Epitril 0.5mg Tab
By NOVARTIS INDIA LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Epitril Md 0.5mg tab is prescribed for seizures, sleep problems and anxiety disorder. This medicine is antiepileptic and anticonvulsant. Epitril is effective in controlling panic attacks. Epitril works by calming the brain and reducing the hyperactivity of the nervous system. The active ingredient in this medicine is Clonazepam. Clonazepam falls under the category of benzodiazepines. Clonazepam’s effect is similar to a tranquilliser. It obstructs synaptic transmission. It treats anxiety and seizures by reducing serotonin usage. This medicine should be taken strictly under your doctor’s supervision since it is habit-forming. Hence its dose and duration can only be decided by a doctor. You should not stop this medicine unless advised by the doctor. Stopping this medicine midway through the treatment can cause unpleasant side effects. Doctors start this tablet at a very low dose to be on the safe side. The dosage is increased gradually as the body adjusts to the medicine....
Uses of Epitril Md 0.5 MG
- Certain forms of seizures
- Anxiety disorders
- Sleep Disorders
Contraindications of Epitril Md 0.5 MG
An allergy to any ingredients in this medicine. Lung disease. Pre-existing kidney or liver problem. Glaucoma Sleep apnea. History of failed suicide attempts. Under treatment for depression Myasthenia gravis. Pregnancy...
Side effects of Epitril Md 0.5 MG
- The side effects of this tablet may be different for different people. Common side effects are:
- Drowsiness or fatigue
- Memory problems
- Diarrhoea or constipation
- Irregular periods
- Serious side effects include the following.
- Breathing problems
- Severe coughing
- Severe choking
- Some of the rare side effects are as follows
- Changes in body weight
- Delusions or sudden anxiety
- Swelling of the lips, face, tongue or throat.
- Skin rash
- Ideally, the side effects should subside when the body adjusts itself to the medicine. Consult your doctor if these symptoms continue for a prolonged period.
Precautions and Warnings of Epitril Md 0.5 MG
Can I take Epitril Md 0.5 mg Tab during pregnancy?
No. Epitril Md 0.5 mg Tab should not be taken during pregnancy as it can harm the foetus.
Can I take Epitril Md 0.5 mg Tab while breastfeeding?
Epitril Md 0.5 mg Tab can be safely taken during breastfeeding. The drug is not transferred into breast milk in large quantities. It does not harm the baby. However, it is advisable to consult your doctor before starting the medicine while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have taken Epitril Md 0.5 mg Tab?
No. Epitril Md 0.5 mg Tab can cause side effects like drowsiness which can impair your driving skills.
Can I consume alcohol with Epitril Md 0.5 mg Tab?
No. Epitril Md 0.5 mg Tab should not be consumed with alcohol as alcohol may worsen the side effects of the medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Inform your doctor about any supplements or medicines you have been taking before starting this medicine.
- Talk to your doctor if your symptoms worsen or you don’t get any relief after starting this medicine.
Mode of Action of Epitril Md 0.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Epitril Md 0.5mg increases the action of a chemical messenger GABA. GABA is an inhibitory neurotransmitter in our central nervous system. It has an important role in regulating our fears, anxiety and stress. This medicine supplements the action of GABA, resulting in a reduction in the abnormal and unrestricted activity of the nerve cells in our brain. The result is that the patient taking this tablet feels calmer. There is a notable reduction in feelings of anxiety, worry and fear. It helps the patient to be more productive in his daily activities. The patient may also find the courage to indulge in activities that would scare them earlier. This includes normal activities like driving and swimming. Seizure patients may find a remarkable improvement in their jerking symptoms, loss of awareness and confusion....
Directions for Use of Epitril Md 0.5 MG
- Epitril md 0.5 mg Tab should be taken as per the doctor’s instructions.
- Do not reduce or increase the dose without the doctor’s advice.
- Depending on the severity of the problem, the doctor may prescribe this tablet either once a day or up to 4 times a day. The dose will also depend on the patient’s health and age.
Interactions of Epitril Md 0.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Epitril Md 0.5 mg Tab may interact with the following medicines:
- Sleeping pills
- Medicines used to treat epilepsy
- Medicines used as muscle relaxants
- Tricyclic antidepressants
Interactions with food items
- Epitril Md 0.5 mg Tab can be taken before or after food depending on the doctor’s instructions.
Storage and disposal of Epitril Md 0.5 MG
This medicine need not be stored in the refrigerator. It can be kept at room temperature. Do not expose this medicine to moisture, high heat or direct sunlight. This medicine should be handled with dry hands. Keep it in a closed cabinet out of reach of children....
Dosage of Epitril Md 0.5 MG
- The symptoms of Epitril Md 0.5 mg Tab overdose include fainting, confusion and drowsiness. The patient should be immediately rushed to the hospital in case of suspected overdose.
Missed a Dose
If you have forgotten to take a dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. However, skip that dose and continue with your regular medicine schedule if it's almost time for your next dose. Do not take an extra dose to compensate for the missed dose. It is better to take this medicine at a fixed time every day. Never stop the medicine without medical advice since you may experience withdrawal symptoms like muscle pain, extreme anxiety, tension, sweating, shaking and hallucinations....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I have been using Epitril Md 0.5 mg Tab for a few days now. I see no improvement in seizures. Why?
A: This medicine takes some weeks to show its impact. Consult your doctor if there is no relief for a prolonged duration after starting the medicine.
Q: How long does this medicine remain in my system?
- This medicine remains in the adult body for 6 to 8 hours. In children, its effect lasts for up to 12 hours.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.