Dxt 30mg Tablet
Dxt 30 MG Description
Dxt 30 mg tablet is used to manage depression and anxiety disorder. It is also used to treat diabetic neuropathic pain (nerve damage due to diabetes), stress urinary incontinence, and fibromyalgia (w
idespread pain in the body). Depression is a mood disorder characterized by sadness, loss of interest, mood swings, hopelessness, loneliness, etc. The active ingredient in Dxt tablets is Duloxetine in the strength of 30 mg. The mode of action of Dxt 30 mg tablets is by increasing the levels of certain chemical messengers (serotonin and norepinephrine) in the brain, which regulate mood and energy and lower the pain caused by nerve damage. Directions of use of Dxt 30 mg tablets should be strictly followed. This medicine should not be taken without consulting a doctor as there are many side effects associated with this medicine. Sudden stoppage of this medicine can cause clinical worsening of the medical condition or lead to withdrawal-like symptoms. It is necessary to consult a doctor so they can gradually taper the dose of Dxt 30 mg tablets before stopping them completely.
|You Save||₹11.55 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Depression, Anxiety disorder, Diabetic neuropathy pain, Fibromyalgia, Urinary incontinence|
|Side effects||Nausea, Vomiting, Dizziness, Dry mouth, Diarrhoea, Sweating, Difficulty sleeping, Sexual dysfunction|
Uses of Dxt 30 MG
- As per CDSCO, Dxt 30 mg tablet is used for the treatment of :
- Major depressive disorder (a condition causing persistent feelings of sadness and loss of interest in life)
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (feelings of extreme worry and fear)
- Diabetic neuropathic pain (pain due to nerve damage in persons with diabetes)
- Stress urinary incontinence (lack of control over urination)
- Fibromyalgia (a condition with widespread muscle and joint pain)
Contraindications of Dxt 30 MG
- Do not take Dxt 30 mg tablets or use caution:
- If you are allergic to Duloxetine in Dxt 30 mg tablets
- If you take medications like monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOI) such as linezolid, methylene blue, and selegiline
- If you have a history of seizure disorder or epilepsy
- If you have severe skin conditions
- If you have uncontrolled hypertension
- If you have acute-angle glaucoma (a condition that causes fluid pressure in the eyes)
- If you take anti-Parkinson’s medications
- If you experience suicidal thoughts or behaviour
- If you have liver or kidney disease
- If you are pregnant or lactating
Side effects of Dxt 30 MG
- Side effects of Dxt 30 mg tablets include:
- Dry mouth
- Difficulty sleeping
- Sexual dysfunction
Precautions and Warnings of Dxt 30 MG
Mode of Action of Dxt 30 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Dxt 30 MG
- Take Dxt 30 mg tablets as prescribed by the doctor.
- Take this tablet with or without food or as prescribed by the doctor.
- Take this medicine on a regular schedule, preferably at the same time every day.
- Consume the whole tablet orally with a glass of water. Do not crush/break the tablet or chew this medicine.
- Do not take this tablet with other medication without consulting your doctor.
- Don’t abruptly stop taking this medication, as it may lead to withdrawal symptoms.
- Don’t exceed the dosage without consulting your doctor.
Interactions of Dxt 30 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Dxt 30 mg tablets can interact with prescription and non-prescription medications, herbal products, vitamins and nutritional supplements and cause adverse side effects. It is advised to inform the doctor of all medication being taken to be checked for possible interaction issues. The following medicines interact with Dxt 30 mg tablets, making them less effective or increasing the side effects....
- Concomitant use of this medication with antidepressants like Clomipramine, Desipramine, Imipramine, Amitriptyline, Amoxapine, etc.
- Opioids and other CNS depressants are contraindicated, as they may cause respiratory depression, coma, and death.
- This medicine should not be used concomitantly or within two weeks of using monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) like isocarboxazid, linezolid, methylene blue, selegiline, rasagiline, etc. It is potentially life-threatening....
- Interaction with antihistamines (allergy medicines) and painkillers like morphine, oxycodone, fentanyl, hydrocodone, tramadol, codeine, sleeping pills, etc., can increase drowsiness and fatigue.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), aspirin, warfarin, and other medications that affect coagulation may interact and increase the risk of bleeding.
- Interaction with herbal products like St John’s Wort can lead to life-threatening side effects.
Interactions with food items
- Avoid consuming Tyramine-rich foods such as cheese, milk, meat, chocolate, chicken liver, etc.
Storage and disposal of Dxt 30 MG
Dosage of Dxt 30 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I discontinue taking Dxt 30 mg Tablets once I see improvements in my symptoms?
Q: Does taking Dxt 30 mg tablets alter the sleep cycle?
Q: Will Dxt 30 mg tablets affect my sex life?
- New Drugs Approved by CDSCO [Internet]. 2022 [cited 8 March 2022]
- CYMBALTA: duloxetine hydrochloride capsule, delayed release [Internet]. dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 8 March 2022]
- CYMBALTA [Internet]. accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 8 March 2022]
- Drugs H. Duloxetine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 8 March 2022]
- Duloxetine: Medicine to treat depression, anxiety, nerve pain and stress urinary incontinence [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2022 [cited 8 March 2022]