Etoford P Tablet
Etoford P Tablet Description
Etoford P Tablet is used for pain relief, especially in joint and muscle pain. It contains etoricoxib and paracetamol as active ingredient. Etoford P Tablet works by reducing the level of prostagland
ins and thus relieves pain and inflammation. You should not use this medicine if you have stomach ulcers as it can worsen them. It is also used for the short term treatment of pain associated with other conditions.
|You Save||₹30.00 (30% on MRP)|
|Contains||Etoricoxib(60.0 Mg) + Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(325.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Stomach pain, constipation, diarrhoea, indigestion, nausea|
- Etos P Tablets 10'sBy Ontop Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 54.00₹ 45.9034% CHEAPER₹ 4.59/Tablet
- Nucoxia P Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Zydus Cadila Healthcare Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 221.05₹ 187.89₹ 12.53/Tablet
Uses of Etoford P Tablet
Contraindications of Etoford P Tablet
- If you are allergic to etoricoxib, paracetamol or any ingredient of the Etoford P Tablet.
- If you have stomach ulcers or stomach bleeding problems.
- If you are taking other medicines to reduce pain or inflammation as you may experience allergic reactions like runny nose, throat congestion, skin allergies, etc.
- If you are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- If you have liver or kidney problems.
- This medicine is not meant to be used in children and adolescents under 16 years of age.
- If you have a bowel disorder.
- If you have high blood pressure or are diagnosed with a heart failure problem or have any heart-related problem.
Side effects of Etoford P Tablet
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Etoford P Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have stomach problems like ulcers, bleeding and perforation.
- You have experienced blood in vomit or black coloured stools, immediately inform your doctor.
- You have liver or kidney disease or any other pre-existing health condition.
- You are taking any other medicines or products that contain paracetamol, taking too much of the same can cause liver damage.
- You are an alcoholic or are suffering from chronic malnutrition.
- You have heart-related problems, high blood pressure or oedema.
- You have diabetes and you are an active smoker.
- You are pregnant or planning for pregnancy or are breastfeeding.
Mode of Action of Etoford P Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Etoricoxib helps in easing inflammation and pain by interfering with the production of certain chemicals in the body such as prostaglandins which are pain mediators and responsible for swelling and pain....
- Paracetamol works by interfering with the production of prostaglandins which is responsible for fever, swelling and sensation of pain.
Directions for Use of Etoford P Tablet
- Etoford P Tablet is taken orally and can be taken with or without food.
- Take this medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water.
Interactions of Etoford P Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of the Etoford P Tablet with other drugs. However, as the Etoford P Tablet contains Etoricoxib and Paracetamol, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination....
- Medicines used to treat nausea or vomiting like Metoclopramide or Domperidone and antibiotics like Chloramphenicol should not be used as it can lead to an increase in side effects.
- Medicines used like Warfarin if taken along may lead to increased risk of bleeding, caution is needed.
- Cholesterol-lowering medicines like Cholestyramine should be taken with a minimum gap of 2 hours.
- Oral contraceptives should be taken with a minimum gap of 12 hours.
- Medicines used to modify immune response like Cyclosporin or Tacrolimus if taken along can lead to kidney toxicity.
- Water pills, blood pressure medicines and pain killers should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Etoford P Tablet
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
- Do not keep outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
- Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste.
- Store the medicine at room temperature, away from heat, moisture and direct light.
Dosage of Etoford P Tablet
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I give the Etoford P Tablet to my 5-year-old daughter?
Q: Can I use the Etoford P Tablet during stomach pain and gastritis?
Q: Can I use the Etoford P for joint pain?
Q: Will the Etoford P Tablets make me sleepy?
- Etoricoxib 30mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 20 May 2022]
- Paracetamol 500mg Soluble Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 20 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 3 Sept 2022]