Epitril Md 0.5mg Tablets
By NOVARTIS INDIA LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Epitril 0.5 MG Description
Epitril 0.5 mg is a prescription medicine that contains clonazepam. This is a drug that comes under the class of medications called Benzodiazepine. It enhances the activity of a neurotransmitter, nam
ely GABA (Gamma Amino Butyric Acid), present in the brain. Clonazepam falls under the category of benzodiazepines. Clonazepam’s effect is similar to a tranquillizer. It obstructs synaptic transmission. It is used to prevent seizures and control them. In addition, it is used as an anticonvulsant or an antiepileptic drug. Epitril 0.5 mg is used to treat seizures in children and adults, anxiety disorders, and panic disorders in adults.
|You Save||₹6.91 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Generalised seizures, Tonic-clonic seizures, Simple focal seizures, Complex focal seizures, Secondarily generalised seizures, Anxiety disorders, Panic disorders, Restless leg syndrome, Akathisia|
|Side effects||Lethargy, Fatigue, Sedation, Drowsiness, Impaired balance, Impaired coordination, Blurred vision, Confusion, Irritability, Lack of motivation, loss of libido, Hallucination, Delusion, Short term memory loss, Anterograde amnesia with high doses, Breathlessness, Shallow breathing, Anaphylaxis.|
Check more medicines with composition as Clonazepam(0.5 Mg)
Uses of Epitril 0.5 MG
- Generalised seizures
- Tonic-clonic seizures
- Simple focal seizures
- Complex focal seizures
- Secondarily generalised seizures
- Anxiety disorders
- Panic disorders
- Restless leg syndrome
Contraindications of Epitril 0.5 MG
Severe liver disorders Kidney disorders Alcohol intoxication Wide-angle glaucoma Closed-angle glaucoma Depression Sleep apnoea Suicidal thoughts History of drug abuse Asthma Decreased lung function COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder) Allergic to the drug or the components of the drug Myasthenia gravis Dementia Respiratory Depression Allergic to any other drugs belonging to the class of benzodiazepines...
Side effects of Epitril 0.5 MG
- Common Side Effects:
- Impaired balance
- Impaired coordination
- Less common or occasional side effects:
- Blurred vision
- Lack of motivation
- Loss of libido
- Short term memory loss
- Anterograde amnesia with high doses
- Shallow breathing
- Rare side effects:
Precautions and Warnings of Epitril 0.5 MG
Can I take Epitril 0.5 mg during pregnancy?
Epitril 0.5 mg is not recommended for pregnancy as it crosses the placenta and may harm foetal growth. A safer, alternative with the same therapeutic effect will be provided to you by your doctor.
Can I take Epitril 0.5 mg while breastfeeding?
Epitril 0.5 mg tablet contains clonazepam which passes through the breastmilk and may harm the child. So it is not safe for use during breastfeeding. Ask your doctor for a safer alternative with the same therapeutic effect.
Can I drive if I have taken Epitril 0.5 mg?
Epitril 0.5mg tablets may cause drowsiness or dizziness, affecting your ability to drive. So do not drive after taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Epitril 0.5 mg?
Consumption of alcohol is not recommended while taking Epitril 0.5 mg tablet as it will worsen the side effects such as drowsiness and dizziness. This medicine can also cause difficulty in concentrating and breathing problems.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Do not stop this medicine suddenly without talking to your doctor as that may lead to nausea, anxiety, agitation, flu-like symptoms, sweating, tremors, and confusion.
Mode of Action of Epitril 0.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Epitril 0.5 mg contains clonazepam that works by enhancing the activity of the inhibitory neurotransmitter Gamma Amino Butyric Acid (GABA) in the central nervous system. As a result, Gamma Amino Butyric Acid (GABA) in the brain increases. This causes a decrease in the excitability of the neurons, thus reducing the impulses transferred to the brain. This helps in controlling the seizures and panic attacks of the patient....
Directions for Use of Epitril 0.5 MG
- Epitril 0.5mg tablets can be taken with or without food and should be taken at a set time as advised by the doctor.
- Take the regular tablet whole with a glass full of water.
- Avoid sleeping immediately after taking the tablet.
- Clonazepam may be habit-forming, so it must be taken exactly as prescribed by the doctor.
- The person should not take multiple doses or overdose on the drug.
- Misuse of the drugs can cause addiction, overdose or death.
- Do not share the medicine with any other person, especially someone with a drug abuse history.
Interactions of Epitril 0.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Acetylsalicylic acid
- Rifampicin (Drug used in Tuberculosis)
- Levodopa (Drug used in the treatment of Parkinson's disease)
Interactions with food items
- Do not consume alcohol while using an Epitril 0.5 mg tablet as it may cause dizziness, drowsiness, difficulty concentrating, breathing difficulties, etc.
- Do not take food that contains caffeine like coffee, chocolates, etc.
Storage and disposal of Epitril 0.5 MG
Do not let children handle the medicine. Ensure that the medicine is kept away from sunlight or direct sun. Store this medicine in a dry, cold place. Medicines that are not used or left should be disposed of properly....
Dosage of Epitril 0.5 MG
- In overdose, patients may experience excessive sleepiness, increased heart rate, continuous eye movements, muscle weakness, and feeling over-excited. Seek emergency medical care or contact the doctor immediately....
Missed a Dose
Patients should not miss any dose of Epitril 0.5 mg tablet. If missed, take the medicine as soon as possible. But, if the dose is delayed for longer than 12 hours, skip the missed dose and take your next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take the tablet twice to make up for the missed one....
Dr. Pratik Gawai
Dr. Anuj Tiwari
MBBS, DNB Medicine
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop Epitril 0.5 mg tablet if I don’t have any seizure episodes?
A: Discuss with your doctor about reducing the dosage of Epitril 0.5mg. Do not completely stop taking the medicine. An abrupt stoppage of tablet Epitril 0.5mg can lead to significant withdrawal symptoms. Always discuss with your doctor about decreasing the dosage before completely stopping its usage.
Q: I am planning to get pregnant. Can Epitril 0.5 mg affect my fertility?
- There is no scientific evidence of Epitril 0.5 mg affecting fertility in either men or women. However, it is not safe to take Epitril 0.5 mg tablet during pregnancy. The medicine can affect the growing foetus. If you take Epitril 0.5mg, then consult the doctor before planning pregnancy....
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed