Falcigo 120mg Injection
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
10ml Injection in Dry Vial
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Falcigo 120mg Injection contains Artesunate, which is an antimalarial medicine used to treat severe malaria. Your doctor will add other antimalarial medicines along with this injection to treat your malaria infection completely. Headache, nausea, discomfort are some common side effects of Falcigo injection. However, these are temporary and go away on their own.
Uses of Falcigo 120mg Injection
Falcigo 120mg Injection is used for the treatment of severe malaria in adults and children.
Contraindications of Falcigo 120mg Injection
If you are allergic to Artesunate or any other ingredient of Falcigo 120mg Injection.
Side effects of Falcigo 120mg Injection
- Sickness (nausea)
- Abdominal pain or discomfort
- Blood-related abnormalities (low red blood cell count, low platelet count)
- Rashes, itching, swelling on face, breathing difficulty
Precautions and Warnings of Falcigo 120mg Injection
Can I take Falcigo 120mg Injection during pregnancy?
Limited information is available on the use of Falcigo Injection in pregnant women. Use in pregnancy is not recommended.
Can I take Falcigo 120mg Injection while breastfeeding?
Components of Falcigo injection pass into breastmilk. Use of this injection during breastfeeding should be avoided.
Can I drive if I have taken Falcigo 120mg Injection?
Falcigo 120mg Injection does not affect your ability to drive but you should avoid driving till you get well completely.
Can I consume alcohol with Falcigo 120mg Injection?
Alcohol is not known to interact with Falcigo 120mg Injection. However, if you consume alcohol too often, discuss it with your doctor.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience rashes, itching, swelling on face and inside the mouth, difficulty in breathing, inform your doctor immediately.
- You may be asked for regular blood tests as this medicine may disturb some blood counts.
- You have any other health condition.
Mode of Action of Falcigo 120mg Injection
How Does It Work?
Falcigo 120mg Injection contains Artesunate which inhibits the growth and survival of malaria parasites even in cases where quinine has failed to respond. However, this injection alone is not enough and should be given along with some other antimalarial medicines for complete and effective control of infection.
Directions for Use of Falcigo 120mg Injection
- Falcigo 120mg Injection will be given by a doctor or nurse in a hospital/clinic.
- Do not self-inject. Follow any aftercare instructions given by the doctor/nurse.
Interactions of Falcigo 120mg Injection
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant administration with medicines such as ritonavir, nevirapine, rifampin, carbamazepine and phenytoin decreases the blood concentration of Falcigo 120mg Injection.
- Medicines like axitinib, vandetanib, imatinib and diclofenac should be given with caution as they may increase the adverse effects of Falcigo 120mg Injection.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines or herbal supplements that you are taking before starting this injection.
Storage and disposal of Falcigo 120mg Injection
Store Falcigo 120mg Injection at a temperature of 20° to 25°C. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets. Discard any unused medicine.
Dosage of Falcigo 120mg Injection
- Falcigo 120mg Injection will be given by a doctor or nurse. Thus, the chances of overdose are unlikely. However, if you experience any discomfort or specific symptoms, inform your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital.read less
Missed a Dose
It is unlikely that the dose of Falcigo 120mg Injection will be missed if you are monitored in a healthcare set up. However, if you have missed taking any dose of this injection, inform your doctor or nurse immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Falcigo 120mg Injection?
A: Falcigo 120mg Injection is an antimalarial medicine.
Q: Is Falcigo 120mg Injection effective in the treatment of quinine resistant malaria?
A: Yes, Falcigo 120mg Injection is effective in cases of quinine resistance.
Q: How to use Falcigo 120mg Injection?
A: Falcigo 120mg Injection is available as a white powder in a vial, which comes with a diluent liquid in another vial. Your doctor/nurse will mix it properly and administer the medicine as intravenous bolus slowly.
Q: Within what duration of time should constituted Falcigo 120mg Injection be given as injection?
A: Administer the constituted solution of Falcigo 120mg Injection within 1.5 hours of constitution with the supplied diluent.
Q: Is Falcigo 120mg Injection effective in treating all types and stages of malaria parasite?
A: No, Falcigo 120mg Injection is ineffective against hypnozoite liver stage forms of Plasmodium. Hence, another antimalarial medicine is given along with this for complete cure of infection.
Last Updated on: 19 Mar 2021 | 04:13 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved