Dxt 30mg Tablet
By RELIANCE FORMULATION PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Dxt 30 mg tablet is used to manage depression and anxiety disorder. It is also used to treat diabetic neuropathic pain (nerve damage due to diabetes), stress urinary incontinence, and fibromyalgia (widespread pain in the body). Depression is a mood disorder characterized by sadness, loss of interest, mood swings, hopelessness, loneliness, etc. The active ingredient in Dxt tablets is Duloxetine in the strength of 30 mg. The mode of action of Dxt 30 mg tablets is by increasing the levels of certain chemical messengers (serotonin and norepinephrine) in the brain, which regulate mood and energy and lower the pain caused by nerve damage. Directions of use of Dxt 30 mg tablets should be strictly followed. This medicine should not be taken without consulting a doctor as there are many side effects associated with this medicine. Sudden stoppage of this medicine can cause clinical worsening of the medical condition or lead to withdrawal-like symptoms. It is necessary to consult a doctor so they can gradually taper the dose of Dxt 30 mg tablets before stopping them completely....
|You Save||₹13.86 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Depression, Anxiety disorder, Diabetic neuropathy pain, Fibromyalgia, Urinary incontinence|
|Side effects||Nausea, Vomiting, Dizziness, Dry mouth, Diarrhoea, Sweating, Difficulty sleeping, Sexual dysfunction|
Check more medicines with composition as Duloxetine(30.0 Mg)
Uses of Dxt 30 MG
- As per CDSCO, Dxt 30 mg tablet is used for the treatment of :
- Major depressive disorder (a condition causing persistent feelings of sadness and loss of interest in life)
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (feelings of extreme worry and fear)
- Diabetic neuropathic pain (pain due to nerve damage in persons with diabetes)
- Stress urinary incontinence (lack of control over urination)
- Fibromyalgia (a condition with widespread muscle and joint pain)
Contraindications of Dxt 30 MG
- Do not take Dxt 30 mg tablets or use caution:
- If you are allergic to Duloxetine in Dxt 30 mg tablets
- If you take medications like monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOI) such as linezolid, methylene blue, and selegiline
- If you have a history of seizure disorder or epilepsy
- If you have severe skin conditions
- If you have uncontrolled hypertension
- If you have acute-angle glaucoma (a condition that causes fluid pressure in the eyes)
- If you take anti-Parkinson’s medications
- If you experience suicidal thoughts or behaviour
- If you have liver or kidney disease
- If you are pregnant or lactating
Side effects of Dxt 30 MG
- Side effects of Dxt 30 mg tablets include:
- Dry mouth
- Difficulty sleeping
- Sexual dysfunction
Precautions and Warnings of Dxt 30 MG
Can I take Dxt 30 mg tablets during pregnancy?
Dxt 30 mg Tablet is unsafe during pregnancy. Pregnant women should only take this medicine in a life-threatening situation or if prescribed by a doctor. Always consult a doctor before taking this medicine. Inform them about your pregnancy or intention to conceive at the time of prescription.
Can I take Dxt 30 mg tablets while breastfeeding?
Dxt 30 mg tablets are not recommended during breastfeeding. This medicine is excreted into breast milk and can harm the baby. Consult your doctor about the potential risks and benefits of taking Dxt 30 mg tablets.
Is it ok to drive after taking a Dxt 30 mg tablet?
Dxt 30 mg tablets may cause side effects that affect your driving ability. The medicine may cause decreased alertness, sedation, blurring of vision, confusion, dizziness, lethargy, and lightheadedness. Avoid driving if you are experiencing side effects after taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with the Dxt 30 mg tablets?
Alcohol consumption with Dxt 30 mg tablets is not advised. It increases the severity of side effects like decreased vision, dizziness, drowsiness, sedation, liver injury, etc. It also worsens the condition of your disease.
Mode of Action of Dxt 30 MG
How Does It Work?
Dxt 30 mg tablets contain Duloxetine 30 mg as their active ingredient. Duloxetine is an antidepressant that belongs to the serotonin and noradrenaline reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs) class of medicine. It works by increasing the chemical messengers, serotonin and noradrenaline, in the brain. These chemical messengers regulate mood and improve behaviour and quality of life. They also help lower the pain caused by nerve damage....
Directions for Use of Dxt 30 MG
- Take Dxt 30 mg tablets as prescribed by the doctor.
- Take this tablet with or without food or as prescribed by the doctor.
- Take this medicine on a regular schedule, preferably at the same time every day.
- Consume the whole tablet orally with a glass of water. Do not crush/break the tablet or chew this medicine.
- Do not take this tablet with other medication without consulting your doctor.
- Don’t abruptly stop taking this medication, as it may lead to withdrawal symptoms.
- Don’t exceed the dosage without consulting your doctor.
Interactions of Dxt 30 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Dxt 30 mg tablets can interact with prescription and non-prescription medications, herbal products, vitamins and nutritional supplements and cause adverse side effects. It is advised to inform the doctor of all medication being taken to be checked for possible interaction issues. The following medicines interact with Dxt 30 mg tablets, making them less effective or increasing the side effects....
- Concomitant use of this medication with antidepressants like Clomipramine, Desipramine, Imipramine, Amitriptyline, Amoxapine, etc.
- Opioids and other CNS depressants are contraindicated, as they may cause respiratory depression, coma, and death.
- This medicine should not be used concomitantly or within two weeks of using monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) like isocarboxazid, linezolid, methylene blue, selegiline, rasagiline, etc. It is potentially life-threatening....
- Interaction with antihistamines (allergy medicines) and painkillers like morphine, oxycodone, fentanyl, hydrocodone, tramadol, codeine, sleeping pills, etc., can increase drowsiness and fatigue.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), aspirin, warfarin, and other medications that affect coagulation may interact and increase the risk of bleeding.
- Interaction with herbal products like St John’s Wort can lead to life-threatening side effects.
Interactions with food items
- Avoid consuming Tyramine-rich foods such as cheese, milk, meat, chocolate, chicken liver, etc.
Storage and disposal of Dxt 30 MG
Store Dxt 30 mg tablet at room temperature in a cool and dry area, away from sunlight. Keep the tablets away from the reach of children and pet animals in a closed or locked cabinet. Please do not remove the medicine from its original packing. Do not flush Dxt 30 mg tablets down the toilet. Do not throw away the medicines as household waste. Dispose of the expired medicine immediately. Do not consume this medication after the expiry date stated on the label....
Dosage of Dxt 30 MG
Dxt 30 mg tablet overdose can cause symptoms like extreme sleepiness, lightheadedness, agitation, hallucination (seeing things or hearing voices that do not exist), fast heartbeat, and loss of coordination. If you experience these symptoms, rush to a nearby hospital for emergency treatment....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a Dxt 30 mg tablet dose, try to take it as soon as you remember. If you recall the missed dose when it is almost time for the next one, skip the missed one and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take both of them together; this can lead to adverse reactions....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I discontinue taking Dxt 30 mg Tablets once I see improvements in my symptoms?
A: Do not stop taking Dxt 30 mg tablets on your own, even if you have symptomatic relief. Sudden stoppage of this medicine can cause withdrawal symptoms that can be severe and debilitating. Consult your doctor before stopping the medication, as the dose will need to be slowly tapered to avoid any side effects.
Q: Does taking Dxt 30 mg tablets alter the sleep cycle?
A: Dxt 30 mg Tablet may hamper the sleep cycle and cause insomnia in some people. However, this side effect usually passes after a couple of weeks. Consult your doctor if you are experiencing it persistently.
Q: Will Dxt 30 mg tablets affect my sex life?
A: Dxt 30 mg tablets can cause decreased sexual drive, problems in erection and ejaculation, and difficulty in achieving orgasms in women. These side effects usually pass on their own after a couple of weeks. However, if you experience these side effects persistently, consult your doctor.
- New Drugs Approved by CDSCO [Internet]. 2022 [cited 8 March 2022]
- CYMBALTA: duloxetine hydrochloride capsule, delayed release [Internet]. dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 8 March 2022]
- CYMBALTA [Internet]. accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 8 March 2022]
- Drugs H. Duloxetine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 8 March 2022]
- Duloxetine: Medicine to treat depression, anxiety, nerve pain and stress urinary incontinence [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2022 [cited 8 March 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.