and well being of pregnant women. High dose consumption of the supplement may be harmful. It is recommended to take the supplement as prescribed by the doctor.
Q: When should I take Fefol-Z?
A: Taken with or without a meal, but it must be taken at a fixed time to gain optimum benefit. Take it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not break, crush or chew the capsule.
Q: What is the composition of Fefol-Z Capsule?
A: The composition of Fefol-Z Capsule includes vitamin B9 (Folic acid), iron and zinc.
Q: How long can I safely take Fefol-Z Capsule?
A: Take the supplement as long as prescribed by the doctor. Do not stop taking the supplements in between or for the betterment of the symptoms.
Q: What is the best time to take Fefol Z?
A: The best time to take Fefol Z is after a meal or snack. Also, it is advisable to take it regularly as per the schedule suggested by your physician for best results. Taking the medicine regularly at the right times increases its effectiveness.
- Office of dietary supplements - folate [Internet]. [cited 4 March 2022]
- CDC. Folic acid helps prevent neural tube defects [Internet]. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]
- Office of dietary supplements - iron [Internet]. [cited 4 March 2022]
- Office of dietary supplements - zinc [Internet]. [cited 4 March 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you