Emigo Md Tablet
By ZUVENTUS HEALTH CARE LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Emigo Md Tablet contains Ondansetron. It belongs to a class of medicines used to control nausea and vomiting.
Uses of Emigo Md Tablet
Emigo Md Tablet is used to prevent and manage nausea and vomiting induced due to chemotherapy and radiotherapy. It is also used to relieve symptoms of nausea and vomiting before and after surgeries an
Contraindications of Emigo Md Tablet
- If you are allergic to ondansetron or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are taking a medicine called Apomorphine, which is used to treat the loss of muscle control and muscle stiffness in Parkinson's disease.
Side effects of Emigo Md Tablet
- Low blood pressure
- Sensation of warmth
Precautions and Warnings of Emigo Md Tablet
Can I take Emigo Md Tablet during pregnancy?
Emigo Md Tablet must not be used during pregnancy, especially in the first trimester of pregnancy, as it can induce the risk of a baby being born with cleft lip and/or cleft palate (splits in the upper lip). If you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning for a baby, then you should consult your doctor before starting this medicine. Women of childbearing age should use birth control measures while taking this medicine to avoid pregnancy.
Can I take Emigo Md Tablet while breastfeeding?
This medicine passes into human milk and could harm the breastfed baby. Consult the doctor while taking this medicine during lactation.
Can I drive if I have consumed Emigo Md Tablet?
Emigo Md Tablet does not affect your driving ability. In case, you experience visual disturbances and drowsiness after taking this medicine, then avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Emigo Md Tablet?
There is limited information about the interaction of Emigo Md Tablet with alcohol, but avoid taking alcohol, as it can induce vomiting and nausea. It can also increase the chances of getting side effects like drowsiness and dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are allergic to similar medicines like Granisetron or Palonosetron.
- You have severe constipation or have a blockage in your stomach as this medicine can affect the food transit time through the digestive tract.
- You had or have heart problems like heart failure or irregular heartbeats.
- You have any liver problems.
- You have a condition of salt imbalance in your blood or dehydration or you are experiencing fluid loss.
Mode of Action of Emigo Md Tablet
How Does It Work?
Emigo Md Tablet works by inhibiting the action of a chemical substance named serotonin, which is responsible for inducing nausea and vomiting. Ondansetron binds to a receptor known as 5-HT₃, thus inhi
bits the binding of serotonin to it and prevents vomiting and nausea....
Directions for Use of Emigo Md Tablet
Take this medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, with or without food.
Interactions of Emigo Md Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Be cautious if you are taking medicine like Amiodarone for uneven heartbeats or arrhythmias.
- You may experience irregular heart rhythm if you take medicines like Doxorubicin, Trastuzumab, antihypertensive medicine such as Atenolol or Timolol, antimalarial medicine such as Halofantrine, antibiotic medicine like Erythromycin and antifungal medicine like Ketoconazole....Read more
- You may experience low blood pressure and unconsciousness if you take Emigo Md Tablet along with Apomorphine. Hence, these medicines should not be used together.
- Medicines used to relieve pain like Tramadol may not work when taken along with Emigo Md Tablet.
- You may experience serotonin syndrome (symptoms like high body temperature, irritation, shakiness, sweating, widened pupils and diarrhoea), including abnormal mental state with medicines used to treatmental states like Citalopram or Sertraline....Read more
- Other medicines like Phenytoin, Carbamazepine & Rifampicin may affect the action of Emigo Md Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Emigo Md Tablet
- Store it in the original packaging
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets
- Do not flush unused or expired medicine in the toilet or pour them into the drain
Dosage of Emigo Md Tablet
Symptoms of overdose are visual disturbances, constipation, low blood pressure and abnormal heart rhythm. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visi
t the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double
dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Emigo Md Tablet?
- Inform your doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have liver or stomach disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
Q: Is Emigo Md Tablet sedative?
A: No, Emigo Md Tablet is not known to cause any sedative effect.
Q: What is Emigo Md Tablet used for?
A: Emigo Md Tablet is used to manage nausea and vomiting during cancer chemotherapy and radiotherapy. It helps in preventing post and pre-operation/surgery emesis.
Q: Can Emigo Md Tablet be given during pregnancy?
A: No, it should not be given to a pregnant woman, especially in the first three months of pregnancy.
Q: Is Emigo Md Tablet useful for motion sickness?
A: No, it should not be used for motion sickness.
Last Updated on: 20 Mar 2021 | 09:47 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved