Epitril 0.5mg Tablets
Epitril Md 0.5 MG Description
Epitril Md 0.5mg tab is prescribed for seizures, sleep problems and anxiety disorder. This medicine is antiepileptic and anticonvulsant. Epitril is effective in controlling panic attacks. Epitril
works by calming the brain and reducing the hyperactivity of the nervous system. The active ingredient in this medicine is Clonazepam. Clonazepam falls under the category of benzodiazepines. Clonazepam’s effect is similar to a tranquilliser. It obstructs synaptic transmission. It treats anxiety and seizures by reducing serotonin usage. This medicine should be taken strictly under your doctor’s supervision since it is habit-forming. Hence its dose and duration can only be decided by a doctor. You should not stop this medicine unless advised by the doctor. Stopping this medicine midway through the treatment can cause unpleasant side effects. Doctors start this tablet at a very low dose to be on the safe side. The dosage is increased gradually as the body adjusts to the medicine.
Uses of Epitril Md 0.5 MG
- Certain forms of seizures
- Anxiety disorders
- Sleep Disorders
Contraindications of Epitril Md 0.5 MG
Side effects of Epitril Md 0.5 MG
- The side effects of this tablet may be different for different people. Common side effects are:
- Drowsiness or fatigue
- Memory problems
- Diarrhoea or constipation
- Irregular periods
- Serious side effects include the following.
- Breathing problems
- Severe coughing
- Severe choking
- Some of the rare side effects are as follows
- Changes in body weight
- Delusions or sudden anxiety
- Swelling of the lips, face, tongue or throat.
- Skin rash
- Ideally, the side effects should subside when the body adjusts itself to the medicine. Consult your doctor if these symptoms continue for a prolonged period.
Precautions and Warnings of Epitril Md 0.5 MG
Other General Warnings
- Inform your doctor about any supplements or medicines you have been taking before starting this medicine.
- Talk to your doctor if your symptoms worsen or you don’t get any relief after starting this medicine.
Mode of Action of Epitril Md 0.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Epitril Md 0.5 MG
- Epitril md 0.5 mg Tab should be taken as per the doctor’s instructions.
- Do not reduce or increase the dose without the doctor’s advice.
- Depending on the severity of the problem, the doctor may prescribe this tablet either once a day or up to 4 times a day. The dose will also depend on the patient’s health and age.
Interactions of Epitril Md 0.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Epitril Md 0.5 mg Tab may interact with the following medicines:
- Sleeping pills
- Medicines used to treat epilepsy
- Medicines used as muscle relaxants
- Tricyclic antidepressants
Interactions with food items
- Epitril Md 0.5 mg Tab can be taken before or after food depending on the doctor’s instructions.
Storage and disposal of Epitril Md 0.5 MG
Dosage of Epitril Md 0.5 MG
- The symptoms of Epitril Md 0.5 mg Tab overdose include fainting, confusion and drowsiness. The patient should be immediately rushed to the hospital in case of suspected overdose.
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I have been using Epitril Md 0.5 mg Tab for a few days now. I see no improvement in seizures. Why?
Q: How long does this medicine remain in my system?
- This medicine remains in the adult body for 6 to 8 hours. In children, its effect lasts for up to 12 hours.