Ezact Mr Tablet
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Uses of Ezact Mr Tablet
- Ezact Mr Tablet is used to treat pain, swelling and inflammation caused due to muscle spasm which occurs in different conditions like lower back pain, contraction of the muscles of the neck, muscle weakness conditions due to trauma, brain and spinal cord problems.Read less
- It is also used to treat painful and inflammatory conditions related to joint problems like Osteoarthritis (damage to the joint cushioning), rheumatoid arthritis (pain, stiffness, swelling and loss of movement of joints), gout (pain, redness of joints due to deposition of mineral crystals), ankylosing spondylitis (an inflammatory disease affecting the spine and other large joints of the body).Read less
Contraindications of Ezact Mr Tablet
- If you are allergic to Etoricoxib or Thiocolchicoside or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have stomach or intestinal ulcers, bleeding from ulcers.
- If you have any problems with your liver and kidney.
- If you had or have heart problems like heart failure, heart attack, bypass surgery or stroke.
- If you have high blood pressure that has not been previously controlled.
- If you have any inflammatory bowel disease like Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis or colitis.
- If you have a history of ulcer or bleeding previously.
- If you have an allergy to painkillers (NSAIDs) like aspirin or Ibuprofen.
- If you're pregnant, planning to have a baby or are breastfeeding.
- If you are below 16 years of age.
Side effects of Ezact Mr Tablet
- Stomach pain/discomfort
Precautions and Warnings of Ezact Mr Tablet
Can I take the Ezact Mr Tablet during pregnancy?
- Ezact Mr Tablet should not be taken during pregnancy as it may harm your unborn child.
- When pregnancy is detected, this medicine should be discontinued immediately.
- Proper birth control measures should be taken while consuming it.
- If you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning for a baby, you should consult your doctor before starting this medicine.
Can I take the Ezact Mr Tablet while breastfeeding?
Ezact Mr Tablet passes in the breastmilk. Women taking this medicine should not breastfeed as newborn babies are very sensitive to the harmful effects of this medicine. You should consult your doctor before using this medicine while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Ezact Mr Tablet?
You may experience visual disturbances, inability to recognise objects properly, sleepiness, dizziness while on treatment with the Ezact Mr Tablet. Thus, you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with the Ezact Mr Tablet?
It is unsafe to consume alcohol with the Ezact Mr Tablet as it may worsen the side effects of this medicine in the long term. This medicine also disturbs liver functioning. Hence, you should avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You had or have stomach bleeding or ulcer.
- You are suffering from liver or kidney problems.
- You have high blood pressure, your doctor may need to check your blood pressure more often.
- You have infections (as this medicine may mask the fever associated with it).
- You have diabetes, high cholesterol and smoking habits (as it may increase the chances of a heart problem).
- You have fits (as it increases the chances of convulsions).
- You are suffering from vomiting or diarrhoea and are dehydrated.
- You have swelling due to water retention (excess fluid) in the body.
- You have a history of heart problems (like a heart-pumping problem or other diseases related to the heart). Your doctor may ask you to come for follow-up frequently to check blood pressure and other heart functions.Read less
- You are over 65 years of age.
- You are pregnant, planning to have a baby or are breastfeeding.
- This medicine should not be given to children below 16 years of age.
Mode of Action of Ezact Mr Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Certain substances, when released in the body, produce pain and inflammatory condition in the body. So, the affected area becomes red, painful and swollen. Etoricoxib belongs to a group of medicine that blocks the effect of inflammatory chemicals. So, all the symptoms related to it improves gradually.Read less
- The signals and chemicals released by the brain and spinal cord are responsible for muscle stiffness and pain of the muscle and joints.
- Thiocolchicoside interrupts this signal transmission process in the brain and spinal cord and thus relieves muscle spasms and pain associated with it. Thus, this medicine eventually helps in restoring the movement of muscle and joints.Read less
Directions for Use of Ezact Mr Tablet
- Take the Ezact Mr Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, with or without food. Do not break or chew the medicine.
- You should take this medicine regularly, at the same time and without fail as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Ezact Mr Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way the Ezact Mr Tablet works or Ezact Mr Tablet itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Concomitant use of the Ezact Mr Tablet should be avoided during hormone replacement therapy or birth control pills, as it may increase your risk of side effects.
- Medicines used to modify immune responses such as Methotrexate, Cyclosporin or Tacrolimus.
- Medicines used to treat psychiatric illnesses such as Lithium containing products.
- Blood pressure and medicines used for heart disorders such as Enalapril, Losartan and water pills.
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with antibiotics like Rifampicin for various infections and painkillers like Aspirin may increase the risk of stomach ulcers.
- Blood-thinning medicines or anticoagulants such as Warfarin.
- Medicines used to treat heart failure and irregular heart rhythm such as Digoxin.
- Other medicines such as Salbutamol, Minoxidil, Voriconazole should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Ezact Mr Tablet
- Store the Ezact Mr Tablet in the original package in a cool and dry place, away from sunlight and moisture.
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children and pets.
- Do not use this medicine after it passes the expiry date.
- Do not flush the medicine. You need to properly discard it when it is expired or no longer needed.
Dosage of Ezact Mr Tablet
An overdose of the Ezact Mr Tablet may increase the side effects (nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhoea, increased blood pressure, palpitation, etc.) of this medicine. If you think you have taken more than the required dose, contact your doctor or visit a nearby hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a dose of the Ezact Mr Tablet, take it as soon as you remember it. However, if it is nearly time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am suffering from high blood pressure, can I take the Ezact Mr Tablet?
A: Ezact Mr Tablet increases the chances of heart attack and stroke and also decreases the effectiveness of blood pressure-lowering medicines. So, you should avoid this medicine in such a condition. Always consult your doctor before using this medicine.
Q: Is Ezact Mr Tablet habit-forming?
A: No, Ezact Mr Tablet is not habit-forming.
Q: I am on birth control pills, can I use the Ezact Mr Tablet?
A: Birth control pills contain a human-made form of a hormone called oestrogen. If you take the Ezact Mr Tablet with birth control pills, the level of oestrogen in the body increases, thus increasing the side effects as well. So always tell your doctor about all the medicines you are taking before using this medicine.
Q: Is Ezact Mr Tablet a painkiller?
A: Yes, Ezact Mr Tablet is a pain killer.
Q: Does Ezact Mr Tablet cause blood in urine?
A: If you are suffering from any liver or blood clotting associated problems, you may experience an increase in bleeding tendency like red urine if you use the Ezact Mr Tablet. Consult with your doctor for proper advice on the use and the dosage of this medicine.
- Arcoxia 60 mg Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 11 June 2021]
- [Internet]. Sanofi.in. 2021 [cited 11 June 2021]
- [Internet]. Ema.europa.eu. 2021 [cited 11 June 2021]
- CDSCO.Thiocolchicoside+Etoricoxib [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 11 June 2021]
Last Updated on: 18 Jun 2021 | 06:51 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved