Etilaam 0.5mg Tablet
Etilaam 0.5 MG Description
Etilaam 0.5 mg Tablet is an anti-anxiety medication chemically related to the benzodiazepine family of medicines. It is generally used to alleviate anxiety and insomnia. Etilaam 0.5 mg tablet allev
iates the symptoms of excessive anxiety caused by temporary stressful situations like employment interviews, tests, and stage performances. It also controls restlessness, fatigue, and irritability. In people with sleeping disorders, Etilaam 0.5 mg Tablet is used to treat difficulty in falling asleep. Etilaam 0.5 mg reduces brain activity and promotes sleep. Taking a modest amount every day produces benefits, and the body receives a consistent dose of medicines. Because this prescription can cause addiction, it is essential to follow the doctor's instructions while taking it. Some conditions may further require a modification of dose and duration of treatment with Etilaam 0.5mg Tablet. Do not self medicate or give this medicine to someone else with similar symptoms.
Uses of Etilaam 0.5 MG
Contraindications of Etilaam 0.5 MG
- If you have severe liver conditions.
- If you have Myasthenia gravis.
- If you have chronic obstructive pulmonary disease COPD.
- If you have taken MAOIs (Monoamine oxidase inhibitors) within the last 14 days.
- If you have renal impairment.
Side effects of Etilaam 0.5 MG
- Stomach discomfort
- Muscle weakness
- Visual problems
- Fainting episodes
Precautions and Warnings of Etilaam 0.5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have sudden mood swings or suicidal thoughts.
- You have a history of liver or kidney illness to ensure proper dose modification.
- You are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Your blood pressure is fluctuating. In large doses, this medicine might produce a drop in blood pressure. It should be taken with caution in people with abnormally high or low blood pressure.
- You have a history of addiction. In individuals with a history of medicine abuse, this treatment should be used with caution. Dependency may be likely, especially if the planned use is for an extended period. ...
- You are above 60 years or getting the prescription medicine for someone who is bed-ridden. In the elderly and bed-ridden, this medicine should be used with caution because the danger of side effects may be more than in healthy people....
- Note: Do not abruptly stop using this medicine without medical advice.
Mode of Action of Etilaam 0.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Etilaam 0.5 MG
- The doctor will determine the dose and frequency of administration.
- It is advisable not to handle the tablets with damp, wet hands.
- Etilaam 0.5mg Tablets can be taken with or without food.
- It is best to take them at a fixed time every day.
- Take the medication with a glass of water and swallow your pills whole.
- Do not crush or break the tablets.
Interactions of Etilaam 0.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
Interactions with food items
- Drinking alcohol with Etilaam 0.5 mg tablets may increase the sedative effects of the medicine. Grapefruit juice is reported to interact with this medication.