Esorest 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Esorest 20 MG Description
Esorest Tablet is a medicine used to reduce acid in your stomach. It is used for the treatment of ulcers, acid reflux disease and to eradicate a bacteria called H.Pylori to reduce the risk of intesti
nal ulcers. It is also used for the treatment of Zollinger-Ellison syndrome. Esorest Tablet contains esomeprazole as an active ingredient. It must be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Take the medicine at least one hour before food.
- Esoz 20mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Integrace Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 121.50₹ 103.27₹ 6.88/Tablet
- Sompraz 20 Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Sun Pharma15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 112.50₹ 99.00₹ 6.6/Tablet
- Esomac 20mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Cipla Limited15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 103.86₹ 88.28₹ 5.89/Tablet
- Nexpro 20mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 102.10₹ 86.78₹ 5.79/Tablet
- Raciper 20mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Ranbaxy Laboratories (sun Pharma)15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 93.25₹ 79.26₹ 5.28/Tablet
- Izra 20mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 80.45₹ 68.38₹ 4.56/Tablet
Uses of Esorest 20 MG
- Esorest Tablet is used to treat and prevent ulcers in the stomach and intestine.
- It provides relief from heartburn, chest pain due to acid reflux disease like GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease).
- It is used to treat Zollinger-Ellison syndrome, a rare condition of increased acid production in the stomach due to the tumour.
- The medicine is used to treat ulcers due to excessive use of pain killers and antibiotics.
- It is used to eradicate the infection of a bacteria, H. Pylori, which if left untreated, causes ulcers.
Contraindications of Esorest 20 MG
- If you are allergic to esomeprazole or other ingredients of Esorest Tablet.
- If you are allergic to proton pump inhibitors like pantoprazole, lansoprazole, omeprazole, rabeprazole.
- If you are taking anti-HIV medicine nelfinavir.
Side effects of Esorest 20 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Esorest 20 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have problems with the liver or kidneys.
- You are taking Esorest Tablet for long-term.
- You are taking anti-HIV medicines like atazanavir or nelfinavir.
- You have or had an allergic reaction after taking similar medicines in the past.
- You develop stomach infections after using Esorest Tablet.
- You have weight loss, frequent vomiting, difficulty in swallowing and notice blood in vomit.
- You are undergoing treatment for a bacterial infection caused by H. pylori and taking clarithromycin (an antibiotic).
- You have vitamin B12 deficiency.
- You have a skin disorder, (lupus or SLE), characterised by a rash on areas of skin exposed to the sun.
- You have a magnesium deficiency.
- You must let the doctor or the laboratory person know that you are using the medicine while going for a lab test (Chromogranin A).
- Esorest Tablet is not recommended for children under the age of 12 years.
Mode of Action of Esorest 20 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Esorest 20 MG
- Esorest Tablet must be taken as directed by the doctor.
- Swallow as a whole with a glass of water.
- Take at least an hour before the meals.
- Take the medicine at the same time for optimal result.
Interactions of Esorest 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way Esorest Tablet works or the medicine itself reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the physician about the medicines, supplements or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interaction. Inform the doctor regarding a planned surgery or vaccination schedule.
- Taking blood thinners, medicines to treat heart problems, mental health problems, fungal infections, fits, HIV infection, cancer, heartburn, tuberculosis, organ transplantation.
Storage and disposal of Esorest 20 MG
- Store Esorest Tablet at a cool and dry place away from light and moisture.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Esorest 20 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Esorest Tablet?
Q: Can Esorest Tablet be used in children?
Q: Can I take a Esorest Tablet after having food?
- ESOMAC Tablets (Esomeprazole magnesium) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 15 June 2021]
- Esomeprazole 40 mg Gastro-resistant Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 15 June 2021].
- Esomeprazole 40 mg Gastro-resistant Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 15 June 2021].