Dto H Tablet
By DWD PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Dto H Tablet Description
Dto H Tablet is an antibiotic containing a combination of two medicines - Ofloxacin and Ornidazole. It is used to treat diarrhoea caused due to mixed infections in adults. If you are allergic to this
medicine, then avoid taking it. This medicine should be used as prescribed, and for the duration, it is prescribed. You should complete the entire treatment with this medicine and not stop it midway on your own without the knowledge of your doctor.
|You Save||₹12.60 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Ofloxacin(100.0 Mg) + Ornidazole(250.0 Mg)|
Check more medicines with composition as Ofloxacin(100.0 Mg) + Ornidazole(250.0 Mg)
1 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Dto H Tablet
- O2 H Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Medley Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 107.75₹ 92.66₹ 9.27/Tablet
Uses of Dto H Tablet
Dto H Tablet is used in adult patients to treat diarrhoea due to mixed infection.
Contraindications of Dto H Tablet
If you have an allergy to Ofloxacin, Ornidazole or any of the ingredients of Dto H Tablet.
Side effects of Dto H Tablet
- Urge to scratch
- Urge to scratch in the genital part of women
- Inflammation in the vagina (discharge, itching, pain)
- Bad taste
- Blood disorders
- Increase in liver enzymes
- Abnormal urine reports (like excess of glucose, protein, alkaline urine, blood in urine, presence of white blood cells, etc)
Precautions and Warnings of Dto H Tablet
Can I take the Dto H Tablet during pregnancy?
You should consult your doctor before using the Dto H Tablet, as there is limited information about its safety during pregnancy. Your doctor will prescribe you this medicine if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take the Dto H Tablet while breastfeeding?
Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding, as no information is available on the use of Dto H Tablet if you are breastfeeding, your doctor will tell you whether to use this medicine or not after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Dto H Tablet?
You may feel sleepy, dizziness, visual disturbance, fits, body stiffness, loss of consciousness while taking the Dto H Tablet. Hence, avoid driving or operating any machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with the Dto H Tablet?
It is advisable not to consume alcohol during the treatment with the Dto H Tablet, it can impair your driving ability.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any kind of liver problem.
- You experience diarrhoea.
- You experience joint pain or muscle pain.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You experience muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis).
- You are suffering from any heart condition, like Torsades de pointes.
- You experience clostridium difficile associated diarrhoea (CDAD).
- You experience sensitivity to light on exposure to natural or artificial sunlight.
- You experience adverse reactions like inflammation of tendon or tendon Rupture (a tendon separates in whole or in part from tissue to which it is attached).
- You are suffering from Peripheral neuropathy (when the message-carrying capacity of nerve, to and from the brain and spinal cord from and to the rest of the body are damaged) like burning, tingling, numbness, pain, etc....
- You experience some effects on the central nervous system (CNS) like nervousness, aggression, lack of sleep, anxiety, hallucinations, depression, suicidal thoughts, etc.
- You may feel adverse reactions like fever, rashes, jaundice, allergic pneumonitis, difficulty in swallowing, swelling on face, lips, tongue, throat, fast heartbeat or any other allergic reactions.
Mode of Action of Dto H Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Dto H Tablet works by the combined action of Ofloxacin & Ornidazole.
- Ofloxacin inhibits the enzyme synthesis responsible for bacterial DNA replication. Hence, it shows the bactericidal effect.
- Ornidazole destructs the DNA helical structure, which interrupts the protein synthesis and ultimately leads to the death of bacteria.
Directions for Use of Dto H Tablet
Dto H Tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It can be taken with or without food. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Dto H Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat acidity (antacids) like sucralfate, cimetidine, multivitamins with zinc.
- Medicines used to treat pain and inflammation (NSAIDs) like ibugesic, aspirin.
- Medicines used to treat gout like probenecid.
- Medicines used to treat asthma or COPD like theophylline.
- Medicines used to stop blood clotting like warfarin.
- Medicines used to treat diabetes like Insulin, Glyburide, Glibenclamide.
- Medicines used to treat epilepsy like phenytoin, phenobarbital.
- Medicines used to relax the muscles (muscle relaxant) like vecuronium bromide.
- Medicines used to treat depression like lithium.
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements to avoid any interaction.
Storage and disposal of Dto H Tablet
Store Dto H Tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Keep it away from children and pets. Do not use expired or damaged medicines. Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain....
Dosage of Dto H Tablet
Symptoms of overdose may include drowsiness, nausea, dizziness, hot and cold flushes. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of Dto H Tablets, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Dto H Tablet, then take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take the Dto H Tablet?
A: You are supposed to take the Dto H Tablet as per the prescribed dosage duration by your physician. If you stop taking this early, then you may develop resistance. Also, there are many chances of reoccurrence of the infection.
Q: Is the Dto H Tablet habit-forming?
A: No, the Dto H Tablet is not habit-forming.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed