Etoshine 60mg Tablet
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Etoshine Tablet is a prescription medicine that contains Etoricoxib as the main component. It is an anti-inflammatory medicine used to relieve pain, swelling and inflammation. It belongs to the class of medicines called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). Etoshine Tablet is used for the treatment of pain, swelling & inflammatory conditions due to arthritis. It is also used for the short term treatment of pain associated with other conditions also. Do not use this medicine if you are allergic to Etoricoxib. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor. The common side effects related to Etoshine Tablet are stomach pain, dizziness, indigestion, diarrhoea and constipation. These side effects are usually mild and not everyone gets them, in case they do not resolve even after a few days, consult your doctor.
Uses of Etoshine 60mg Tablet
- It is indicated for the symptomatic relief in swelling, pain or inflammation due to muscle spasm associated with medical conditions like Gout (pain, redness of joints due to deposition of mineral crystals) and arthritis.read less
Contraindications of Etoshine 60mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Etoricoxib or any other ingredient of this medicine.
- If you have an allergy to painkillers (NSAIDs) like aspirin or Ibuprofen.
- If you have severe liver or kidney disease.
- If your age is below 16.
- If you are suffering from stomach ulcers, bleeding from the intestine or inflammatory bowel disease.
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- If you had or have heart problems like heart failure, heart attack, bypass surgery or stroke or cerebrovascular disease (disorders that affect the blood vessels and blood supply to the brain).
- If you are suffering from uncontrolled high blood pressure.
Side effects of Etoshine 60mg Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Swelling of legs or feet (oedema)
- Rapid heartbeat
- Shortness of breath or wheezing sound (bronchospasm)
- Excessive gas
- Mouth ulcers
Precautions and Warnings of Etoshine 60mg Tablet
Can I take Etoshine Tablet during pregnancy?
- Etoricoxib must not be taken during pregnancy.
- If you are pregnant or think you can be pregnant, do not take this medicine.
Can I take Etoshine Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if Etoricoxib passes into human milk. However, a breastfeeding woman should take this medicine only if prescribed by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Etoshine Tablet?
Etoshine Tablet can cause dizziness, spinning sensation (vertigo) or sleepiness, if you experience any of these effects, it is advised not to drive or operate machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Etoshine Tablet?
No information is available on the interactions of this medicine when taken with alcohol. However, drinking alcohol while taking this medicine can worsen the side effects like dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from vomiting or diarrhoea and are dehydrated.
- You have a history of heart failure or other diseases related to the heart.
- You have swelling due to fluid retention (excess fluid in the body).
- You have high blood pressure; your doctor may need to check your blood pressure more often.
- You are suffering from liver disease or kidney disease.
- You are a diabetic, smoker or have high cholesterol as all these increases the chance of heart disease.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You are an aged person (above 65 years).
Mode of Action of Etoshine 60mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
This medicine works by reducing the formation of prostaglandins, a chemical responsible for pain and inflammation in the body. So, all the symptoms related to it improves gradually.
Directions for Use of Etoshine 60mg Tablet
- Take this medicine as advised by your doctor.
- Do not take more than the recommended dose.
- Do not take it for more time than prescribed as there is a risk of heart attack and strokes if taken for an extended period in high doses.
Interactions of Etoshine 60mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes Etoshine Tablet may affect the way other medicines work, and other medicines may affect how Etoshine Tablet works, if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking certain medicines like anticoagulants such as Warfarin, antihypertensive medicines like enalapril, losartan and water pills, medicines for a heart-related disease like digoxin, Antidepressants like Lithium, anti-asthmatic medicines like Salbutamol etc.read less
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with antibiotics like Rifampicin for various infections and painkillers like Aspirin may increase the risk of stomach ulcers.
- Concomitant use of Etoshine Tablet should be avoided along with birth control pills and immunosuppressants like cyclosporin, as it may increase your risk of side effects.
Interactions with food items
- Taking Etoshine Tablet with food does not affect the way it works.
- Etoshine Tablet can be taken with or without food.
Storage and disposal of Etoshine 60mg Tablet
- Etoshine Tablet does not require any special storage conditions.
- Try to keep out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Etoshine 60mg Tablet
If you think you have had an overdose of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for a missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I consult with the doctor while taking Etoshine Tablet?
- Inform your doctor if you have any infection because this medicine can mask the symptoms of a severe infection.
- For osteoarthritis, weight control and regular exercising can increase muscle strength and reduce the load on joints.
Q: Can I take Aspirin when I am taking Etoshine Tablet?
- Do not take a high dose of Aspirin (above 300m) generally given for pain relief.
- Taking this medicine along with such high doses of Aspirin can increase the risk of stomach ulcers.
- If you are taking Aspirin for heart disease (generally low dose), do not discontinue on your own, inform your doctor.
Q: Is Etoshine Tablet safe for use with anticoagulant medicines?
- Etoshine Tablet contains Etoricoxib. Caution is needed when you are using this medicine with anticoagulants as this medicine works by reducing the production of prostaglandins.
- Prostaglandins play a crucial role in clotting and their reduced levels may affect the action of anticoagulants. Close monitoring of clotting parameters such as prothrombin time (INR) is recommended during the initiation of therapy and anytime when the dose of Etoricoxib is modified.read less
Q: Is Etoshine Tablet safe during pregnancy?
- Etoshine Tablet should not be used during pregnancy or should be discontinued if pregnancy is detected while on treatment with Etoshine Tablet.
- It can delay the labour and can lead to malformations in the growing foetus.
Last Updated on: 24 Mar 2021 | 08:16 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Upto Rs.300 Cashback on ICICI Debit & Credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved