Duvadilan Retard 40mg Capsules
Duvadilan 40 MG Description
Duvadilan Retard 40 mg capsule is used for the treatment of peripheral vascular disease to increase blood flow in the blood vessels. It contains isoxsuprine, which is a vasodilating agent that works
y widening the blood vessels and improves the blood flow in the hands, feet or brain. It is advised to take Duvadilan Retard 40 mg capsule only if it is prescribed and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as suggested by the doctor. Do not share your medicines with others even if they have the same symptoms as you do. Try to take the medicine at the same time every day to get optimal results. Before using Duvadilan Retard 40 mg capsule, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history including the medicines you are already taking.
Uses of Duvadilan 40 MG
- Duvadilan Retard 40 mg capsule is used for the treatment of peripheral vascular diseases such as arteriosclerosis, Buerger's disease, and Raynaud's disease.
- It is also used for the treatment of certain bleeding conditions like cerebral vascular insufficiency (where there is less blood flow to the brain).
Contraindications of Duvadilan 40 MG
- If you are allergic to isoxsuprine or any of the ingredients of Duvadilan Retard 40 mg capsule.
- If you have low blood pressure.
- If you have fast/irregular heartbeats.
- If you any recent bleeding conditions.
Side effects of Duvadilan 40 MG
Precautions and Warnings of Duvadilan 40 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any underlying medical conditions like heart-related disorder, bleeding disorder, glaucoma (increased pressure inside the eyes).
- You have recently delivered a baby.
- You have an active bleeding disorder.
- Duvadilan Retard 40 mg capsule can make you feel dizzy. So, it is advised to get up slowly if you are rising up from a sitting or lying position.
Mode of Action of Duvadilan 40 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Duvadilan 40 MG
Interactions of Duvadilan 40 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Duvadilan Retard 40 mg capsule may interact with other medicines or sometimes other medicines may interfere with Duvadilan Retard 40 mg capsule if taken along.
- Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or any vaccination scheduled.
- Discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking.
- Especially, if you are on certain medications like antihypertensives, antipsychotics like risperidone, muscle relaxant like tizanidine, etc.
Storage and disposal of Duvadilan 40 MG
- Store Duvadilan Retard 40 mg capsule in its original packaging at room temperature (less than 30°C) and protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- The medicine should not be disposed of through any wastewater.
Dosage of Duvadilan 40 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Duvadilan Retard 40 mg capsule a habit-forming medicine?
Q: What should I mention to my physician before taking this medication?
Q: Can I take Duvadilan Retard 40 mg capsule if I have haemophilia?
Q: Can Duvadilan Retard 40 mg capsule be used in infants?
- Drugs H. Isoxsuprine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 18 August 2021]
- DailyMed - ISOXSUPRINE HYDROCHLORIDE tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 18 August 2021]
- Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed) [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 18 August 2021]