Duvadilan Retard 40mg Cap
By ABBOTT INDIA LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Duvadilan Capsule is used for the treatment of peripheral vascular disease to increase blood flow in the blood vessels. It contains isoxsuprine, which is a vasodilating agent that works by widening the blood vessels and improves the blood flow in the hands, feet or brain. It is advised to take this medicine only if it is prescribed and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as suggested by the doctor. Do not share your medicines with others even if they have the same symptoms as you do. Try to take the medicine at the same time every day to get optimal results. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history including the medicines you are already taking.
Uses of Duvadilan Retard 40mg Cap
- Duvadilan Capsule is used for the treatment of peripheral vascular diseases such as arteriosclerosis, Buerger's disease, and Raynaud's disease.
- It is also used for the treatment of certain bleeding conditions like cerebral vascular insufficiency (where there is less blood flow to the brain).
Contraindications of Duvadilan Retard 40mg Cap
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have low blood pressure.
- If you have fast/irregular heartbeats.
- If you any recent bleeding conditions.
Side effects of Duvadilan Retard 40mg Cap
- Difficulty in breathing
- Tightness in the chest
- Chest pain
- Uneven heartbeats
Precautions and Warnings of Duvadilan Retard 40mg Cap
Can I take this medicine during pregnancy?
Do not use this medicine if you are pregnant or think may be pregnant. Consult your doctor for more information.
Can I take this medicine while breastfeeding?
Avoid the use of this medicine if you are breastfeeding as there is no information is available on the use of Duvadilan Capsule during breastfeeding. Consult with your doctor before breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed this medicine?
Duvadilan Capsule may cause dizziness, so do not drive unless you are feeling well.
Can I consume alcohol with this medicine?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol along with this medicine. But it is advised to avoid alcohol consumption along with this medicine as it can make you dizzy.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any underlying medical conditions like heart-related disorder, bleeding disorder, glaucoma (increased pressure inside the eyes).
- You have recently delivered a baby.
- You have an active bleeding disorder.
- This medicine can make you feel dizzy. So, it is advised to get up slowly if you are rising up from a sitting or lying position.
Mode of Action of Duvadilan Retard 40mg Cap
How Does It Work?
Duvadilan Capsule works by widening the blood vessels, thereby improving the blood flow to certain parts of the body.
Directions for Use of Duvadilan Retard 40mg Cap
Take this medicine as instructed by your doctor at a fixed time. This medicine can be taken with or without food. Swallow the capsule as a whole without chewing, crushing or breaking it.
Interactions of Duvadilan Retard 40mg Cap
Interactions with other medicines
- Duvadilan Capsule may interact with other medicines or sometimes other medicines may interfere with Duvadilan Capsule if taken along.
- Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or any vaccination scheduled.
- Discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking.
- Especially, if you are on certain medications like antihypertensives, antipsychotics like risperidone, muscle relaxant like tizanidine, etc.
Storage and disposal of Duvadilan Retard 40mg Cap
- Store this medicine at room temperature (less than 30°C) and protect it from light and moisture.
- Store this medication in its original packaging.
- Keep it away from children.
- It is better to dispose of expired medicine after consulting with your pharmacist.
- The medicine should not be disposed of through any wastewater.
Dosage of Duvadilan Retard 40mg Cap
An overdose of this medicine can lead to symptoms such as weakness, dizziness, fainting, nausea and vomiting. Inform your doctor in such an event and get immediate medical attention.
Missed a Dose
If you forget a dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. However, if the time is nearer to the next dose, skip this one and continue with your next dose as usual. Do not take a double dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Duvadilan Capsule a habit-forming medicine?
A: There are no reports of Duvadilan Capsule being habit-forming.
Q: What should I mention to my physician before taking this medication?
A: Give a detailed history of all the medicines, herbal preparations and nutritional supplements using and any surgery performed to your doctor before using this medication.
Q: Can I take Duvadilan Capsule if I have haemophilia?
A: This medicine should not be consumed if you have haemophilia or any such bleeding disorders.
Q: Can Duvadilan Capsule be used in infants?
A: This medicine is not recommended for infants or children.
- Drugs H. Isoxsuprine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 30 April 2021]
- DailyMed - ISOXSUPRINE HYDROCHLORIDE tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 19 April 2021]
- Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed) [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 30 April 2021]
Last Updated on: 05 May 2021 | 03:02 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved